How old were you when you stopped taking Money from your parents?

Originally Posted by stuntastic020

This thread is sad...I was like 15 which is still old. I started givin my mom money to help out and I soon as I get a job at 17 I was paying half of rent an all my bills and school. Unless your parents are rich how can you honestly feel right takin money from your moms over like age 18 at the latest??

my parents aren't rich but we're def. far from poor/broke...i don't ask for money...but if my dad offers i'm def. taking it...and i have 2jobs...

That depends on what you mean? Does this count paying for school? If not Ive stopped at 17 and if so I stopped at 18

stuntastic020 wrote:
This thread is sad...I was like 15 which is still old. I started givin my mom money to help out and I soon as I get a job at 17 I was paying half of rent an all my bills and school. Unless your parents are rich how can you honestly feel right takin money from your moms over like age 18 at the latest??
Either you must have been raised in a famil yand financial situation that can only be described Dickensian, you consider 15 old? You think it isnormal and right that teenagers should have to work to pay the rent. Either your mother must have suffered some terrible misfortune and could not work or mustnot have been able to make enough to pay the rent. It must have either been that or she was able to pay the rent and she was being greedy, because 17 year oldsshould be focused on school and not having to support the household. Either way I feel sorry for you and your any siblings you may have and I wish you thebest. Based on what you also said I take it you are going to school if so that is admirable, to go to school and to improve your long term situation witheducation in the face so much adversity. I am very impressed by your efforts and sacrifices that either extreme misfortune or an unsupportive mother has thrustupon you.

18....20 Now. Parents do pay for car insurance though and college, as long as I keep a 3.0 they pay for school.

I do pay for gas, phone, phone bill. clothes, whatever else I want and most necessities.

shortydoowopp wrote:
SickWitIt wrote:
I'm 18 and never had a job.

i never understood how someone has never had a job...even if your parents have money...unless you're a superstar athlete makes no sense to me...
If parents have the money, they usually would rather that you make being a college student your job and your focus. In order to get very goodgrades it takes most people 40 to 70 hours per week to do very well and then it takes even more hours in graduate school. In long run it is worth it becausetop notch business or law degree means that you will make far, far more in your lifetime compared to the average worker. People who do well tend to think inthe long term it is helpful when parents encourage that support that strategy with actual support instead of just words.

To me it makes no sense making your kid work just for its own sake and costing him valuable GPA points which will cost him tens of hundreds of thousand dollarsover a life time. I would only make my kids work if they were not focused on school because then they are not taking advantage of my providing for them.

Got a job at a sneaker store when I was 16. That was almost 10 years ago. That helped me thru HS and College and i took out loans for school Now that Ivefinished college and got a job in my career field. I've been giving money if anything.

Originally Posted by iLL W1LLiam

My mom gives me money sometimes when I don't even need it, she's just like "have a good time."

my parents do the same thing.

not that i stopped taking it, but my mom stopped giving it after HS.
I had my own money after that and would try to give her money, but should wouldn't take it unless it was Mother's Day or something like that

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

I've been giving my parents money since I was 14. They don't have any money to take.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
+1, Age 15 for me. But much respect to those who work hard and take care of their parents.

don't sweat it man i'm 22 and unemployed during a recession. it's either take money from moms duke and pops or hustle till I get a job. Im really not tryina go the 2nd route unless it was my absolutely last resort, cuz I'm not tryina go to the bing. But I rather do that then be homeless
You Sir, have one bright future.

Since I was 16 I havent received a cent from my mom.

No gifts or any of that either, later this year ill be 23.

My parents still help me out. I don't need it though, she'll just put it in my account if I don't take it from her.

Got it up to the day I graduated college. After graduation, haven't seen a single cent. It's better this way.

I hate it...but Im 19 in college still living off my parents.

Can't find a job, but for all you talking %*@@ like 'you still taking money from your parents'...*!*$ you

Back
Top Bottom