How organized is your iPod?

I'm still using my 80gig and it's so unorganized, what's the best way to go about organizing it? I was thinking of deleting everything and only moving artists and items I would actually jam.

since i download so many singles, i just make playlists and only play music using them. if i want to play a certain artists album, i just make a playlist of their album.

camron - come home with me
diplomats - diplomatic immunity
hell rell - for the hell of it
juelz santana - from me to you
october - random

etc

Mine is very organized. I make sure every song is apart of some album/mixtape with cover art and track number as well so the songs play in order when shuffle is turned off. Kinda OD with it but I've kept my library in tact since my first iPod back in 05, no need to get unorganized now that I have all my music on my iPhone.

VERY unorganized.

I was going through it yesterday and I have like 10 "Kanye West feat. ____" on there. I have other artist like that as well, it's annoying as hell.

I'm gonna clean it up whenever I get a new CPU...

not that organized
smh.gif

very organized. every album is under its own playlist.

but i just dont know how to add album covers to the ones that are missing
frown.gif

Mines is so organized im on some super OD +%!

I have only ARTIST names under Artist Names (No Ft. /Feat/ Featuring)
it would be Ex: Throw It in the Bag (Ft. the Dream) - Fabolous - Loso's Way

I have every album/ mixtape name
I have all album artwork (if theres no artwork for some ill get some sort of pic)
I download them from Itunes ^
I 5 star every song in my catalog because Its my Itunes
laugh.gif

I go HARD (Pause)
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by datprepboivinc3

I have all album artwork (if theres no artwork for some ill get some sort of pic)
laugh.gif

I go HARD (Pause)
pimp.gif
Holy !@+$...i thought i was the only one....thats EXACTLY how my itunes/iphone is set up...
laugh.gif

I just finished getting all of my albums set up nice. Now gotta work on videos all I have are Gundam episodes but they're all mixed together

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Mine is very organized. I make sure every song is apart of some album/mixtape with cover art and track number as well so the songs play in order when shuffle is turned off. Kinda OD with it but I've kept my library in tact since my first iPod back in 05, no need to get unorganized now that I have all my music on my iPhone.

Basically..

Mine is very organized. All album artwork, even for mixtapes, and single songs. One night when I had nothing to do I just sat down, opened my iTunes, put it on shuffle, and started to put in work
pimp.gif
, using my 120gb has been so much better now that it is organized.

I suggest making playlists, and organized those if you have so much music, but you don't listen to it all. I have a "class" playlist, so I don't search through 4000 songs, I shuffle on about 200 songs.

laugh.gif

I go HARD (Pause)
pimp.gif
Haha I'm exactly like this, except I don't rate my songs.  I'm obsessed with keeping it organized.  I'd never find anything in a 120gb ipod if it wasn't kept that way.

The new stuff is organized but the $$@+ I've had since HS is a mess. Way to much to go back and fix it.

I hate when I download a huge album with different artists and my whole iPod gets so unorganized.

I end up deleting all the #**% i d/l cause it bugs me too much

everything is thrown in there. just wounds up getting shuffled up, anyway. never really care to listen to particular albums because i get bored after a while. only thing that really irks me is when there's a different entry for the same damn artist, just because it's off by one letter/add'l usage of a period.... like damn it iPod why can't you just assume Lady Gaga & Lady GaGa are the SAME %*%%!@$ PERSON & quit wasting my time!!
mad.gif

Really organized, have all features with just the og artist and the (feat.). Working on album art. Even albums where songs are more then one genre i seperate. And have every single genre in its own smart playlist and set the smart playlist to update by genre. Any songs i rip or download i edit them as soon as i download or rip. Thank goodness for smart playlist they are a life saver.

Originally Posted by FL0ETiCNOSTALGiA

laugh.gif

I go HARD (Pause)
pimp.gif
Haha I'm exactly like this, except I don't rate my songs.  I'm obsessed with keeping it organized.  I'd never find anything in a 120gb ipod if it wasn't kept that way.

same here. only I just rate my absolute favorites though. Its nice to just click sort by rating and all ya favorite joints pop up... My hard drive crashed a while back tho and I lost a lot. Now i'm rebuilding and it sucks because I kno I already put in the work. I have just over 80 gigs. for those of you that don't already, BACK UP YOUR iTunes Library... i almost lost a lot and had to pay like $700 to get all my family photos and iTunes back

laugh.gif

I go HARD (Pause)
pimp.gif

This.... Minus this.  That's reaching, if there's a song with LITERALLY no album/mixtape or anything attached to it I leave it as is. 

For example this loose Joe Budden track just came out last night entitled 'Unthinkable' .  That song doesn't appear on any album, any mixtape or anything of that nature.  Why add a picture or something?
laugh.gif
  That's just my reasoning though.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

laugh.gif

I go HARD (Pause)
pimp.gif

This.... Minus this.  That's reaching, if there's a song with LITERALLY no album/mixtape or anything attached to it I leave it as is. 

For example this loose Joe Budden track just came out last night entitled 'Unthinkable' .  That song doesn't appear on any album, any mixtape or anything of that nature.  Why add a picture or something?
laugh.gif

lol its funny you say that because I actually have that song as well as other misc. freestyles and I save them all to one "album" called Misc. freestyles with the album artwork of a microphone. I do the same for A Capella and instrumentals. when you browse the artist you can scroll to misc. freestyles and there they are usually with the song title like "unthinkable freestyle" (March 2010)... that's only if they don't appear on another mixtape... seems od now that i've typed it out haha but i like organizing it so everything is straight u kno. can't wait to get a new iPod Touch that has a bigger capacity this summer so i can fit all my library on it.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

laugh.gif

I go HARD (Pause)
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

I see what you mean, when I download an unreleased track or I don't want it attached to an album, etc. I take a picture of the artist and use it, unless the song is an official single and then I just use that cover art.

Back to the topic, my iPod is organized to the T, I don't even put featured artists on the track name. For mixtapes I keep the 'Artist feat.' because I group them as compilations so every 'Artist feat.' doesn't show up when I'm browsing through any lists.

I organized it from the jump...

Song Title (feature if there is one) | Artist | Album | Track # |  Year | Cover

That's it

Some mistakes here and there but I'd say 9 out of 10

Back
Top Bottom