How old were you when you stopped taking Money from your parents?

20. when i started working during the school year. I had summer jobs, but I would always start running short around March.

my parents are there to help me out like insurnace or phone bill if, when i was unemployed but now that i got a job, ill help them out with bills n stuff.

what kind of jobs do you all have where you can get by on your own?
Get by is def. the word (not too much in my case) but I pay part of the rent and have my bills to pay. Car, internet, cell phone, food, etc
Along with going out and treating the gf it adds up.

Im still able to maintain well and save a good amount of money every month, they key is to have a plan and know your bills/expenses.

Working 45-55 hours a week keeps me busy, the more you make the more you spend is true but theres a limit to everything.

As much as I dont like taking money from my parents I dont see anything wrong with letting them slide you a few dollars. If theyre willing to help you then letthem help. If it bothers you that much then just pay them back when you have the money

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

what kind of jobs do you all have where you can get by on your own?

I work part-time at 911, pays enough to get everything I need and want I see nothing wrong with your parents helping you out if your working toward a goal, butif your just sitting on your $%+ at home
smh.gif

I don't feel right taking money from my parents, since my mom quit her job to go back to school full time my dad is the only one working and I don'twanna put a strain on them, but if I really need it my fam is there, but I never need anything

Closed mouths dont get fed, parents never gave out money like that but when they do. I take advantage, even if its $5 for some gas to get back to my apt.

Im 23 now and Im still taking money from my pops, but its not like you might think it is.

My parents split up when I was a kid and I lived with my moms most of the time. My father is pretty much rich, while my moms is not. Up to last week I wasstill a full time college student, so I was getting maintenance "child support" money from my pops. Im starting my second degree in the fall, so Ihope I will still get that, cuz after I graduated that financial aid money stopped coming already
laugh.gif
grin.gif

I started my own business like 2 months ago, but it doesnt give me the income just yet, so I need that check from my pops to get by
laugh.gif
He just cant get to know that though, cuz he will probably just cut it then. Itis how it is between us.

I stopped taking money from my moms about when I was still in HS, since then I mostly just lend her the money she needs it. Sometimes she pays me back andsometimes she doesnt.

probably 15. ....i can't even remember. My mom always tries to pay me back when i buy her food randomly, but i never accept it. Shes retired, she needs it

Originally Posted by MrMoneyInDaBank

Stopped? Why would I stop. I'm 23 and if my parents wanna hand over the cash flow I will gladly accept.
Damn right
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

at home for the summer
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

My parents have never really given me money, apart from paying when were out to dinner or clothing and that kind of thing. I never had money in hand, buttheyve certainly financed some stuff.

Im 17 now, and dont get any money from them, but once I turn 18 theyll help me with buying a car, so Im real thankful for that, and its possible theyll helpwith college too

Back
Top Bottom