How would you feel if you discover that someone tried to sell a gift you gave them?

Joined Sep 28, 2003
So I was on facebook today and on my newsfeed I see my homeboy commented on someone's picture and then it turned into a conversation. The other guy asked him if he still had the item for sale. And he answered that he decided to keep it. I know him and his family are going through some financial difficulties, but it kind of bothers me. How would you feel?

Edit: It was a G-shock watch.

Joined Sep 18, 2008
It typically wouldn't bother me especially if they needed the money.
If it were a sentimental item such as a collectable, ring or expensive item then it might irk me a little.

Joined Sep 18, 2006
You cant get a serious response without posting the item.

It would really depend on how intimate the item was. Anything like shoes or a TV or anything material like that shouldn't matter, ESPECIALLY if you know hes going through financial troubles. And to top it off he still decided to keep it.

Joined Sep 28, 2003
It was a G-shock watch. Yes he decided to keep it, but at one point it was up for sale. I don't know about you all, but I wouldn't sell something someone gave me as a gift. I'm not completely mad though. 

Joined Mar 1, 2011
Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

So I was on facebook today and on my newsfeed I see my homeboy commented on someone's picture and then it turned into a conversation. The other guy asked him if he still had the item for sale. And he answered that he decided to keep it. I know him and his family are going through some financial difficulties, but it kind of bothers me. How would you feel?

Edit: It was a G-shock watch.
Depending on how crazy his financial situation is affecting him and his family and how close we are, I wouldn't mind giving him more gifts to sell

Joined Apr 15, 2007
I think my thought process would be as follows....
Wow he is selling the watch i gave him...he told me he liked it though

That's kind of messed up

Well if i had a gift i would tell the person i liked it too even if i didn't just to be nice

I wouldn't want to have a nice gift that i don't want just sitting in my room collecting dust

I would probably sell it too if i were him

I don't really mind

Joined Oct 5, 2008
My girlfriend bought me the olnl pack for my birthday release day and I sold it a few weeks ago. Actually she gave me half.

Joined May 18, 2005
Just means you obviously don't know them well enough to give them a gift.
Who cares, you're not married.

I wouldn't mind if they returned it for a gift card so I don't mind if they sell it.

Joined Dec 11, 2006
Happened to me before.

I gave my co-worker a book that he wanted, but later sold it for only $1 on Craigslist. When I heard about it I was was kind of furious, but ended up not caring about it about an hour later.

Joined Aug 25, 2008
I remember I gave my little brother a pair of autographed kobes. Little punk tried to sale them a year later. Had to put him in a choke hold and take my kicks back

Joined Aug 11, 2008
it wouldnt bother me that much really its a gift to him/her they can do whatever they want with it now that its theirs
tho my reaction would be like
"Yo i bought him that !@#$ and he selling it?!"
"ehh oh well !@#$ it"

Joined Jul 3, 2010
I do it all the time so I can't judge. I hate gifts in general. I don't like buying material goods unless it's something I REALLY want/need, so I'm not gonna keep a gift just because it's cool for a gift.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now