How Much Vitamin C Is Too Much?

With breakfast this morning I had two of my vitamins, and those were approximately 850% of my daily value of vitamin C. Went to Wingstreet for lunch and got aSoBe LifeWater. That had 250% of my daily value of Vitamin C. So how much more can I have today, and what are the effects of consuming too much vitamin C?
nerd.gif

my friend,

nothing bad can come from consuming too much vitamin C. Its water soluble, so your body doesn't retain it like fat soluble vitamins. you'll just pissout the excess intake...

cheers

You can never have too much Vitamin C. Actually, high doses of Vitamin C can help fight off LDL cholesterol (bad kind). It also boosts your immune system.....

I have Vitamin C every night before bed. I don't think it's bad for you to intake too much.

If it is...RIP to me.

Speaking from experience, too much Vitamin C can give you stomach aches and indigestion. So if your stomach starts to heart stop taking so much.

too much of anything can be bad, make sure on a daily/weekly basis you squeeze in some other vitamins

drink water
grin.gif

Hmmm... Thanks for the tips. I drink plenty of water and mix it up as far as vitamins, so I should be straight.

Extra Vitamin C you basically piss away thru your system.

If you're worried, change up your multis with lower dosages.

Remember, the "% Daily Value" for vitamins are basically the minimum for an average person. You can have more, often much more...especially if youare active.

You know Its too much when you drink a lot of water and your urine is still bright yellow...this takes an excessive amount though

Originally Posted by Hen Lin 32

Originally Posted by N1K3B4LLER

my friend,

nothing bad can come from consuming too much vitamin C. Its water soluble, so your body doesn't retain it like fat soluble vitamins. you'll just piss out the excess intake...

cheers

/thread
assuming the kidneys are healthy this is true. but there are lots of bad things that can happen with excess vitamin C and kidney disease

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

my friend,

nothing bad can come from consuming too much vitamin C. Its water soluble, so your body doesn't retain it like fat soluble vitamins. you'll just piss out the excess intake...

cheers

/thread
assuming the kidneys are healthy this is true. but there are lots of bad things that can happen with excess vitamin C and kidney disease
What can I drink to clean out my kidneys? Cranberry juice?

You can't have too much Vitamin C..like everyone said. It will just go through your system and you'll get rid of the excess intake

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

my friend,

cheers

/thread
if you're on your period...

Originally Posted by BwooDFolkGD74

my friend,

cheers

/thread
if you're on your period...
I hope Nate Robinson gets eaten by Eddy Curry.
smh.gif

my friend,

cheers

/thread

water...green tea....thats the formula before a test
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by carlosdapaperboy

You can never have too much Vitamin C. Actually, high doses of Vitamin C can help fight off LDL cholesterol (bad kind). It also boosts your immune system.....

proof? i don't think there is any evidence of this in any articles or journals. vitamin C "might" be able to help your immune system (likeairborne) but that might just be a mental thing as well. as far as ldl, the best agent to reduce it is statin drugs.

Back
Top Bottom