how to become a pe teacher?

Just what the topic says. How do i become a pe teacher? what classes to take? what degree? any advice or recommendations?
happy.gif

Originally Posted by XCellzisCrack

physical education bachelor degree

i think you have to minor in another subject also
I seen that it says that, but no way in hell some of my teachers had one...them *!!%%+ had shortcuts
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by StreetSmarts

easiest job in the word living right above the poverty line ftw

laugh.gif

there is a reason many gym teachers do coaching for the school through out the year for different sports........

my p.e. teacher has a degree in science for somethin
but he played college ball apparently

My school asked every senior what we wanted to do as a career and every one said a dentist and lawer and stuff like that and we did a 20 minute presentation onhow we would do it and stuff and our estimated salary i told em p.e. teacher

My uncle's wife has been in school for about 9 years getting her damn degree in Phys. Ed.
Dude is beyond caked up though, so he doesn't give a damn that she has been in school forever and doesn't even have a job.

I think all you have to do to be a PE teacher is give up on your dreams and always think back to how if it weren't for your torn quad you could have beenhuge and living it up with supermodels.

oh and to be sure you put in your two week notice at Pizza Hut. It's common courtesy so they can find another delivery guy.

Serious answer:

A bachelors degree in Health/Phys Ed is the best way to go. It's a dual degree which will enable you to teach gym as well as health classes and substitutewhen you leave college.

The majority of my friends were H/PE majors in college and if your serious about it you had better truly love doing it. It's more schooling than you thinkit is for a job thats underpaid/easy.

Originally Posted by 91mph Style

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

I think all you have to do to be a PE teacher is give up on your dreams and always think back to how if it weren't for your torn quad you could have been huge and living it up with supermodels.

oh and to be sure you put in your two week notice at Pizza Hut. It's common courtesy so they can find another delivery guy.

Why would you give up the good job? Just because you got a job as PE teacher doesn't mean you don't need to eat.

laugh.gif

Just goes to show how ignorant some of you are. I know PE teachers making over 80k, some 100k. It all depends on the school district you're in.

My friend is in school for it, and he's loving it right now. Salary isn't as bad as some people might think it is. He was talking to our baseball coachin HS and he's making around 70k a year after being a teacher for about 8-9 years. He's obviously doing extra (pe HS teacher, baseball coach, dean, andI'm not sure if he does summer school or not) but still 70k isn't bad at all. I think my friend said the HS coaches get paid $42 an hour for afterschool(coaching games etc)

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

I think all you have to do to be a PE teacher is give up on your dreams and always think back to how if it weren't for your torn quad you could have been huge and living it up with supermodels.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

Serious answer:

A bachelors degree in Health/Phys Ed is the best way to go. It's a dual degree which will enable you to teach gym as well as health classes and substitute when you leave college.

The majority of my friends were H/PE majors in college and if your serious about it you had better truly love doing it. It's more schooling than you think it is for a job thats underpaid/easy.

This person knows what they are talking about. I am an elementary physical education teacher. BA in Physical Education, minor in health and my Masters inEducation. As far as pay, every district and every state are different. With my Masters degree and 8 ears experience i'm only making around 50K a year.It's not as easy as everyone makes it out to be. There are alot of science classes you need to take. For my BA degree, alot of pre-med students were alsoin my science classes. Good luck with your decision.

I am a Social Studies teacher, and the gym teachers in my school district make 80 g's ater ten years. I hate sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom