How much you pay for your haircut/ hair styling?

Like I said, why would someone that get's the simple, EASY "fade" hair cuts(aka over 80 percent of NT) that take 5-15 minutes tops tip unless the barber let's them go straight to the chair no wait time. Are you tipping for the difficulty of the haircut or what? If you have a difficult hair cut will you tip 10-15 bucks on a 15 dollar haircut?
I'm not being petty. I asked simple questions. From dining in it's normal to tip 15-20 percent right? I just asked how much do you tip for a haircut?
and i certainly to not hang out and talk to people at my barber shop, I go in, wait like everyone else if I have to, get my haircut, and get out. I pay 10 bucks I have a simple haircut I just never thought I had to tip for a simple hair cut that takes 10 minutes. I'm far from a penny pincher :rolleyes.

you dont tip a barber according to the difficulty of your cut man :rofl: you just do.....your cut is 8$ you seriously hand in a 10$ and want 2$ back?....thats not penny pinching?

But when the cut is like $30+. I'd like to think that's part of the service charge. And not just money to keep the lights on

Tip your barber/stylist bro. Stylists and barbers dont get the full amount that you pay. Even tho my cut is free I still tip shorty $5 cus her edge up is too damn clean

$12 + $8 tip/every other week. My barber used to cut me up for in HS for $5 in his backyard before he got his license. 

Thinking about it now, I've had the same barber for about 11 years now. 

When I go to my Dominican to get my hair cut small with shave plus tip 20. When I go to a stylist when I have more hair and want something different 35 with tip.

I know one dude pay's with a 50 every time. 15 for the cut 35 for the tip. His barber loves him lol

Last edited:
Dominican barbers are the best

THIS.

With the economy and job constraints I usually only go once every 2-3 weeks.

$20 for the full cut/beard/part/combover steez, $5 for the tip (I feel bad for you NYC NTers droppin 30-40+, but its a more expensive market)

IF you've built a rapport with your barber (which i Highly recommend), you should have no problem having him retouch up any lines (beard.mustache, taper) or fix anything up (clippers, scissors, or razor) without him catching feelings (or you feeling bad). My barber ALWAYS has me give my cut a thorough lookover before I get out the chair, and He touches it up to my liking should that be the case.

The Dominican Shop i hit is pure LULZ, comedy, **** talkin, and love (my Latino/spanish ninjas know what i'm talmbout, lol)...

Any yeah I've only had 3 barbers since I was 18 (I'm 33 now), and IMO, is a rapport that can only be had with a Male barber. I can't imagine a shorty cuttin my hair, and I dont really care to ever find out.

You HAVE to TIP. Just like you would the waiter, the bartender, the valet, or Room service. It shouldn't even BE a question.

When I get lined up 8 with the tip. Now when I'm getting retwisted 50 with the tip.

THIS.

With the economy and job constraints I usually only go once every 2-3 weeks.

$20 for the full cut/beard/part/combover steez, $5 for the tip (I feel bad for you NYC NTers droppin 30-40+, but its a more expensive market)

IF you've built a rapport with your barber (which i Highly recommend), you should have no problem having him retouch up any lines (beard.mustache, taper) or fix anything up (clippers, scissors, or razor) without him catching feelings (or you feeling bad). My barber ALWAYS has me give my cut a thorough lookover before I get out the chair, and He touches it up to my liking should that be the case.

The Dominican Shop i hit is pure LULZ, comedy, **** talkin, and love (my Latino/spanish ninjas know what i'm talmbout, lol)...

Any yeah I've only had 3 barbers since I was 18 (I'm 33 now), and IMO, is a rapport that can only be had with a Male barber. I can't imagine a shorty cuttin my hair, and I dont really care to ever find out.

You HAVE to TIP. Just like you would the waiter, the bartender, the valet, or Room service. It shouldn't even BE a question.

I've never had that experience. Wish I did tho. Before shorty started cutting my hair I used to go to the this small Chinese owned shop where this real quiet dude did my taper. Homie would hook it up but I cold never just chill and talk with him. And before him my cousin used to fade me up but we fell out over some BS and we're not in talking term anymore.

I don't know why females get a bad rap when it comes to fades. Once you find one that can cut real good its the best **** possible because theyre making you look good to a woman's eye haha

Only had one lady cut my hair. Mrs Maxine. She was da master barber and had 3 hr waits smh. She lined up nicely tho if she wasn't there I wasn't gettin a cut lol

Hi-top fade.

$15 cut. $5 tip.

I believe she is Dominican & Carribean. Tomboy with dreads longer than Damien Marley & Tunechi.

$20, $40 on holidays like Xmas, New Years and thanksgiving it's what I've always paid since I was 14. My barber been cutting me since he was 20 I just sit in the chair and he be like "yo a fade or a tape up would like nice on you" I tell him to go for it and he never disappoints.
Dominican barbers from the heights>>>>>Dominican barbers from the bx
Half moons with the part>>>>>>

30 for the hair cut and 5-10 dollars for tip. Been going go the same place with the same stylist for the past 2 years so it really is convenient. She knows how I want my hair and the service is excellent with a little head massage at the end. Helps that my stylist is hot too.

Shorty kept it 1hunna on Saturday :pimp:

$35 for the wash + retwist, and only $20 more for the plaited locs. Even told me that I look like I might have that Musiq Soulchild swag with the instruments. Gave her a tip.

14 +6 tip (Love SD prices compared to the DMV :smh: )
Erry 2 wks
Ain't about that itchy life erry wk.

$18 + $2 tip.  After reading this thread, I feel bad about only tipping $2 because I've been with the same barber for a couple years now.  To be honest though, I'm a broke, college student and my cuts are simple, usually just a fade...

I haven't got a haircut from a professional barber in a while since I grew out my hair, I used to pay 20 + 5 tip

Damn looking at what some of y'all pay I need to start tipping :smh:, but I pay $18 for a cut and $8 for a line in between cuts.

Back
Top Bottom