How organized is your iPod?

organized.. i create my own genre. lol when there is like a remix of fab.. i just select them all and create a genre or album for them like "fab remixes" lol

Originally Posted by reener

i know it might be a dumb question but i want to organize my itunes and wanted to know is it perfectly okay to google the album cover then use it ?
BUMP
frown.gif

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

Originally Posted by gHeTtOnOyPi

Originally Posted by omgitswes

As a suggestion to my fellow iTunes organizers, make sure you've got itunes set to change the information of the actual music file also so if your comp crashes or something, all of the files will be saved just as they are in itunes.

how do i do this? i'd hate to have to go back and redo everything

edit->preferences->advanced-> check the box that says "keep itunes media folder organized." When backing up files, use these mp4 files in the itunes media folder.

that's been checked for me but there's nothing in the media folder...do i have to check copy files too?
if so then i dont want that it'll take up too much HD space unless it can override the OG file.

Originally Posted by Topclassbubblah

Originally Posted by datprepboivinc3

Mines is so organized im on some super OD +%!

I have only ARTIST names under Artist Names (No Ft. /Feat/ Featuring)
it would be Ex: Throw It in the Bag (Ft. the Dream) - Fabolous - Loso's Way

I have every album/ mixtape name
I have all album artwork (if theres no artwork for some ill get some sort of pic)
I download them from Itunes ^
I 5 star every song in my catalog because Its my Itunes
laugh.gif

I go HARD (Pause)
pimp.gif
Holy !@+$...i thought i was the only one....thats EXACTLY how my itunes/iphone is set up...
laugh.gif
THIS.

Originally Posted by BIG SIPPIN SPENDIN CHEESE

how do yall organize your rap music?

i think theres some many different kinds of rappers that i classify ALL rap as " Hip-Hop / Rap "

i have friends who have genres such as : dirty south,east coast rap, old school etc.

one guy has a genre called " h-town rap"

which is houston, but i couldnt imagine havin that genre cuz you would have to put in artists like: street millitary,paul wall,scarface,devin the dude who all sound different

thats why all put all rap in the same genre

the only time i'll change the genre is if its screwed.

then i'll label it "screwed and chopped"  no matter who the artist is

I don't trip too much on the genre beacuse when I make music, I tag it as 713, but dudes like Dom using zip codes from what I hear.
roll.gif

It's all music to me, only genre I do have to differentiate are Instrumental. Self explanatory though.

i know it might be a dumb question but i want to organize my itunes and wanted to know is it perfectly okay to google the album cover then use it ?
BUMP
frown.gif
yes just save the pic open itunes select/highlight the entire album right click "Get Info" drag and drop the pic into the little album artwork square

Originally Posted by gHeTtOnOyPi

As a suggestion to my fellow iTunes organizers, make sure you've got itunes set to change the information of the actual music file also so if your comp crashes or something, all of the files will be saved just as they are in itunes.

how do i do this? i'd hate to have to go back and redo everything

edit->preferences->advanced-> check the box that says "keep itunes media folder organized." When backing up files, use these mp4 files in the itunes media folder.

that's been checked for me but there's nothing in the media folder...do i have to check copy files too?
if so then i dont want that it'll take up too much HD space unless it can override the OG file.

if there isnt anything in the media folder, it's probably because you imported the files to itunes from files that were already on your computer, if that's the case, they will stay in their original location. Id suggest moving the files to itunes-> itunes media-> music, and re-upping everything.

Question.

ok im trying to organize my music.

well im downloading the music i have from CDs to my itunes.

the problem is, anytime i sync it to my ipod the artist keep showing as...ex. T.I ft Rihanna, T.I ft justin and so on.... is there anyway i can just have my music under one artist and not keep telling me "featuring"

^
In Itunes highlight all the songs from the album. Right click, Get Info, then change the artist and album artist to just the name you want.

sick.gif
Originally Posted by Topclassbubblah

Originally Posted by datprepboivinc3

Mines is so organized im on some super OD +%!

I have only ARTIST names under Artist Names (No Ft. /Feat/ Featuring)

it would be Ex: Throw It in the Bag (Ft. the Dream) - Fabolous - Loso's Way

I have every album/ mixtape name

I have all album artwork (if theres no artwork for some ill get some sort of pic)

I download them from Itunes ^

I 5 star every song in my catalog because Its my Itunes
laugh.gif

I go HARD (Pause)
pimp.gif
Holy !@+$...i thought i was the only one....thats EXACTLY how my itunes/iphone is set up...
laugh.gif

this. down to the last detail. i cannot stand unorganized ipods looking like

kanye west
kanye west feat. Jay-Z
kanye west ft. mos def
kanye west feat mos def & freeway
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom