How much space do you leave in your shoes?

After all this talk about the fit of the air jordans of late as well as some conversations I have had with friends about shoe sizes and what not, the question came up as to how a shoe should fit.

I have heard everything from half a thumbnail when your foot is pressed all the way to the back to half an inch in the front and 1/8th of an inch in back. I have also heard not to adhere to the "space" theory because once the shoe breaks in, it will be too big.

I have worn a size 10 most of my life but people are saying I wear my shoes too big.

what is your guys' input and how do you know if your shoe fits? Mods, please move if in wrong section, I was not really sure where to post.

After all this talk about the fit of the air jordans of late as well as some conversations I have had with friends about shoe sizes and what not, the question came up as to how a shoe should fit.

I have heard everything from half a thumbnail when your foot is pressed all the way to the back to half an inch in the front and 1/8th of an inch in back. I have also heard not to adhere to the "space" theory because once the shoe breaks in, it will be too big.

I have worn a size 10 most of my life but people are saying I wear my shoes too big.

what is your guys' input and how do you know if your shoe fits? Mods, please move if in wrong section, I was not really sure where to post.

I personally love the feel of having room in my shoe compared to a snug fit...Not too big to the point where its clown shoes looking...As long as my big toe and hittin the front of the shoe...I'm good.

I personally love the feel of having room in my shoe compared to a snug fit...Not too big to the point where its clown shoes looking...As long as my big toe and hittin the front of the shoe...I'm good.

its better to have a small space for the toes, i usually get half an inch up for most of my shoes

its better to have a small space for the toes, i usually get half an inch up for most of my shoes

I usually get mine fitting just below tight, where my toes are cramped.
My feet are narrow so I cant size up too much. I guess around less than a thumb? Around that

I usually get mine fitting just below tight, where my toes are cramped.
My feet are narrow so I cant size up too much. I guess around less than a thumb? Around that

i like mine with zero extra space. not buying them too small so that my toes are pushing through the end of the shoe, but as close to the front as possible without hitting the end. i have narrow heels, so this helps stop my foot from moving around in the shoe.

i like mine with zero extra space. not buying them too small so that my toes are pushing through the end of the shoe, but as close to the front as possible without hitting the end. i have narrow heels, so this helps stop my foot from moving around in the shoe.

Son, there is no right answer for this. YOU have to figure out how you like to have YOUR shoes fit. You might prefer a tighter feel, or a little bit of space in front of your toes. It doesn't matter what people tell you the answer is because the answer is always subjective. So, with all due respect: figure it out yourself

Son, there is no right answer for this. YOU have to figure out how you like to have YOUR shoes fit. You might prefer a tighter feel, or a little bit of space in front of your toes. It doesn't matter what people tell you the answer is because the answer is always subjective. So, with all due respect: figure it out yourself

are you guys measuring with your foot all the way back? or just after you take a couple steps?

cause If i only have a half inch when me heel is to the back, when i walk my toe will still hit the front.

are you guys measuring with your foot all the way back? or just after you take a couple steps?

cause If i only have a half inch when me heel is to the back, when i walk my toe will still hit the front.

Always give you feet room to flex and breathe. Try giving yourself half the length of your longest toe. That way when you run your foot fills the void left in your kicks without causing pain or discomfort.
Edit: This technique can be used in general with ALL shoes. As each brand sizes might be different.

Always give you feet room to flex and breathe. Try giving yourself half the length of your longest toe. That way when you run your foot fills the void left in your kicks without causing pain or discomfort.
Edit: This technique can be used in general with ALL shoes. As each brand sizes might be different.

i hate when i get a shoe and its run big and i get a crease i usually buy off line cuz im in the army and never free to cop and try on in the someday lol

i hate when i get a shoe and its run big and i get a crease i usually buy off line cuz im in the army and never free to cop and try on in the someday lol

Originally Posted by MajorSneakerHead41

idk man, if it fits snug, you can still get creases.  It depends on the shoes material

Originally Posted by MajorSneakerHead41

idk man, if it fits snug, you can still get creases.  It depends on the shoes material

It really depends...for balling, I've worn anywhere from size 10 to 11....most of the time, I find size 10.5 is the best fit for me, since i double sock, and i like to have just a little wiggle room, but there are some shoes i wish i bought a 10 instead of a 10.5 (cool grey 11s, Adi-Zero Rose etc.)

Back
Top Bottom