How Much Should Painting Services Cost

I want my living room, kitchen, dining room, family room and a small bathroom painted. How much is reasonable for anyone who has experience in painting or hashad it done?

Thanks !

I work too much to do it myself. I also forgot to mention that I purchased all the materials.

Definately do it yourself. Just make sure to get some painters tape to seal off edges so it looks clean.

You can knock this out Saturday morning. Get up around 7am, get a good breakfast, put in work, done before you know it.

Painting is a skill people should learn in life imo
grin.gif

they will give you an estimate on squarefoot /size.

IF I WAS YOU...id just go to the local homedepot early round 8 830..The run of the mill/left overs will be there...Can pick up a few Hispanic guys to do it foryou. Prob charge you a few hundred bucks.

My uncle has his own painting business. He had just recently painted the house we rent..its a 2 family so its quite big. The bill for the landlord came out tobe $15,000
pimp.gif
. He had workers so he probably only got 10k out of it. Butstill, for a 2 weeks times....15k worth of money in your pockets.

painting is not cheap I will tell you that.....I just moved into a house and wanted the whole thing painted....prep+paint+finishing and moldings = 4k.....I didit myself over 3 weekends and saved $3600, and I was using the best paint I could find $50 a gallon....

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

they will give you an estimate on squarefoot /size.

IF I WAS YOU...id just go to the local homedepot early round 8 830..The run of the mill/left overs will be there...Can pick up a few Hispanic guys to do it for you. Prob charge you a few hundred bucks.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

do that though

Thanks for the inpput guys. I think I'm gonna give the guy about $400-$500. I'm kinda helping and I bought the supplies. He told me to just bless himwith whatever he wouldn't quote me a price. He is a professional though but he says business is slow.

if he's doing 5 rooms..I'd kick in a tad bit more.
esp if he's also doing the prep work to get the walls ready for paint(if they need any prep)

No prep work was needed. We just bought a new house. The walls were painted white but the wife wanted diff. I helped out with sealing edges and I did most ofthe bathroom. We're taking a break right and have two more rooms to go.

I thought doing it yourself was the right way too and i gave up. I'm a terrible painter
laugh.gif
I just couldn't get it looking right, everything lookeduneven. I wound up paying our handyman(that a friend of the family) $100 for my bedroom. 4 walls, ceiling and all the wood work triming.

Back
Top Bottom