How To Grow Old Gracefully As A Rap Fan - Late 20s / 30+, This Is For You.

Pretty good points, keeping an open mind is key. More than half of the BS that's out I just can't rock with.

Enjoyed reading this... I think it comes at a good time for me as I am turning 30 at the end of the year and my first child will be born around the same time.

Im a huge hip-hop fan but I know my life is about to change and so will my listening habits as well as events I choose to attend.

I have always been trying to seek out new acts but I am def hesitant to jump on everything that is "hot".

I think i will always check for the rappers from my childhood as their recent material already shows that they have matured musically... Jay, Nas, Jeezy come to mind.

The cats that are my age now, I know I will still listen to as well because of their content... Cole Krit Kendrick. Dom Kennedy and Curren$y i will prolly will still check for too even tho my new lifestyle wont be that connected to their content.

Gonna miss going to concerts too. My wife and I hit up a ton over our years together... We have two on the books for the rest of this year. After that its no telling when Ill be able to see another show.:smh:

Great article hopefully I will stay in touch with rap... but if not I see myself fully embracing blues and roots rock, soul type artists.

Thanks OP.

These aren't rules or guidelines. Just stuff that I've found helpful and hoping others could add on. Fact is there will come a day when certain types of rap will feel foreign to you.

@AceRothstein - I've always dabbled in other genres but rap will always be my main squeeze 8)

Back
Top Bottom