How To Make An Essay Appear Longer Than It Is

Lame. You can spend half the time it would take you to do all that nonsense and actually write more.

My word is always checked by number of words anyways.

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

Every college professor ever will be able to notice this !@*%.
grin.gif

if your professors is grading papers then the class is probably easy enough to where these tactics are not useful. i rarely see anyone w/page minimums anymore; usually just page or word maximums - which make writing much more difficult.

Originally Posted by TacC4

grin.gif

if your professors is grading papers then the class is probably easy enough to where these tactics are not useful. i rarely see anyone w/page minimums anymore; usually just page or word maximums - which make writing much more difficult.
this is true

-This one is a little less known, but works quite well. Click on format -> font, go to character spacing, and choose expanded spacing. This makes the spacing in between letters a little larger and is not very noticeable.
-Make every period 16 pt. font, it will add plenty of space and isn't noticeable whatsoever.

these two sound legit

Teachers don't really weigh the grade in regards to the length of your paper.

If you've written 4-6 pages of mediocre writing, best you'll probably get is a C.

If you can churn out at least 4 pages of solid writing, then you'll probably be given the benefit of the doubt and given the better grade.

# To write a 4-6 page paper, write a 4 page paper.
# If you need to write a 4 page paper, write a 3.8 page paper. Most teachers won't kill you if the paper is just slightly shorter than expected.

Horrible advice. Also, a bunch of teachers for me require me to turn it in online rather than in person to reduce carbon footprint. A lot easier to see this stuff when they got the word document in front of them

Originally Posted by Noskey

Originally Posted by the north west

majority of college professors grade on the quality and content of the writing not the length

Yep. That's why I've been able to get away with having 1 page less than required. Maybe ~2 pages if it's a 10+ page paper. Being a good writer ftw
pimp.gif

I agree with you two, some of the things on that list seem like middle school antics.
laugh.gif

Some of you guys must go to school with Buzz Killington
Some of the suggestions are too obvious and I wouldn't use them myself, however the majority of the suggestions are so slight that they would work and never be noticed unless your professor goes through it with ridiculous precision

*Bookmarked

How about just write the paper, and use your brain?

I don't understand how someone can't write a essay...

I don't think this stuff will work. Professors spot out a lot of these margin, bigger font, 2.5 spacing tricks in a heartbeat.

On a side note, I was getting some help on an assignment from my prof and while I was working on one of the questions, he started grading these papers. He picked up the first one, shook his head and turned the paper towards me. The margins were stuuuuuuuupid thin and I was dying. It look like the person was trying to write newspaper columns
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
It's like how can you believe you'll get away with that
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by VIXIV

Brings me back to high school. Everyone else had 10-12 page research papers and mine was about 8 1/2 pages
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

me too...but i was already doing most of these things on my own.

It doesnt have to appear long, some people write so much but dont write what they suppose to be writing about.

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

grin.gif
QFT, they look and read papers all day, and been reading papers for years. They will notice any slight difference.
smh.gif
No they don't. I've done it plenty of times. That's why they can't tell, they've been reading papers all day 
laugh.gif
grin.gif
This. I've gotten away with it plenty of times. If it was the first paper they read then of course but after reading 50+ papers they just want to see if you got your argument across.

(Talking about the period adjustment. Don't mess with more than double space. That they can notice.)

I don't think its that. Its rather simple to write an essay. The problem is the page minimum requirements. My argument can be weakened and diluted due to the fact that I have to make my paper 12 pages when I got the point across in 10.

Yeah, this list is not going to fly. Just stick with the period at size 14 font, and hit space twice after every period.

Originally Posted by Lex Starks

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

grin.gif
QFT, they look and read papers all day, and been reading papers for years. They will notice any slight difference.
smh.gif
No they don't. I've done it plenty of times. That's why they can't tell, they've been reading papers all day 
laugh.gif
grin.gif
This. I've gotten away with it plenty of times. If it was the first paper they read then of course but after reading 50+ papers they just want to see if you got your argument across.

(Talking about the period adjustment. Don't mess with more than double space. That they can notice.)

I don't think its that. Its rather simple to write an essay. The problem is the page minimum requirements. My argument can be weakened and diluted due to the fact that I have to make my paper 12 pages when I got the point across in 10.

Hate to say it... but this means your argument isn't good enough. Professors test your way of thinking based on the length requirements... if you have a good grasp of all the info presented + your own opinions, you should be able to crank out the minimum page requirements with solid arguments. Not being able to do so simply shows that your argument is too simple or too vague.

I learned that the hard way.

Back
Top Bottom