How organized is your iPod?

6,961
375
Joined Jul 20, 2007
I'm still using my 80gig and it's so unorganized, what's the best way to go about organizing it? I was thinking of deleting everything and only moving artists and items I would actually jam.
 
778
12
Joined Apr 15, 2009
since i download so many singles, i just make playlists and only play music using them. if i want to play a certain artists album, i just make a playlist of their album.

camron - come home with me
diplomats - diplomatic immunity
hell rell - for the hell of it
juelz santana - from me to you
october - random


etc
 
13,608
1,616
Joined Sep 17, 2008
Mine is very organized. I make sure every song is apart of some album/mixtape with cover art and track number as well so the songs play in order when shuffle is turned off. Kinda OD with it but I've kept my library in tact since my first iPod back in 05, no need to get unorganized now that I have all my music on my iPhone.
 
1,892
10
Joined Mar 2, 2008
VERY unorganized.

I was going through it yesterday and I have like 10 "Kanye West feat. ____" on there. I have other artist like that as well, it's annoying as hell.

I'm gonna clean it up whenever I get a new CPU...
 
674
37
Joined Apr 19, 2006
very organized. every album is under its own playlist.

but i just dont know how to add album covers to the ones that are missing
.
 
1,190
10
Joined Oct 18, 2008
Mines is so organized im on some super OD +%!

I have only ARTIST names under Artist Names (No Ft. /Feat/ Featuring)
it would be Ex: Throw It in the Bag (Ft. the Dream) - Fabolous - Loso's Way

I have every album/ mixtape name
I have all album artwork (if theres no artwork for some ill get some sort of pic)
I download them from Itunes ^
I 5 star every song in my catalog because Its my Itunes


I go HARD (Pause)
 
319
10
Joined Mar 16, 2007
Originally Posted by datprepboivinc3

Mines is so organized im on some super OD +%!

I have only ARTIST names under Artist Names (No Ft. /Feat/ Featuring)
it would be Ex: Throw It in the Bag (Ft. the Dream) - Fabolous - Loso's Way

I have every album/ mixtape name
I have all album artwork (if theres no artwork for some ill get some sort of pic)
I download them from Itunes ^
I 5 star every song in my catalog because Its my Itunes


I go HARD (Pause)
Holy !@+$...i thought i was the only one....thats EXACTLY how my itunes/iphone is set up...
 
18,299
1,006
Joined Apr 1, 2009
I just finished getting all of my albums set up nice. Now gotta work on videos all I have are Gundam episodes but they're all mixed together
 
26,498
24,144
Joined Apr 26, 2008
Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Mine is very organized. I make sure every song is apart of some album/mixtape with cover art and track number as well so the songs play in order when shuffle is turned off. Kinda OD with it but I've kept my library in tact since my first iPod back in 05, no need to get unorganized now that I have all my music on my iPhone.
Basically..
 
4,012
51
Joined Dec 19, 2006
Mine is very organized. All album artwork, even for mixtapes, and single songs. One night when I had nothing to do I just sat down, opened my iTunes, put it on shuffle, and started to put in work
, using my 120gb has been so much better now that it is organized.

I suggest making playlists, and organized those if you have so much music, but you don't listen to it all. I have a "class" playlist, so I don't search through 4000 songs, I shuffle on about 200 songs.
 
1,447
10
Joined May 29, 2006
Originally Posted by datprepboivinc3

Mines is so organized im on some super OD +%!

I have only ARTIST names under Artist Names (No Ft. /Feat/ Featuring)
it would be Ex: Throw It in the Bag (Ft. the Dream) - Fabolous - Loso's Way

I have every album/ mixtape name
I have all album artwork (if theres no artwork for some ill get some sort of pic)
I download them from Itunes ^
I 5 star every song in my catalog because Its my Itunes


I go HARD (Pause)
Haha I'm exactly like this, except I don't rate my songs.  I'm obsessed with keeping it organized.  I'd never find anything in a 120gb ipod if it wasn't kept that way.
 
18,616
1,142
Joined Sep 28, 2005
The new stuff is organized but the $$@+ I've had since HS is a mess. Way to much to go back and fix it.
 

Los Angeles

formerly bright nikes
22,225
3,286
Joined Apr 11, 2004
I hate when I download a huge album with different artists and my whole iPod gets so unorganized.

I end up deleting all the #**% i d/l cause it bugs me too much
 
2,682
50
Joined Jun 3, 2009
everything is thrown in there. just wounds up getting shuffled up, anyway. never really care to listen to particular albums because i get bored after a while. only thing that really irks me is when there's a different entry for the same damn artist, just because it's off by one letter/add'l usage of a period.... like damn it iPod why can't you just assume Lady Gaga & Lady GaGa are the SAME %*%%!@$ PERSON & quit wasting my time!!
 
1,928
282
Joined Dec 16, 2004
Really organized, have all features with just the og artist and the (feat.). Working on album art. Even albums where songs are more then one genre i seperate. And have every single genre in its own smart playlist and set the smart playlist to update by genre. Any songs i rip or download i edit them as soon as i download or rip. Thank goodness for smart playlist they are a life saver.
 
14,281
2,811
Joined Aug 20, 2003
Originally Posted by FL0ETiCNOSTALGiA

Originally Posted by datprepboivinc3

Mines is so organized im on some super OD +%!



I have only ARTIST names under Artist Names (No Ft. /Feat/ Featuring)

it would be Ex: Throw It in the Bag (Ft. the Dream) - Fabolous - Loso's Way



I have every album/ mixtape name

I have all album artwork (if theres no artwork for some ill get some sort of pic)

I download them from Itunes ^

I 5 star every song in my catalog because Its my Itunes




I go HARD (Pause)
Haha I'm exactly like this, except I don't rate my songs.  I'm obsessed with keeping it organized.  I'd never find anything in a 120gb ipod if it wasn't kept that way.


same here. only I just rate my absolute favorites though. Its nice to just click sort by rating and all ya favorite joints pop up... My hard drive crashed a while back tho and I lost a lot. Now i'm rebuilding and it sucks because I kno I already put in the work. I have just over 80 gigs. for those of you that don't already, BACK UP YOUR iTunes Library... i almost lost a lot and had to pay like $700 to get all my family photos and iTunes back
 
14,130
282
Joined Sep 23, 2004
Originally Posted by datprepboivinc3

Mines is so organized im on some super OD +%!

I have only ARTIST names under Artist Names (No Ft. /Feat/ Featuring)
it would be Ex: Throw It in the Bag (Ft. the Dream) - Fabolous - Loso's Way

I have every album/ mixtape name
I have all album artwork (if theres no artwork for some ill get some sort of pic)
I download them from Itunes ^
I 5 star every song in my catalog because Its my Itunes


I go HARD (Pause)
This.... Minus this.  That's reaching, if there's a song with LITERALLY no album/mixtape or anything attached to it I leave it as is. 

For example this loose Joe Budden track just came out last night entitled 'Unthinkable' .  That song doesn't appear on any album, any mixtape or anything of that nature.  Why add a picture or something?
  That's just my reasoning though.
 
14,281
2,811
Joined Aug 20, 2003
Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by datprepboivinc3

Mines is so organized im on some super OD +%!



I have only ARTIST names under Artist Names (No Ft. /Feat/ Featuring)

it would be Ex: Throw It in the Bag (Ft. the Dream) - Fabolous - Loso's Way



I have every album/ mixtape name

I have all album artwork (if theres no artwork for some ill get some sort of pic)

I download them from Itunes ^

I 5 star every song in my catalog because Its my Itunes




I go HARD (Pause)
This.... Minus this.  That's reaching, if there's a song with LITERALLY no album/mixtape or anything attached to it I leave it as is. 

For example this loose Joe Budden track just came out last night entitled 'Unthinkable' .  That song doesn't appear on any album, any mixtape or anything of that nature.  Why add a picture or something?
  That's just my reasoning though.

lol its funny you say that because I actually have that song as well as other misc. freestyles and I save them all to one "album" called Misc. freestyles with the album artwork of a microphone. I do the same for A Capella and instrumentals. when you browse the artist you can scroll to misc. freestyles and there they are usually with the song title like "unthinkable freestyle" (March 2010)... that's only if they don't appear on another mixtape... seems od now that i've typed it out haha but i like organizing it so everything is straight u kno. can't wait to get a new iPod Touch that has a bigger capacity this summer so i can fit all my library on it.
 
918
10
Joined Jun 17, 2004
Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by datprepboivinc3

Mines is so organized im on some super OD +%!



I have only ARTIST names under Artist Names (No Ft. /Feat/ Featuring)

it would be Ex: Throw It in the Bag (Ft. the Dream) - Fabolous - Loso's Way



I have every album/ mixtape name

I have all album artwork (if theres no artwork for some ill get some sort of pic)

I download them from Itunes ^

I 5 star every song in my catalog because Its my Itunes




I go HARD (Pause)
This.... Minus this.  That's reaching, if there's a song with LITERALLY no album/mixtape or anything attached to it I leave it as is. 

For example this loose Joe Budden track just came out last night entitled 'Unthinkable' .  That song doesn't appear on any album, any mixtape or anything of that nature.  Why add a picture or something?
  That's just my reasoning though.

I see what you mean, when I download an unreleased track or I don't want it attached to an album, etc. I take a picture of the artist and use it, unless the song is an official single and then I just use that cover art.


Back to the topic, my iPod is organized to the T, I don't even put featured artists on the track name. For mixtapes I keep the 'Artist feat.' because I group them as compilations so every 'Artist feat.' doesn't show up when I'm browsing through any lists.
 
30,902
5,632
Joined Aug 2, 2008
I organized it from the jump...


Song Title (feature if there is one) | Artist | Album | Track # |  Year | Cover


That's it

Some mistakes here and there but I'd say 9 out of 10
 
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now