how to clean my grey toe 13s???

so i just picked this up for a good deal from one of my friends
only thing is is that some of the red dye leaked onto the leather
my question is is there anything i can do,make, or buy to get the red dye from the leather??
any help is appreciated
here are some pics of where the dye leaked onto

OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST
happy.gif

I don't think that you can do anything about it, all the real ones does that (the funny thing is that the fakes does not, and stays white ... ^^).
I would especially not recommend you to try any kind of abrasive treatment, the white paint on "claws" can easily gets ripped of, even with sponge,keep them away from any kind of brush, sponge, etc ... Just clean them lightly with soap, and enjoy the fact that like I said only the real ones does that, sonext time you see a guy wearing them with no leaking paint, there is a great chance that he's wearing fakes ...
Though, I don't know if you can do something for the leather, mines only leaks on the "claws" midsole so ...

PS: And of course check the maintenance post, maybe someone found out a way to clean these up with no damages.

my og white and red 13s are the same , im also wondering if theres anything i can do to remove it . can someone help us out??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Originally Posted by dunwitjayz

my og white and red 13s are the same , im also wondering if theres anything i can do to remove it . can someone help us out ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
This is paint, the only way to remove paint is to use some kind of thinner, or to rub/sand, in both cases you will eventually damage your shoes.If you are so mad about it, then you can try to repaint the parts where the paint leaked, depending on how good or bad the leather aged, the contrast betweenit (the leather) and the brand new painted midsole could be, in my opinon, worst than with the leaked paint.
Personnaly I like my grey toes with this defect, it adds some "personality" to it, in the end shoes are just shoes, it's impossible to keep themboth fresh and wearable for decades, enjoy them as they are.

PS : You could try some vapor cleaner, but I won't be the first to test it on mines ... ^^

Originally Posted by zageretokintaman

dunwitjayz wrote:
my og white and red 13s are the same , im also wondering if theres anything i can do to remove it . can someone help us out ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
This is paint, the only way to remove paint is to use some kind of thinner, or to rub/sand, in both cases you will eventually damage your shoes. If you are so mad about it, then you can try to repaint the parts where the paint leaked, depending on how good or bad the leather aged, the contrast between it (the leather) and the brand new painted midsole could be, in my opinon, worst than with the leaked paint.
Personnaly I like my grey toes with this defect, it adds some "personality" to it, in the end shoes are just shoes, it's impossible to keep them both fresh and wearable for decades, enjoy them as they are.

PS : You could try some vapor cleaner, but I won't be the first to test it on mines ... ^^

its not paint , its more of a die . paint is a solid substance in a liquid form , die is a liquid that stays liquid . thats why i think it leaked into theleather witch is probably painted . i get what your saying about painting them . i dont think the white paint i use and the aged leather would match . i wasjust hoping that maybe some rubbing alcohol would do the trick

check the **** on the girl on punishas avi !!!!!!!!!!! god dam !!!!! each one is frickin bigger then her head !!

Originally Posted by dunwitjayz

check the **** on the girl on punishas avi !!!!!!!!!!! god dam !!!!! each one is frickin bigger then her head !!

those are some big *******!!!! i got the same problem with my grey toes, like the other dude said "it adds personality to the shoe", so i don'treally sweat it

nothing you can do about it, i have the same thing with my greytoes. i also have "bleeding" on the white panther paws..

dunwitjayz wrote:

its not paint , its more of a die . paint is a solid substance in a liquid form , die is a liquid that stays liquid . thats why i think it leaked into the leather witch is probably painted . i get what your saying about painting them . i dont think the white paint i use and the aged leather would match . i was just hoping that maybe some rubbing alcohol would do the trick

I tried, with ogs though not retroes, the problem cames directly from the shape of the paws, filled with holes and hollows,if you try to rub thesurface to remove leaked paint or stains then you will only clean the upper surface, the underneath surface will stays in the same condition and if you rubharder then you will eventually rip the paint off (the color underneath the paint is some kind of yellow/aged white, not sexy at all ...).
The other solution is to use some thinner, but since you can't rub without the risk to remove the white paint and that you need to clean it both on top andunderneath, you must use a thinner strong enough to remove the leaked paint by contact only, and these kind of thinners will ruin the paws, maybe even theplastic it is made of ...
Personnaly I use some nails thinner, Acetone free (sorry, I am not sure about the English word for Acetone, this is an agressive component of thinners) anddishes soap, gently applied with finger tips, it works for me ... I can post you some pictures of the paws when the paint has been ripped off if you want, letme know.

i see what your saying , its hopeless !!! i think im just gonna leave them alone . there worth too much to fuk up !!! any yeah when you see them youll be likedam those are some fresh ogs . not dam those are some knockoffs ~~

Back
Top Bottom