How often do you see the Confederate Flag Up North?

I assume the south is still used to seeing it, and if you live waaaaaaay out in the sticks, I can see you seeing them too. I'm talking about northern metropolitan areas. NY, Philly, DMV, Minneapolis, Chicago, STL, etc..

I just started noticing them here in Cincinnati. Obviously not in the bricks but in the back of someone's pickup in the mall parking lot. Or a air freshner on their mirror. I think I even remember seeing one hanging on someone's porch flag pole.

I don't wanna be the one to judge but you kinda forcing my hand on this one.

Never seen them up north, and I've been as far as Maine, and as far as Wisconsin, Minnesota to the west. I don't travel south at all, just straight to Florida.

Last edited:
Maryland isn't really "North" like that, but out here I see them maybe a couple times a month TOPS. But that's cause I live in PG County, land of Black folks. Once you venture out I assume its just like the south.

Maryland isn't really "North" like that, but out here I see them maybe a couple times a month TOPS. But that's cause I live in PG County, land of Black folks. Once you venture out I assume its just like the south.

Never seen one in my life, would soak in gasoline and light it on fire if I did. 

Blows my mind that in some parts of the country you could see them on a regular basis.

Last edited:
By the way,

North = Union / Regular American flag

South = Confederacy / Confederate flag

So that might explain a lot.

anybody that rocks the flag in the north gotta be trolling, imo..

i don't agree with it, but i can understand why people in the south still fly it.

alot i remmber when i was in bootcamp some dude had that flag tattoed on his arm and the drill instructor ripped him a new one every time he saw him.

What do you consider Maryland then?

I know it says up North but I'll still answer.

About once a week, if that. I live in Dallas, TX

In some of the country Texas towns though, they're everywhere. Literally

Last edited:
Not that often in my city but you will come across a few here and there the further you travel outside of the urban and past the cookie cutter suburban area's.I find that the majority of the people who have them have no or very little connection to the south,their like three to four generations removed from the south so their basically making a statement by hanging or being in possession of such a symbol.

Racist/prejudice ways now in the North,espacially in the major area's isn't so overt,it's still exist but in a much more hush-hush,my actions speak for themselves kind of way.They don't wear hoods,wave confederate flag around and come right out tell how they feel but rather they will avoid you or do something that will speak for itself.

A lot of wannabe rednecks at my school have them on their belt buckles, trucks, jeeps, FB banners, ect.

These are the same kids that wear boots, cutoffs, and nascar hats one day, and then wears jordans, elite socks, ball shorts, and snapbacks another. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom