How to Restore the Flightposite 1’s from 2008?

What’s up everyone, so I want to try and reglue my metallic gold and eggplant FP1’s

This will be my first reglue and I want to know if anyone here has ever done it. If so, can someone give me the directions and exactly what I have to do? Both shoes are in good condition, but the separations are very prominent, so any ideas will be appreciated.

What’s up everyone, so I want to try and reglue my metallic gold and eggplant FP1’s

This will be my first reglue and I want to know if anyone here has ever done it. If so, can someone give me the directions and exactly what I have to do? Both shoes are in good condition, but the separations are very prominent, so any ideas will be appreciated.

Probably best to send it off to someone or take it to a shoe repair shop.

But if you want to DIY Youtube re glue soles. Barge Infinity TF All-Purpose Cement is what I've heard people use

Barge Superstik glue is the best glue for sole separation. I've used it for several pairs of OG nikes/Jordan's and it's A1. It dries clear and its great for sneakers.

You'll need:
cotton balls
acetone
clamps
painters tape
paint brush or a glue brush
A hair dryer or a heat gun.
A Dremel tool.
I've used this same method to reglue my 99 Eggplant FP1'S.

1. Prep the surface. Pouring acetone on the cottonballs and will quickly remove the factory adhesive on the uppers and the outsole.

2. Tape off the uppers. The painters tape is to keep the uppers clean from excess glue stains from the new glue. Cut off pieces of tape and overlap the tape to outline where the outsole and the uppers meet. (If you wanna free hand it without tape you can. Just be ready to clean off any excess glue.)

3. You can use the Dremel tool on the soles to make a new contact surface for the glue to bond better.

4. Apply the glue. Use an old paint brush or a glue brush to apply a thin layer of glue to the outsoles and uppers. After the application, let the glue cure for two hours. I'd apply a second layer of glue for a stronger bond, let it cure for 10 minutes. Then use a hair dryer or a heat gun to warm up the cured glue. Dont let it get too hot or else the glue will be too hot to bond properly.

5. Align the soles carefully, you should apply the soles in sections to make sure the soles align to the grooves in the uppers. Use the hairdryer to reactivate the glue and you should be good to go. Apply as much pressure with your hands as possible to make sure the shoes are bonding

6. Check the bond once you applied the sole. If you notice parts of the sole that aren't sticking to the upper, grab the hair dryer and reheat the glue in that area and re-bond them. Get some clamps or use some rubber bands to make sure the bond remains secure. Let it sit for a day or two before you wear them.

(I plan on using this method on my 99 metallic gold FP1's)

Hope this helps! lemme know if you need more info.

P.S. I forgot to mention the plastic shank plate. you use the same steps I mentioned earlier for the soles.

Last edited:
20230319_191757.jpg
20230321_105002.jpg

I just finished regluing these this past Sunday. Making sure the rubber outsole lined up flush with the grooves in upper after I heated up the glue was harder than Algebra 2 Trigonometry. 😮‍💨😮‍💨😮‍💨😮‍💨

Back
Top Bottom