How to detect fake AJ IVs (help us end the incessant posts)

Posting for Antonio Montana (see above):

DSC03171.jpg

DSC03172.jpg

^Thank you ultrasur1 for hosting

The shoe on the right is authentic, shoe on the left is fake.

The authentic pair has some wear which might explain the slight color difference

Anyway,
-the air holes on the fake pair are smaller
-The midsole stitching around the toe uses lengthier threads
-Fake pair has larger stars

I know these are fake because the seller is selling a bunch of them, but is there anyway to actually look at the shoe and tell?
004-101-1.jpg

The Jordan Brand Forum sucks.​
All the people there want to buy fakes now.​

There are some new fakes popping up on ebay now. They are the Fire Red colorway. And there are quite a few listed. The fake black IV's are just flooded all over the place. Its only a matter of time until the military blue's start popping up.

Just search for them on ebay and you'll find them.

My white/cement mesh does go parallel with the lace holder and mines are real.

LA-tes

[/center]

About the mesh lining up with the lace holder, how come the IVs on vintagekicks.com don't have that parallel thing?

1009-1.jpg

-dg

those are parallel, they dont have to be perfect...i think...mines arent.
I have xii carolina sz 11 womens and iii white cement/fire red sz 12 mens for sale or trade

Hi Everybody, my brother bought these AJ IVs from Ebay not knowing they were fake shoes (I wish he came to me first) He bought both colors Wht Cement Grey and Black. Since he was so irritated by the fact that they were fake he gave them to me. So I pulled out a pair DS authentic AJ IVs and did a side by side comparison for everyone on NT to reference. I tried the shoes on and they did feel a little different from the authentic ones, but the detail is not bad for fakes and it could and would fake a lot of people. Here are some of the main technical factors that I did notice.
#1 The Box is a lot smaller than the authentic one.
#2 The Jumpman on the top of the box is off centered as well as its not as bright of a red, like its been copied. (Same goes for the label on the side.)
#3. The cement grey is a lot darker than the authentic pair (There are also less black speckles)
#4 The Jumpman logo/Flight on the tongue there is a noticeable difference mainly the red/black pattern that is seen behind the logo.
#5 The Air Jordan wording on the inside of the tongue had a slightly reddish color to it as well. (Pretty close though.....)
#6 This is a dead give away....Ebay sellers never show the inside sole of the shoes...which I found interesting..the authentic pair is Black and the fake pair has a Red insole.
#7 Side by side comparisons of the toes..show that the fake pair is a little wider...but not noticeably much.
#8 Like previously stated...the mesh on the side tends..to be more straight up and down more that slanted with the authentic pair which is not as noticeable as how thick the fake mesh is. The fake mesh is almost 1/8 of an inch vs the authentic pair is 1/16 or double the thickness.
#9 Also previously stated by other Nters that the stitching behind the triangle has more of a rounded appearance vs the fake pair that comes to more of an angle.
#10 The bottom of the shoes are pretty much dead on except the fact that on close examination, the Stars are very different.
#11 The Nike tag is not as red as the authentic one and its much more transparent.
#12 There is spacing between the white pods within the air pockets on the fakes
Well, these are the most significant things that I noticed which the fake pair...I am sure there are more. ...Hope this helps!.....Hummm...now what am I going to do with theses shoes? HAHA...looks like I might wear them around the house etc... to see how they hold up....(I will let everyone know if they fall apart)
ps If you see a 35+ old guy walking around ....with..fake IVs...Stop before laughing...and think....maybe he is doing a comparison on how they hold up. :b
tongue.gif
(Dont know what else to do with them...... Until next time, I will put up comparisions with the Black IVs... one thing....the mesh is very shiny on the black pair as compared with the Authentic ones J23"
airjordanivbox.jpg

airjordanivbox2.jpg

airjordanivwhttags.jpg

airjordanivsidebysideback.jpg

airjordanivwhtairpockets.jpg

airjordanivwhtbottoms.jpg

airjordanivwhtinsole.jpg

airjordanivwhtmeshsidebyside2.jpg

airjordanivwhtmeshsidebyside.jpg

airjordanivwhtmeshsidebysidefront.jpg

airjordanivwhtmeshmeasure.jpg

airjordanivwhtstarscomp.jpg

airjordanivwhttoessidebyside.jpg

airjordanivwhttongue.jpg

airjordanivwhttongue2.jpg

airjordanivwhttonguesidebyside.jpg

The site for rare Jordan signatures​

JUMP23, your sick....great freakin comparison.....man, with the naked eye, you still cant tell unless they are side by side

I know how the difference between the fake wht/green ivs and the real wht/green ivs.

With the fakes, just like the blk/reds, has sharp edges towards the back of the shoe. And it's midsole sticks out to far in the back. Lastly, the netting size is too big (in other words) there are less rectangles in the net panel.

As for the authentics, the back doesn't stick out like the fakes and it has smooth corners, similar to the retro and og ivs.

Once I find pics, I'll edit them in my post.

[/b]​

Back
Top Bottom