How to improve my vocabulary? Poor memory over here.

listen to rap music....im kinda serious...some rap have ran outta rhymes and use new words/venacular to further their rhymes...I hear a word, look it up and learned something new

Read he dictionary I'm telling u. I read it everyday and it only rook me 3 months to know every word that begins withthe letter a

I would think my vernacular is verbose to lineage. Just don't care to impress people.

How your vocab limited working on Wall Street Tho?

You need to read works where words are used in context and then attempt to use them in your everyday life. You've probably forgotten a lot of words because they've never come up again after you first heard them.

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

I would think my vernacular is verbose to lineage. Just don't care to impress people.

How your vocab limited working on Wall Street Tho?

how is that guy posting if he is working in WS?

what firm?

lols will be had.

Pick up The Elements of Style by Strunk and White.  It's the difference between reading a poster like Rexanglorum and Method Man.  The vocabulary is similar but the style and syntax set them miles apart when it comes to actually reading it or if you were to talk to them in person.
The words aren't as important IMO.

if you have an iphone, theres the dictionary app that has a thing called word of the day. check it out everyday and eventually some words are going to stick

Use close-captioning and subtitles when watching tv, and use context clues to figure out what a word means before looking it in the dictionary. That helped me a lot in high school when I studying for the SATs.

If you can, read a newspaper every day. I do that as well as reading Time, Newsweek, and the Economist weekly.

like most folks have said: read! also, maybe subscribe to a word of the day email list and try to use the new word you learn throughout the day.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Read the NYTimes daily.

I do read nytimes daily. It's vocab is not difficult. Only vocab i can say is difficult to me is Harpers' magazine

Thanks for that free rice website. Already donated 10 rice
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah, read and use it in convo. I make a list of words I don't quite know the definition to and quiz myself on occasion.

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Read the NYTimes daily.

I do read nytimes daily. It's vocab is not difficult. Only vocab i can say is difficult to me is Harpers' magazine

Thanks for that free rice website. Already donated 10 rice
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
"The Economist" is a good magazine too.  I don't know, I improved my grammar greatly since I started reading both.  Plus school textbooks.

Back
Top Bottom