How to get a job at footlocker....?Vol...its got to be some damn secret

Originally Posted by MrWavez

whats the point of having the discount
ohwell.gif

40% off is still better than paying full price

I never worked at a shoe store as my bread and butter job.  I would've gone crazy.

I worked at NTLA for  3 years, as a side gig.  About 8 hours a week
smokin.gif
, avoided all the drama and still got 40% + Swoosh.

After my second year, I switched to shipping and receiving, cake city.  It was cool, no managers looking over your shoulder, just stock the sales floor early in the morning and bounce at 10am.

Then they asked for me to open my availability....
grin.gif

I would say introduce yourself to a manager like someone mentioned earlier, get an app from him, and turn it in a couple days later to the same manager.  If he is not there ask when he will be there and come back..

Working at a shoe store when you buy a ton of kicks is a cool side job.

Nah bro... it's all about luck, and impressing the manager in your interviews.

I recently got hired at Nike, and everybody was asking me that same question.

Footlocker was by far the easiest job I ever gotten in my life, all I did was go to the job fair they were having, apply, do some assessment test and they said if I passed I'd get hired...within 2 weeks I got a call and I was hired.

hm...you dudes got me thinking

dont know if its a cool job or a stressful one like sears...

anyone wanna go into detail on why it sucks
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

if your in high school or in college looking for a part time job then try and work there but if that doesn't fit you then stay away from working at corporate chain store like footlocker. way to much b.s and politics involved in that company. they overstress numbers and selling crappy insoles that no one really wants and the pay sucks.

i have a few friends that are managers at footlocker and footaction and most of the time they hate the job. someone from corporate is always complaining about something and putting stress on them.

lastly the pay is crappy and their real picky when it comes to giving raises. if you just want the job for the discount, just try and network and get in good with some of the employees up there.
this probably explain why most Footlocker employees always have an attitude
laugh.gif
. I don't like going to Footlocker to buy shoes. Customer service is always terrible

I've been with the company for about 3 years now at Footlocker. Let me say this, the job is stressful. Pay does suck and hours are horrible especially during the holidays. I finally cut down and just work about 6 hours a week. Commission is awesome if you work at a high volume store. If you work at a crappy low volume store you're not going to be looking at a nice paycheck. Accessories is a pain. That's all they care about in Footlocker. The only cool thing about working there is what everyone already said which is the discount. However, I heard that they're cutting down on Employee Appreciations because of the new head honcho that took over the company. I would stick to Sears but if at the same time, it doesn't hurt to try something new as well.

Originally Posted by MrWavez

hm...you dudes got me thinking

dont know if its a cool job or a stressful one like sears...

anyone wanna go into detail on why it sucks
nerd.gif

I wouldn't say its stressful but the pay isn't very good, the discounts are cool if your still into copping kicks but other den dat its not that serious of a job.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

if your in high school or in college looking for a part time job then try and work there but if that doesn't fit you then stay away from working at corporate chain store like footlocker. way to much b.s and politics involved in that company. they overstress numbers and selling crappy insoles that no one really wants and the pay sucks.

i have a few friends that are managers at footlocker and footaction and most of the time they hate the job. someone from corporate is always complaining about something and putting stress on them.

lastly the pay is crappy and their real picky when it comes to giving raises. if you just want the job for the discount, just try and network and get in good with some of the employees up there.
this probably explain why most Footlocker employees always have an attitude
laugh.gif
. I don't like going to Footlocker to buy shoes. Customer service is always terrible

that and the fact they hire air head bimbo employees. im not expecting them to have the same knowledge i have when it comes to shoes but when i come in and ask for a pair of shoes, don't have that deer in the headlights look and go to your coworker and say "what are hyperdunks"

lol why r u tryna be Al Bundy tho? miss me with shoe sales hahaha i'd hate to mix something I love in shoes with something I'm sure I would grow to hate. I was there this weekend and dude was getting chewed out by some old lady because he took too long to bring out her Pumas... %%@! all that. Tryin on shoes??? where they do that at?

tons of negatives working there.
i worked there 2.5 years. i did stock and sales associate(was the worst one in the store
laugh.gif
i did not try at allll the last year and a half cuz it was bunz)
no raise. minimum wage and 1% commission.
indifferent.gif

i think its pretty impossible to hit the numbers for your accessories, imo.
people who come in suck, ask dum things, do dum things, about 85% of people will ask u if u can knock some dollars off their purchase.
work alot during the holidays.
you will always have to improve in something.
if people you work with are lazy ans dum, shoes will be misplaced all the time.
grown men coming in and not knowing what size shoe they are
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

positive
50% off and 30% off
sometimes jordan/nike shorts can cost up to like 7 bucks with your discount.
(depending on manager) new releases

annnd for the new releases on sunday, around my way, all the managers and Asst managers would get the commision
indifferent.gif

Foot Locker sucks period.  I mean it's cool for discounts like most people stated (Champs, Footaction, Eastbay, Lady, Kids, etc.)  but other than that it sucks.  The pay sucks for the work you had to do.  They stress you heavy on pushing those insoles and accessories.  But I was smart with multiples, I'd practically give those 3 for 9.99 socks for free with them 10 dollar coupons I always had on my back pocket.  So I'd be like if you get this (a higher price shoe) I'd give you some socks for free yadadadada.  Before they didn't limit you on them EA but now you have a limit which is a big 
indifferent.gif
.  Just network like everybody says, working for that company sucks. 
/end rant.

Has anyone tried applying to nike, footlocker, champs, etc. on their online application system and ever gotten a response? I applied yesterday but I feel like there's no chance I'll get considered. Any info would help. Thanks in advance

I've worked at Foot Locker, Nike Dallas and currently at Shoe Palace. But like everyone says working at Foot Locker does suck a lot of stress that 1% commission sucks specially since you probably wont be working Jordan releases. If you want a job selling shoes go with any Nike store, you get 40% off and way little stress. I left Nike due to the fact that I wasnt able to open my availability now I just work about 8-10 hours a week at ShoePalace. BTW I've been "hustlin" shoes since '06.

I've worked at Foot Locker, Nike Dallas and currently at Shoe Palace. But like everyone says working at Foot Locker does suck a lot of stress that 1% commission sucks specially since you probably wont be working Jordan releases. If you want a job selling shoes go with any Nike store, you get 40% off and way little stress. I left Nike due to the fact that I wasnt able to open my availability now I just work about 8-10 hours a week at ShoePalace. BTW I've been "hustlin" shoes since '06.
weekends?

Has anyone tried applying to nike, footlocker, champs, etc. on their online application system and ever gotten a response? I applied yesterday but I feel like there's no chance I'll get considered. Any info would help. Thanks in advance
I work at Finish Line. I applied and called them about 3 days later to ask them if they got my application. My boss said, "Give me a second." Found it and said, "I'm gonna give you an interview right now over the phone. Is that cool?" It threw me off, but I said yeah. After that, he told me he liked the way I sounded and scheduled me for an interview in person. Did my interview in person and he told me, "Look, I don't normally do this, but I just wanna let you know that I'm going to hire you."
The questions are more customer-oriented. As long as you let the boss know that you put the customer first over everything, you should be good.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Last edited:
I work at Finish Line. I applied and called them about 3 days later to ask them if they got my application. My boss said, "Give me a second." Found it and said, "I'm gonna give you an interview right now over the phone. Is that cool?" It threw me off, but I said yeah. After that, he told me he liked the way I sounded and scheduled me for an interview in person. Did my interview in person and he told me, "Look, I don't normally do this, but I just wanna let you know that I'm going to hire you."
The questions are more customer-oriented. As long as you let the boss know that you put the customer first over everything, you should be good.
Damn man good for you, and thanks a lot for the info

congrats bro

WOW! this is some eye opening i s h right here...i made this thread and i eventually got the job and loved it like no other...now i cant even stand to go to work :smh:
i litterally dont even go up there anymore lmao. im on the schedule but i just stay on for the lame *** discount that i dont even use...

lol crazy how 2-3 years go by and **** change...i honestly feel like slapping the **** outta the customers i dealt with, my ex girl worked with me and would steal my sales and id tell the manager but he litterally would dismiss me, the managers would be on my case when i was clearly the best seller. last summer i litterally had a melt down at work :lol: i would go in praying for someone to disrespect me so i could justify beating the **** out of someone.

prolly done once summer starts. imma **** with UPS or FedEx :smokin

How did you get the job at nike dallas? :nerd:
but yo. this probably doesn't apply to you, shoe palace got some of the worst employees ever. at the hulen location i've been asked in the rudest way possible by the employees before "how much did this cost, where'd you get those, etc" :stoneface: i now avoid that place at all costs.

Back
Top Bottom