How to fix my comp myself/restore to factory settings?

My labtop is really acting wack right now, think I got a virus, blue screen keeps popping up, tends the freeze, ect. Any advice on how to properly diagnose and fix this?

Throw it away and get a mac. Problem solved
Spoiler [+]
or try running system restore or if that doesn't work just try to back your files up and reinstall windows

Ohh I hate that , what I did was went out side and got a life ..

JK

Yeah what they said System Restore or if you still have your re-installation cd you can go ahead and do that and feel fresh and start from scratch again
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Please be more specific.  Getting the Blue Screen can be any number of things from a software problem, to your hard drive failing.  How old is the system?  When did it start happening?  Does it happen at a certain time?

If you have windows 7 you can restore to a past update. if not your laptop should come with a windows disc and just do a clean install

Originally Posted by KnowledgeTheFoundation

Anywhere I can find a restore CD for my toshiba for a low price?

Ask Toshiba.  Otherwise, you can buy a Windows 7 disk online for about $100.

Anywhere I can find a restore CD for my toshiba for a low price?

If you still have the key on the bottom of your laptop, go here, get the image and burn to dvd or make a bootable usb stick

Link

make sure you get the drivers you'll need for your laptop first

If system restore doesn't work, just gotta reinstall everything with the factory disc. If your computer is fairly new and you didn't burn it to a disc since they don't include them anymore (at least with the laptops I have bought recently) then probably have to ask the manufacturer.

f the system restore. just nuke the damn thing and start fresh with a new install of windows w/ the proper drivers.
197% change of no viruses
pimp.gif

dude said labtop
laugh.gif

anyways search for a program called Recovery manager factory restore it from there

Originally Posted by Jordanscrub

Go in to safe mode and do system restore from a date that you want
but can the virus still be there even with the system restore?
No, it will be restored to factory settings.  You will lose EVERYTHING.  If you don't want to get a virus afterwards, make sure to install all of the Windows updates immediately and install Microsoft Security Essentials to protect you.

Back
Top Bottom