How much space do you leave in your shoes?

It really depends...for balling, I've worn anywhere from size 10 to 11....most of the time, I find size 10.5 is the best fit for me, since i double sock, and i like to have just a little wiggle room, but there are some shoes i wish i bought a 10 instead of a 10.5 (cool grey 11s, Adi-Zero Rose etc.)

if i want a tight fit i can go 9-9.5 but if i want a nice loose fit 10. I go with 9,5 for 5s though

if i want a tight fit i can go 9-9.5 but if i want a nice loose fit 10. I go with 9,5 for 5s though

I personally like my shoe a little bit loose to have room the walking around in Nikes and Jordans. If the shoe have a snug fit to it I would say go a half size bigger and so it would be more comfortable.

I personally like my shoe a little bit loose to have room the walking around in Nikes and Jordans. If the shoe have a snug fit to it I would say go a half size bigger and so it would be more comfortable.

my rule of thumb is if its casual wear about a thumbnail length to half thumb nail length...if its for playing, i guess it would also depend on how it feels width wise but in terms of length, i generally leave half a thumbnail length so that its a snug fit. ive found that if i leave a full thumbnail length the shoe is a little loose (width wise) so i aim for half thumbnail length for shoes i wear for basketball.

running, i leave about a full thumbnail length since the foot moves up and down a lot and i dont want to jam the toe at the tip of the shoe over distances.

hope that helps.

as you can see from the input above everyone has different feet (narrow, to wide, to narrow heel even) so it really determines on the make and model of shoes, but thats my general rule of thumb (no pun intended).

my rule of thumb is if its casual wear about a thumbnail length to half thumb nail length...if its for playing, i guess it would also depend on how it feels width wise but in terms of length, i generally leave half a thumbnail length so that its a snug fit. ive found that if i leave a full thumbnail length the shoe is a little loose (width wise) so i aim for half thumbnail length for shoes i wear for basketball.

running, i leave about a full thumbnail length since the foot moves up and down a lot and i dont want to jam the toe at the tip of the shoe over distances.

hope that helps.

as you can see from the input above everyone has different feet (narrow, to wide, to narrow heel even) so it really determines on the make and model of shoes, but thats my general rule of thumb (no pun intended).

I know it's benn mentioned a million times but...
I always follow the "One thumb rule"...
I want my toes to have "wiggle room".. 
happy.gif

I know it's benn mentioned a million times but...
I always follow the "One thumb rule"...
I want my toes to have "wiggle room".. 
happy.gif

I think just as long at it's not griping my big toe it's cool, freedom of movement is great as memphis mentioned, I'm usually more concerned about the width of the shoe

I think just as long at it's not griping my big toe it's cool, freedom of movement is great as memphis mentioned, I'm usually more concerned about the width of the shoe

for me its different from shoe to shoes. a size 12 air max 90 fits my foot PERFECT like its rediculous how good they fit and theres just a little space like a 1/4 inch. jodans im not as lucky with because something like a size 12 XI fits really well but a 7 is huge so usually i rock 11.5 or 12 depending on the shoe because some fit bigger than others but i usually like it when theres a 1/4-1/2 inch of extra space.

for me its different from shoe to shoes. a size 12 air max 90 fits my foot PERFECT like its rediculous how good they fit and theres just a little space like a 1/4 inch. jodans im not as lucky with because something like a size 12 XI fits really well but a 7 is huge so usually i rock 11.5 or 12 depending on the shoe because some fit bigger than others but i usually like it when theres a 1/4-1/2 inch of extra space.

Back
Top Bottom