How to get a job at footlocker....?Vol...its got to be some damn secret

grin.gif

do they look for people who know nothing about jordans so that they dont have to worry about theft or some $***? cuz it seems everyone that works there(no offense to you guys) are completely unaware of the jordans and $*** or whatever...

current employees, let me in on the secret or whatever the !%@! it is this #*@!+!! company looks for.

this sears $*** is nice and fine...but if i worked at footlocker id be a happier man
happy.gif

Theres no secret you just got to be outgoing and someone that will look to sell. There is so many employees at champs, footlocker ect that don't now jack about the shoes. Like i said there looking for outgoing and not only will be able to sell just the shoes but there accessories. Also previous retail experience is a plus.

The last thing these places care about is your shoe knowledge. There's more to a footlocker or finishline or whatever than jordans. He'll when I worked at FL our biggest sellers were Shox and Phat Farm shoes. We couldn't keep Phat Farms in stock.
laugh.gif
. It's about customer service.

They only care about your salesmanship. It's great you know about Jordans but how is that gonna help you sell this Majestic MLB patch backpack? There's more to that job then just hockin' Js. Good overall work ethic is what they look for. How you react in different situations, etc. At least that's what my interviews were like while I was there.

HMMMM....i been working at sears since october...and i excell in getting people to sign up for the credit cards...matter fact this month i got 101 people to do it...so im guessing i could sell some shoes

should i wait till april(so it'll be six months experience) to apply or do it now?

haha i work at a footaction and to tell u the truth u need no knowledge of Jordans to sell a pair....ppl either come in to buy a pair or not, because if they r just lookin for a basketball shoe or shoe in general most will be scared of the price tag. T he real skill is being able to sell them stuff they didnt come in for, such as cleaners,insoles,socks,etc

Footlocker looks for people who do multiples , and sell there products such as cleaners , insoles , and socks

i am 1st in multiples and sales but i am at a small footlocker so my hours are wack .

im thinking of trying to transfer to one in NY to see what the commission is like if my plan works out to go visit my aunt in the summer.

If I worked at Footlocker I'd only work part time to the effect of 8 hours a month just to get the discounts & I'd show up for big releases, take a size run, and peace out.

dude i got a job off of luck

go in (alone, dont look at nothing)  ask for the manager, ask for an app, introduce yourself.

go bak same day or the next, look for the same manager, give it to him/her

call in, a week later if they dont call u.

if u get an interview, b out going, say u can sell and u know about up selling shoe cleaner and socks, and that u like being the best so u gunna b the best sales man, and try to get the store to the top.

working there, is aboutselling the accesories the shoes sell themsleves.

As a foot locker manager....Its all about luck. For the most part out employees move laterally throughout the company.

I got my first store last year and 85% of my new staff came from other stores.

Also as a Foot Locker manager.......I wouldn't work for foot locker if I was you.

Only thing beneficial is the discount, and they basically get the money they pay you BACK during Employee Appreciation

As a foot locker manager....Its all about luck. For the most part out employees move laterally throughout the company.

Also as a Foot Locker manager.......I wouldn't work for foot locker if I was you.

Only thing beneficial is the discount, and they basically get the money they pay you BACK during Employee Appreciation

if your in high school or in college looking for a part time job then try and work there but if that doesn't fit you then stay away from working at corporate chain store like footlocker. way to much b.s and politics involved in that company. they overstress numbers and selling crappy insoles that no one really wants and the pay sucks.

i have a few friends that are managers at footlocker and footaction and most of the time they hate the job. someone from corporate is always complaining about something and putting stress on them.

lastly the pay is crappy and their real picky when it comes to giving raises. if you just want the job for the discount, just try and network and get in good with some of the employees up there.

Originally Posted by SoleOnEyez

?

the pay sucks??? then how do those crazy jordan release saturdays work?

ok cool if the pay sucks...then itd be smart to keep the sears job(pay is excellent, even tho im @ minimun wage, i get money for every time i get a customer to apply for the credit card)then get the footlocker job so i can have the discount?

good plan?

i guess you're young cause all the workers i see there are no older than 18-25.

Originally Posted by MrWavez

?

ok cool if the pay sucks...then itd be smart to keep the sears job(pay is excellent, even tho im @ minimun wage, i get money for every time i get a customer to apply for the credit card)then get the footlocker job so i can have the discount?

good plan?

Do you like working at sears??

Is there a footlocker in the mall where the sears you work at is at.

If you have any sort of people skills just talk to employees at the foot locker by where you live and tell them you'll throw them a couple of bucks their way on the side for them to give you their discount and to look out for you during 50% weekends

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by MrWavez

?

good plan?

Do you like working at sears??

Is there a footlocker in the mall where the sears you work at is at.

If you have any sort of people skills just talk to employees at the foot locker by where you live and tell them you'll throw them a couple of bucks their way on the side for them to give you their discount and to look out for you during 50% weekends

Kind of...I mean its cool at times but then again its straight
indifferent.gif
 at times...i mainly like it because of the pay...but then again it is my first job so i dont have any experience to say whats a better paying job...

Yes. Theres a footlocker, a ladys footlocker, a champs, a sheik, and a finishline.

I mean, my friend who works a lady footlocker also works at sears...so she gets me the "hook-up" for now...but i was looking into the future you know...cant be relying on her for every shoe and for discounts and stuff...and if imma be paying somebody to gimme a discount...whats the point of having the discount
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom