How To Make Money Selling Drugs.

anybody watch this documentary?

How to sell audiences a lecture: Disguise it as a mock-infomercial. Taking a decidedly different tack from last year’s acclaimed bummer doc on the drug war, The House I Live In,  How to Make Money Selling Drugs purports to be a step-by-step instructional program, demonstrating how easy it is to climb from street-level dealer to cartel kingpin—and make obscene amounts of cash at every rung on the ladder. It’s all very tongue-in-cheek, with snappy animated graphics and the promise of a “secret level” (which turns out to be government exploitation of the U.S. prison system). For the most part, the interview subjects play along; only at the very end is it finally revealed that these former dealers, smugglers, and users now work with community outreach programs or campaign against mandatory-minimum sentencing laws. And the sums of money they toss around when recounting their old adventures truly are staggering. One guy who used to smuggle cocaine into Florida from Bogotá (by way of go-fast boats making a pit stop in the Bimini Islands) casually mentions an average daily haul of up to $50,000. He was 18 years old at the time.

It’s refreshing to see a documentary filmmaker mix it up a little bit, trying to sugarcoat his message with an inventive structural device. How to Make Money Selling Drugs is breezy fun, even when it eventually turns openly cynical: Woody Harrelson is labeled a “Freedom Enthusiast” and performs a fake PSA urging cash-strapped politicians to get tough on crime and score kickbacks from the prison industry. Beneath the gimmick, however, this really is more or less the same movie as The House I Live In—the two films even share The Wire’s David Simon as a key talking head. And it’s relating the same sobering statistics that have become familiar: that the U.S. imprisons a higher percentage of its population than any other country in the world; that 90 percent of offenders incarcerated under the Rockefeller laws are black and/or Latino; that the Department Of Justice “earns” more than $3 billion a year from drug-related asset forfeiture; etc. If people haven’t figured out by now that the U.S.’ zero-tolerance approach is more destructive than effective, it’s hard to see how one more documentary on the subject will magically turn the tide. But who knows? Maybe punching it up like this will help.

^ But to be honest fam, how high is the reward really?

They have brainwashed the youth into thinking that you can make real money from selling drugs.
When in actuality, they have us settling for less. Got us thinking that selling a kilo of coke for 20 or 30K a pop is real money. Selling kilos aint ****.

There are 23,000 billionaires in the world. And unless you are Frank Lucas in the 70's, selling drugs wont make you one of them.

It's time to start teaching our kids something else besides the dope game.
It's time to stop idolizing rappers, who rap about selling drugs, when they themselves either dont do it, or have never done it.
And they get paid millions of dollars to lie to us and lead us down the wrong path.
We need new role models. Its time to elevate our thinking

Mark Zuckerburg made 14 billion dollars in less than 9 years. THAT is real money. I'll take that any day over the street hustler that has grinded for the last 5 or 6 years to make 5 or 6 hundred thousand dollars. And that is being generous.
And with that half of million came drug charges, jealousy from friends, robbers. Everything that comes with that life.

Truth be told they just want to get us hyped up on some nonsense, so that we might slip up and do something dumb at a young age, that will ruin the rest of our lives, before it is even started. And many young people see the trap and choose to jump right into it. Because its cool.

Of course you ain't getting paid selling bricks cause ask yourself who's trying to sniff a line these days?. Got to supply by demand and the demand is Pills and bud

Last edited:

They have brainwashed the youth into thinking that you can make real money from selling drugs.
When in actuality, they have us settling for less. Got us thinking that selling a kilo of coke for 20 or 30K a pop is real money. Selling kilos aint ****.

There are 23,000 billionaires in the world. And unless you are Frank Lucas in the 70's, selling drugs wont make you one of them.

It's time to stop idolizing rappers, who rap about selling drugs, when they themselves either dont do it, or have never done it.
And they get paid millions of dollars to lie to us and lead us down the wrong path.

Mark Zuckerburg made 14 billion dollars in less than 9 years. THAT is real money. I'll take that any day over the street hustler that has grinded for the last 5 or 6 years to make 5 or 6 hundred thousand dollars. And that is being generous.
And with that half of million came drug charges, jealousy from friends, robbers. Everything that comes with that life.

Truth be told they just want to get us hyped up on some nonsense, so that we might slip up and do something dumb at a young age, that will ruin the rest of our lives, before it is even started. And many young people see the trap and choose to jump right into it. Because its cool.

You making to much sense right now! Repped.

Same **** different toilet famb. You totally missed the point. Drug money aint **** compared to what is out there.
Lets say you make a thousand dollars a night selling pills and bud. That's 365,000 a year.
Minus re-up money thats about( lets be generous)275,000 left over. It would take you four years to make a little over a million dollars.

And that's not including attorney retainer fees, bail money, etc

9 years 14 billion >>>>>>> 9 years 2,500,000

That example up there still works if you increase the money made from $1000 a night to $2000 a night or even $5000 a night.
But let's be realistic, not many street hustlers are making 2 grand a day let alone 5.

I'm with the smart money crowd. I seent how that trap works.

Also, I feel like the war on drugs was really just a massive training factory for the war on terror.

Same **** different toilet famb. You totally missed the point. Drug money aint **** compared to what is out there.
Lets say you make a thousand dollars a night selling pills and bud. That's 365,000 a year.
Minus re-up money thats about( lets be generous)275,000 left over. It would take you four years to make a little over a million dollars.

And that's not including attorney retainer fees, bail money, etc

9 years 14 billion >>>>>>> 9 years 2,500,000

That example up there still works if you increase the money made from $1000 a night to $2000 a night or even $5000 a night.
But let's be realistic, not many street hustlers are making 2 grand a day let alone 5.

I understand your point, but man it's not right to compare creating facebook to selling drugs. You wanna teach our kids something good? Don't give them that create facebook crap. Tell them to be REAL heroes the way dope dealers are seen. Let them be firemen, lawyers (not always heroes) teachers. Compare something like that to dope dealing.

No risk of jail, benefits, you become a role model to your community and people.

Of course you ain't getting paid selling bricks cause ask yourself who's trying to sniff a line these days?. Got to supply by demand and the demand is Pills and bud

Coke and crack are still highly popular. The urine tox screens at my hospital would agree

Just because rappers started rapping about molly doesn't mean ppl stopped doing cocaine.

just finished watching this, it's alright i guess. not much different from other drug documentaries. reminded me a bit of freakanomics if you've seen that doc.

View media item 470593

Back
Top Bottom