How to Change or Correct Your Account Name

Methodical Management

Staff member
Co-Founder
You may have noticed that the capitalization was lost in your account name after our migration, or perhaps you'd like to change your username to something else entirely.

We now have a feature that allows everyone to perform a one time name change for their account.

To do so, just go to the settings menu and select "Change Username."

Change-Username.gif

Please bear in mind, you can only do this once. Make certain you're satisfied with your changes before you submit.

Hi Meth,

I'm receiving an error message stating I can only apply capitalization changes, not a wholesale change of the name.

Understood. We're using a system that was custom developed, but it was initially deployed on a site that only allowed formatting changes (e.g. caps).

I was told the adjustment had been made to allow for username changes, but it seems that step has yet to be completed. Give us some time and we'll get it working.

For those who just want to fix capitalization, however, you can do so right away.

whether it be a capitalization change or an entire name change will we given the "formerly m4riol" treatment or is there an option to have that appear per our request and if not how long will "formerly m4riol" last?

Any update on the name change option being fixed?
We work with a small team that includes a lead and assistant developer. As you can imagine, there's a lot of work to do and it has to be prioritized.

The user name change is something that we know quite a few people are counting on and looking forward to, but today the top priority is making sure our automated backup system is set up and configured properly to best protect everyone's posts, accounts, photos, and so on.

For now, the name change offers immediate relief for those who need to fix the capitalization and/or spacing of their username following the move. We will expand it as promised as soon as we're able.

In the meantime, if you want to perform a complete name change, please stay patient and resist the temptation to use your one time change on formatting, so the feature will remain available to you after it's been updated.

I can't change my username. I was only able to capitalize my name, like it was before the switchover.

Also if you have a gif avy it won't work in threads as previously stated but it does work if you click on that person's profile page (like me for example)

Complete name change is now live.

I'm now MetalMario, formerly M4rioL. 9 years on the site here's to another 9 men!:nthat:

Will all the previous posts under the old name be carried over to the new one, including reps, etc?

Are there any plans on removing members who have left for an extended period of time, say 5 years, so that more active members can take their username? Just a thought

Back
Top Bottom