How organized is your iPod?

It's damn near perfect.  I've got about 17,000 songs and have spent hours upon hours organizing my iTunes.  The format I go by is:

Artist - Song Title (featuring Artist) - Album - Track Number - Year - Genre - Rating

Album art is included for each song.  I will not allow a song into my iTunes until it follows this format.  And if I were to notice a typo or formatting while listening to my iPod at work, fixing it will be the first thing I do when I get home.  I've got about 40 different smart playlists that are typically dependent on my Ratings, Genre, Year, or some combination of those factors.  I also use the Comments and Grouping fields to weed out duplicates.  Yea, I got issues...

SUPER NEAT FREAK WHEN IT COMES TO MY MUSIC

6700 songs so far so I have to keep iTunes very organized by album. When I DL a single from an upcoming album I'll delete it once I actually but the CD and sync it into all the spots in the playlists it was in before, for random singles/freestyles I'll make albums like I have "All Yeezy" 52 songs "All Hova" 47 songs "All Lupe' 37 songs "All Weezy" 52 songs "Drizzy/Drake" 25 songs and "Songz 'YEEUP!'" WITH 55 of his freestyles/covers

I have everything under the right album, cover art-for mixtapes even, I alternate, like track 1 is the front cover of the mixtape, track 2 is the back cover etc., I have like 30 different playlists, "Christmas songs for mom" that my mom can play in the house in december, I have "classic/motown" playlist with all of the (temptations, stylistics, marvin gaye, al greene etc) 60s 70s 80s old school stuff, A playlists where I put songs right after the OG sampled song, a playlist "Baby Makin Music" for that time and place lol...

I download clean versions of just about every dope track that I feel need to be in my BBQ playlist so that I can play it outside in the summer and not have my fam be upset at the cookouts etc lol

Everytime I DL a track from Youheardthatnew.com (which has me checkin everyday like an addict smh) I save the pic they post with it 
laugh.gif

the other day my boy was scrolling through and was like "You have too many albums"

Mine is OD organized...pretty much like myself.

Some of you guys are going HAM with your organization though. I'm surpsied there are so many A type personality people like myself on here.

All my tracks have artist name only under artist, song name includes any artists featured on the song, etc. I wish these music industry cats would get someone on their team that can probably tag their tracks. That is one of my biggest pet peeves!

I need to step my artwork game up. I will go nuts on it for a while, then not do it again for another 6 months. I guess with 20,000 songs though this is a pretty tedious process.

it just took me 4 days to organize my library ... but now i have over 80 gigs of pure beauty ...

This might be slightly off topic, but I see a lot of you talking about backing up your music. I have a lot of mine backed up, but not all. What's the best way to back everything up? External HD or one of those sites that you can load everything on to? I read some "Things Not To Buy in 2010" a few months back and it was talking about external HD's becoming an instinct technology due to their web competition.

Thoughts? Opinions? Recommendations on external HD's or sites to back everything up on?

5 years 4pcs and 4 iPods later I no longer organize.

I almost cried when I had it perfect just for my pc to die and while converting everything lost it's order & neatness.

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by datprepboivinc3

Mines is so organized im on some super OD +%!

I have only ARTIST names under Artist Names (No Ft. /Feat/ Featuring)

it would be Ex: Throw It in the Bag (Ft. the Dream) - Fabolous - Loso's Way

I have every album/ mixtape name

I have all album artwork (if theres no artwork for some ill get some sort of pic)

I download them from Itunes ^

I 5 star every song in my catalog because Its my Itunes
laugh.gif

I go HARD (Pause)
pimp.gif

This.... Minus this.  That's reaching, if there's a song with LITERALLY no album/mixtape or anything attached to it I leave it as is. 

For example this loose Joe Budden track just came out last night entitled 'Unthinkable' .  That song doesn't appear on any album, any mixtape or anything of that nature.  Why add a picture or something?
laugh.gif
  That's just my reasoning though.

lol its funny you say that because I actually have that song as well as other misc. freestyles and I save them all to one "album" called Misc. freestyles with the album artwork of a microphone. I do the same for A Capella and instrumentals. when you browse the artist you can scroll to misc. freestyles and there they are usually with the song title like "unthinkable freestyle" (March 2010)... that's only if they don't appear on another mixtape... seems od now that i've typed it out haha but i like organizing it so everything is straight u kno. can't wait to get a new iPod Touch that has a bigger capacity this summer so i can fit all my library on it.
Can you post your Microphone image?

I do the same with my iTunes.

Example:
Name (no featuring stuff)
Artist (Artist Name with featuring)
Album Artist (Artist Name with no featuring)
Album
Genre

Album Artwork is intact also..

pimp.gif

StaXX wrote:
Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Mine is very organized. I make sure every song is apart of some album/mixtape with cover art and track number as well so the songs play in order when shuffle is turned off. Kinda OD with it but I've kept my library in tact since my first iPod back in 05, no need to get unorganized now that I have all my music on my iPhone.

Basically..

Yeah, I'm OCD about this.

its fairly organized. basically need to change a few things to make it love nicer.

I def have a album artwork for every track (even singles) if I cant find the mixtape artwork, I head straight to google images
laugh.gif

but I think I am gonna have to change some things about my itunes real quick hahah brb!!

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

I have all album artwork (if theres no artwork for some ill get some sort of pic)
laugh.gif

I go HARD (Pause)
pimp.gif

This.... Minus this.  That's reaching, if there's a song with LITERALLY no album/mixtape or anything attached to it I leave it as is. 

For example this loose Joe Budden track just came out last night entitled 'Unthinkable' .  That song doesn't appear on any album, any mixtape or anything of that nature.  Why add a picture or something?
laugh.gif
  That's just my reasoning though.

LOL glad to see I'm not the only one who OD's on the organization of their iTunes library!

Aside from the rating, everything in my catalog is organized as well. I went back and added album names and covers to the singles that didn't have 'em. Not done with EVERYYYY track (100+ GB's) yet, but I'm almost there. It's very time consuming.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

I hate when I download a huge album with different artists and my whole iPod gets so unorganized.

I end up deleting all the #**% i d/l cause it bugs me too much

QFT then when I go to Cover Flow there's like 25 of the same album cover for every song
smh.gif

when there is a lot of features edit and select all on the whole cd, and put it under the nme of the main artist in the "album artist" slot for organizing, the cover flow will all be one now

sooo organized.

Must have artwork

ONLY have full CD's

no loose singles/leaked tracks, etc.

Must be artist name ONLY! (for Last.fm purposes)

laugh.gif

I go HARD (Pause)
pimp.gif
All of this except the bolded
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

sooo organized.

Must have artwork

ONLY have full CD's

no loose singles/leaked tracks, etc.

ft. are in the name only

very organized but i think im going to have to buy a new one. Sound doesn't come out of the left earpiece anymore, tried multiple headsets too. Any suggestions?
frown.gif

jmause3 wrote:
very organized but i think im going to have to buy a new one. Sound doesn't come out of the left earpiece anymore, tried multiple headsets too. Any suggestions?
frown.gif

Same thing happen to me..I had to adjust the headset..I did not put it in completely..I got sound out of both earpiece but it was annoying..

laugh.gif

I go HARD (Pause)
pimp.gif
except for 5 starring every song and putting a random pic for the album cover

Extremely organized. Every time i add a song i make sure to correct all the info.

Very organized.

-Every Artist name (artist only)
-Features next to the song title
-Every album/mixtape cover + random picture if its unreleased / random

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom