How organized is your iPod?

Mine is on some OCD type neatness.
Every single song that goes into my ipod is completely renamed; i edit the "get info" tab to make sure everything is proper
I get pissed when i go through my artist and have two separate categories for them ie: Camron and Cam'ron.

I hate using other peoples ipods cuz i know they wont be as organized as mine.

i know it might be a dumb question but i want to organize my itunes and wanted to know is it perfectly okay to google the album cover then use it ?

Very organized
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by datprepboivinc3

Mines is so organized im on some super OD +%!

I have only ARTIST names under Artist Names (No Ft. /Feat/ Featuring)

it would be Ex: Throw It in the Bag (Ft. the Dream) - Fabolous - Loso's Way

I have every album/ mixtape name

I have all album artwork (if theres no artwork for some ill get some sort of pic)

I download them from Itunes ^

I 5 star every song in my catalog because Its my Itunes
laugh.gif

I go HARD (Pause)
pimp.gif

This.... Minus this.  That's reaching, if there's a song with LITERALLY no album/mixtape or anything attached to it I leave it as is. 

For example this loose Joe Budden track just came out last night entitled 'Unthinkable' .  That song doesn't appear on any album, any mixtape or anything of that nature.  Why add a picture or something?
laugh.gif
  That's just my reasoning though.

lol its funny you say that because I actually have that song as well as other misc. freestyles and I save them all to one "album" called Misc. freestyles with the album artwork of a microphone. I do the same for A Capella and instrumentals. when you browse the artist you can scroll to misc. freestyles and there they are usually with the song title like "unthinkable freestyle" (March 2010)... that's only if they don't appear on another mixtape... seems od now that i've typed it out haha but i like organizing it so everything is straight u kno. can't wait to get a new iPod Touch that has a bigger capacity this summer so i can fit all my library on it.
Can you post your Microphone image?

I do the same with my iTunes.

Example:
Name (no featuring stuff)
Artist (Artist Name with featuring)
Album Artist (Artist Name with no featuring)
Album
Genre

Album Artwork is intact also..

pimp.gif

wsuv7l.jpg

here you go... may not be exactly what comes to mind when you imagine freestyle but I liked the artistic aspect of it. I have something similar for interviews as well

I have all album artwork (if theres no artwork for some ill get some sort of pic)
laugh.gif

I go HARD (Pause)
pimp.gif
My iTunes is exactly the same way. I try to get the album cover or single from iTunes, if they have one. I also make sure there is nothing on the comments and lyrics of the songs.

anyone try this? havent been able to organize my stuff as of late and kinda getting lazy about it.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by TheHavik

Mine is on some OCD type neatness.
Every single song that goes into my ipod is completely renamed; i edit the "get info" tab to make sure everything is proper
I get pissed when i go through my artist and have two separate categories for them ie: Camron and Cam'ron.

I hate using other peoples ipods cuz i know they wont be as organized as mine.

laugh.gif

I go HARD (Pause)
pimp.gif
I do that, and try to get most of the album artwork. If I don't put up the artwork as soon as I add the song I won't for a while unless I just highlight my whole library and try to let itunes find it. 
I think rating every song by stars is way to much work for the amount of songs in my library, not saying its huge (pause) but I'm not gonna go through and rate every damn song 

Mine is extra organized by mixtape/album name. I do need to work on getting the artists organized better and removing the feature from it. And for just random scattered songs, for album I put them under Misc. Rap or Misc R&B, since I go thru my iPod by album.

Barely...section for hip-hop (which is rap, r&b, and top 40), reggae, stack bundles and jeezy, edm, club classics, and DJ tools. Its not hard to scroll through my songs though cause I know them. I have about 10,000 songs on my iPod

i pretty much guarantee that I have the nicest, most organized large size collection itunes library on NT.

As a suggestion to my fellow iTunes organizers, make sure you've got itunes set to change the information of the actual music file also so if your comp crashes or something, all of the files will be saved just as they are in itunes.

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

As a suggestion to my fellow iTunes organizers, make sure you've got itunes set to change the information of the actual music file also so if your comp crashes or something, all of the files will be saved just as they are in itunes.

I will have to do this, my PC broke so many times and when I get it running again I have to put in all the info on the songs, albums etc.
Other than that I don't put "Feat. ___" and got playlists on every genre I have 

i guess mine is organized

metal sub genres are a %@%*!$#!#%@%$ %!+*+ though so i have no genres whatsoever, whether it be rap, classic rock, country or industrial melodic blackened death metal.

StaXX wrote:
Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Mine is very organized. I make sure every song is apart of some album/mixtape with cover art and track number as well so the songs play in order when shuffle is turned off. Kinda OD with it but I've kept my library in tact since my first iPod back in 05, no need to get unorganized now that I have all my music on my iPhone.

Basically..

QFT

question...im starting to organize my itunes.

im starting to buy the songs off itunes instead of just limewire, because limewire makes them awful.

so...i have a lot of cds and i just wanted to know if i download my cd onto itunes will it get all of its info and well organize it i guess?? i dont want to buy the CD over itunes because sometimes i like to hear the CD since the sound is way better than on an ipod.

How do you manually insert a picture to show up as the album artwork? On some albums it says cant find album artwork when I click on it so I wanna do it manually and I can't figure it out

Back
Top Bottom