How much do you spend a month?

Anywhere from 7-1000 man and I only make 1,400-2,000 gotta cut down big time
Not saving enough smh...impulse buys and eatin out way to much

Mint.com is one of the best budget sites and also has apps which are really convenient and it updates you when your close to your limit you set or are over it all around pretty positive site/application.

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

2700 a month? what do you do for work if you dont mind me asking

IR Consulting, but I saved up a lot in college from working over the summers and living at home. Thank goodness the nightlife scene at school (Syracuse) was very inexpensive to go out. A drink at the bar was $2-3 and I lived with 6 other people so if we wanted to pregame one/two bottles for us to drink was 5-10$ each.

I thought $2-3 were happy hour prices.

Brooklyn NY

Rent: $1100
Gas/Electric/Cable/Cell: $400
NYSC: $43
Netflix: $9
Cigarettes: too much

Alot of impulse lately though. Need to cut that out. I can afford it but who knows for how long.

Originally Posted by chickencurry4eva

A little over 2 G's a month....I work FT but I don't even pay rent or have bills smh

The life. I work full-time, entry level at Target, and go to school. I spend every penny I make.

Working to solely survive sucks!

My rough average monthly breakdown is (for me and my wife)

Mortgage: $2,000
HOA Fees: $680
sick.gif

Cable/Internet: $60
Cellphones: $75
Groceries: $600
Eating out/Bar tab/coffee/etc... : $1,500
Medicine/Doc visits: $150
Utilities: $100
Other Expenses: $250
Housekeeper: $100
Wife's trainer/yoga class: $200
My Brazillian Jiu Jitsu gym membership: $160
Fuel: $450

Then there are other expenses that pop up throughout the year (car insurance, registration, maintenance, dog/vet visits, UFC PPV's, etc... etc...)

damn I need to make more money.

Originally Posted by lebrons n jays23

A little over 2 G's a month....I work FT but I don't even pay rent or have bills smh

The life. I work full-time, entry level at Target, and go to school. I spend every penny I make.

you and my wife would get along great.  she seems to have the same thought process as you.

i like to be prepared and financially responsible.  im trying to make sure that we are secure in case of a worst case scenario and that we are prepared for the future.  that means putting a decent amount of money into our 401K and IRA while diversifying our risk level on investments, having atleast a $50K cash cushion in case one of us gets laid off, etc.. etc...  my wife on the other hand has a very YOLO attitude and thinks that we should work so that we could enjoy life.  She has a hard time understsanding that financial stability = enjoyment of life for me.  It shouldnt all be about $200 dinners on a random Tuesday night, vacations, and reckless spending left and right.

People should post where they live. How the hell are you guys paying 400 a month on rent?

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

you and my wife would get along great.  she seems to have the same thought process as you.

i like to be prepared and financially responsible.  im trying to make sure that we are secure in case of a worst case scenario and that we are prepared for the future.  that means putting a decent amount of money into our 401K and IRA while diversifying our risk level on investments, having atleast a $50K cash cushion in case one of us gets laid off, etc.. etc...  my wife on the other hand has a very YOLO attitude and thinks that we should work so that we could enjoy life.  She has a hard time understsanding that financial stability = enjoyment of life for me.  It shouldnt all be about $200 dinners on a random Tuesday night, vacations, and reckless spending left and right.

You quoted me, so I'm not sure if you're talking to me or Chicken... All my money goes to rent/bills tho, and my child... I think more like you tho... now my soon to be wife, she would get along great with your wife! I'm like, so you want all this stuff, and not a house big enough to hold it all?! Pisses me off. I'm trying to save, but she makes it hard as heck!

PREACH!! Sometimes man...I'm not even going to go into it...smh but kudos

Originally Posted by jaywalkinsince91

Originally Posted by NaturalyLight

info on living conditions cause i know the east bay is cheap but that's just crazy
I'd assume he lives with multiple people or is kicking some dough out to his folks? 
nerd.gif
  I wish on everything I had the bills this dude does monthly. 
frown.gif
 'Useless crap' for me would be $100+ bar tabs and that is liable to happen 3-4 times a week 
tired.gif

what do you do if you dont mind my asking? 
I do consulting, mainly in the business development side of things.  I wasn't taking a shot at you at all, I legitimately wish I had the bills you do. 

I'd assume he lives with multiple people or is kicking some dough out to his folks? 
nerd.gif
  I wish on everything I had the bills this dude does monthly. 
frown.gif
 'Useless crap' for me would be $100+ bar tabs and that is liable to happen 3-4 times a week 
tired.gif

what do you do if you dont mind my asking? 
I do consulting, mainly in the business development side of things.  I wasn't taking a shot at you at all, I legitimately wish I had the bills you do. 

I know it wasn't a shot at me, you're confusing me with dude who we were talking about, I was just curious. I myself am a sub-contractor with San Francisco, but work pt at another place so I rake in a little over 2300 a month, but blow every penny, on what I couldn't tell you but I enjoy my spending ahah(even though I know I need to slow down)

Including rent around 2.5K per month....so that's $30K / year on expenses.

To the consultant guy's point, the bar tabs and bottles are what kill you.

You quoted me, so I'm not sure if you're talking to me or Chicken... All my money goes to rent/bills tho, and my child... I think more like you tho... now my soon to be wife, she would get along great with your wife! I'm like, so you want all this stuff, and not a house big enough to hold it all?! Pisses me off. I'm trying to save, but she makes it hard as heck!
reading comprehension FAIL on my part
laugh.gif
  I thought you meant that you spend every penny you make on frivolous purchases since working to survive (ie. pay for necessities) is for the birds.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

granted its different for everyone, but i think eating out is the biggest killer of disposable income, especially if youre married to someone who has NO CONCEPT of how expensive it is.

for example:

my wife and i were on our way to dinner on a random weeknight last week.  there is this restaurant/bar that we frequent quite often (probably twice a month).  Its not fine formal dining, but not exactly a hole in the wall either.  We usually just go there for casual dinners because we enjoy the food and its conveniently located.

so on the way there my wife says something like "oh i totally forgot about the Cheesecake Factory in the marina (which is about 2 miles from home... so its conveniently located).  We could go there some time, but maybe not for casual "whatever" dinners.

i was like huh?  why not for just a casual whatever dinner?  She says, well its not exactly cheap you know.  I feel like the entrees there are priced on the higher side to compensate for the amount of food they give you.  I wanted to stop the car and slap her.  I told her that the place that we were headed to was not any cheaper than Cheesecake.  In facts, its probably more expensive considering they give fairly small portions.  Thats how ridiculous my wife is with money.  Somehow with her gorilla math, she equates a $100 dinner for 2 at our local spot as being a suitable choice for a casual whatever dinner, but friggin cheesecake factory (which i could probably get out for around $75 for 2) is too expensive for a casual dinner.

sometimes i wonder why i got married (but i digress)

Monthly Expenses - North Carolina - Bare Necessities

Mortgage - 1100
Electricity - 100
Car Note - Paid off
Cable/Internet - 140
Food/Groceries - 200
Health/Dental - Paid by employer
Car Insurance - 80
Water - 20
Phone - 30
My beagle - 60
My parents utility bills - 400

Total - $2130 not including social life, clothing, sneakers, etc.

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

Brooklyn NY

Alot of impulse lately though. Need to cut that out. I can afford it but who knows for how long.
eek.gif
eek.gif
  Im out here payin 73 a month on a corporate rate through my job, how the hell'd you manage that??

Brooklyn NY

eek.gif
eek.gif
  Im out here payin 73 a month on a corporate rate through my job, how the hell'd you manage that??

IM SAYING!! how the hell? 

Originally Posted by biff lawson

Brooklyn NY

eek.gif
eek.gif

IM SAYING!! how the hell? 
Probably has student discount. I know they offer it around April or May but you can't be in there during peak hours which I think is 4-8pm

@Mojodmonky1 i see how that could be easily misinterpreted... but yeah, I'm one of the birds for now, but not for long!

reading comprehension FAIL on my part
laugh.gif
  I thought you meant that you spend every penny you make on frivolous purchases since working to survive (ie. pay for necessities) is for the birds.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

granted its different for everyone, but i think eating out is the biggest killer of disposable income, especially if youre married to someone who has NO CONCEPT of how expensive it is.

for example:

my wife and i were on our way to dinner on a random weeknight last week.  there is this restaurant/bar that we frequent quite often (probably twice a month).  Its not fine formal dining, but not exactly a hole in the wall either.  We usually just go there for casual dinners because we enjoy the food and its conveniently located.

so on the way there my wife says something like "oh i totally forgot about the Cheesecake Factory in the marina (which is about 2 miles from home... so its conveniently located).  We could go there some time, but maybe not for casual "whatever" dinners.

i was like huh?  why not for just a casual whatever dinner?  She says, well its not exactly cheap you know.  I feel like the entrees there are priced on the higher side to compensate for the amount of food they give you.  I wanted to stop the car and slap her.  I told her that the place that we were headed to was not any cheaper than Cheesecake.  In facts, its probably more expensive considering they give fairly small portions.  Thats how ridiculous my wife is with money.  Somehow with her gorilla math, she equates a $100 dinner for 2 at our local spot as being a suitable choice for a casual whatever dinner, but friggin cheesecake factory (which i could probably get out for around $75 for 2) is too expensive for a casual dinner.

sometimes i wonder why i got married (but i digress)
i work in investment banking....which means i gerneally eat dinner in the office.

Consequently, my meals are paid for
pimp.gif

So the money I would spend on dinner, i spend at the club
laugh.gif

Woodbridge VA

married, 1 kid

mortgage-1800
health insurance- 240
car insurance-150
student loas-1100
daycare-850
gas, water, electric- 500
cell, cable, internets- 475
credit cards- 400
groceries- 400

all in all, close to $7,000 per month

*thanks to the wife, this month we've spent over $500 eating out and gifts (bdays/mothers day)

smdh

OP your expenses are 60k a year, I'm just curious what's your income? I hope it is at least 20% above your expenses.

Back
Top Bottom