How to get a job at footlocker....?Vol...its got to be some damn secret

i been always wanting to work at footlocker and applied way to many times lol...i gave up tho a long time ago
nerd.gif

If I worked at Footlocker I'd only work part time to the effect of 8 hours a month just to get the discounts & I'd show up for big releases, take a size run, and peace out.
Exactly, No broads wants a ma that works at Footlocker lulz

Job does suck, they're very stingy with pay riases, the company doesn't drug test, so you have all sorts of characters working there, lots of minimum wage attitude, and there is no loyalty within the company.

I'd like to get a sneaker-oriented job for 4-8 hours a week or month, doesn't matter. There's a FA near my house, I'll apply once my primary job settles into a regular schedule. Technically, I'm still part time, but get 38+ hours every week.

How did you get the job at nike dallas? :nerd:
but yo. this probably doesn't apply to you, shoe palace got some of the worst employees ever. at the hulen location i've been asked in the rudest way possible by the employees before "how much did this cost, where'd you get those, etc" :stoneface: i now avoid that place at all costs.

I got hired on at Nike Dallas when it first opened, pretty much as long as you have good customer service you have a shot at working there. I do apologize about your experience that you had at the Shoe Palace in Hulen (not where I work) .

Has anyone tried applying to nike, footlocker, champs, etc. on their online application system and ever gotten a response? I applied yesterday but I feel like there's no chance I'll get considered. Any info would help. Thanks in advance

A lot of retail companies can just keep applications open year long so that if people quit unexpectedly (pretty often in retail), they have a bunch of resumes to fall back on.

In the same boat. Just Graduated High School in June and i am looking for my first job sadly... but i am a good kid friendly and really into sneakers of all kinds... dont really have references due to the fact i just moved to CA but i really want to work at Footlocker and Champs put in an online application at footlocker and a paper app. to champs have been active in call champs not footlocker so much due to the fact the first time i called they just said it be looked but didnt even ask my name like champs did ant help

?

the pay sucks??? then how do those crazy jordan release saturdays work?

ok cool if the pay sucks...then itd be smart to keep the sears job(pay is excellent, even tho im @ minimun wage, i get money for every time i get a customer to apply for the credit card)then get the footlocker job so i can have the discount?

good plan?

How much you get for getting people to open cards?

I work in retail too Ina supervisor position.. And I'm in charge of making sure ppl are asking customers to open them and make sure we meet our goal everyday.
But no one gets anything for opening them tho.

Go when they are HIRING. Thats how I got hired, easiest interview process ever. If they aren't hiring you are wasting your time. Besides that the easiest way to get a job is if you know someone who works there.

Working at footlocker sucks though. You dont get paid much $5.25 /hr + 1% commission. Don't take a sales lead job, you might as well go for AM . They dont have 50% off that often anymore , and you better hope your store manager is cool. Some store managers make you wait in line like everyone else.

Last edited:
Go when they are HIRING. Thats how I got hired, easiest interview process ever. If they aren't hiring you are wasting your time. Besides that the easiest way to get a job is if you know someone who works there.

Working at footlocker sucks though. You dont get paid much $5.25 /hr + 1% commission. Don't take a sales lead job, you might as well go for AM . They dont have 50% off that often anymore , and you better hope your store manager is cool. Some store managers make you wait in line like everyone else.

What about mini. wage?? here in cali its 8.00 / hr

What about mini. wage?? here in cali its 8.00 / hr

With commision you end up making enough for it to be considered min wage. If you don't sell enough shoes to reach min wage they will adjust your check so that you made enough for min wage. Min wage in VA is 7.25 so in cali the sales associates PROBABLY get paid $6 /hr + commision, but this is footlocker we are talking about so it could be less.

My issue with footlocker is when i called to check on my application the manager says " it is being looked at and if you fit will call" but when i applied to champs and called they took down my name and told me they would look over it.

1. Go during their open house. They have a lot throughout the year.
2. When you go to the interview during the open house...NEVER EVER mention that your a shoe collector or anything along those lines. You'll not get the job. Remember the company is looking for someone that can bring something to the company not benefiting from it.
3. Dress formally to the interview. Don't go there with a button up not tucked, baggy dress pants, and some sneakers. Remember first impressions is very KEY.
4. Or you can know someone in the company, but nowadays Footlockers make all applicants apply online. Back then it was easy to get your friends in the door because it was walk in applications. Also heard that they make all applicants go through assessment tests.

Good luck.

you kids think sneaker stores WANT a kid that is CRAZY about sneakers.

they don't. that's annoying, you'd be in their ear chirping off about colorways and "grails".

they wan't a dummy that does what they're told.

if I was ever in the position to apply to those stores I'd tell them I like sneakers, but I wouldn't say it's my passion, and I'd even downplay my sneaker knowledge.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom