How would you feel if you discover that someone tried to sell a gift you gave them?

So I was on facebook today and on my newsfeed I see my homeboy commented on someone's picture and then it turned into a conversation. The other guy asked him if he still had the item for sale. And he answered that he decided to keep it. I know him and his family are going through some financial difficulties, but it kind of bothers me. How would you feel?

Edit: It was a G-shock watch.

It typically wouldn't bother me especially if they needed the money.
If it were a sentimental item such as a collectable, ring or expensive item then it might irk me a little.

You cant get a serious response without posting the item.

It would really depend on how intimate the item was. Anything like shoes or a TV or anything material like that shouldn't matter, ESPECIALLY if you know hes going through financial troubles. And to top it off he still decided to keep it.

It was a G-shock watch. Yes he decided to keep it, but at one point it was up for sale. I don't know about you all, but I wouldn't sell something someone gave me as a gift. I'm not completely mad though. 

honestly i wouldn't care.its theirs ,they can do what they want with it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

So I was on facebook today and on my newsfeed I see my homeboy commented on someone's picture and then it turned into a conversation. The other guy asked him if he still had the item for sale. And he answered that he decided to keep it. I know him and his family are going through some financial difficulties, but it kind of bothers me. How would you feel?

Edit: It was a G-shock watch.

Depending on how crazy his financial situation is affecting him and his family and how close we are, I wouldn't mind giving him more gifts to sell

I think my thought process would be as follows....
Wow he is selling the watch i gave him...he told me he liked it though

That's kind of messed up

Well if i had a gift i would tell the person i liked it too even if i didn't just to be nice

I wouldn't want to have a nice gift that i don't want just sitting in my room collecting dust

I would probably sell it too if i were him

I don't really mind

My girlfriend bought me the olnl pack for my birthday release day and I sold it a few weeks ago. Actually she gave me half.

Just means you obviously don't know them well enough to give them a gift.
Who cares, you're not married.

I wouldn't mind if they returned it for a gift card so I don't mind if they sell it.

Happened to me before.
laugh.gif

I gave my co-worker a book that he wanted, but later sold it for only $1 on Craigslist. When I heard about it I was was kind of furious, but ended up not caring about it about an hour later.

I remember I gave my little brother a pair of autographed kobes. Little punk tried to sale them a year later. Had to put him in a choke hold and take my kicks back
roll.gif

it wouldnt bother me that much really its a gift to him/her they can do whatever they want with it now that its theirs
tho my reaction would be like
"Yo i bought him that !@#$ and he selling it?!"
"ehh oh well !@#$ it"

I do it all the time so I can't judge. I hate gifts in general. I don't like buying material goods unless it's something I REALLY want/need, so I'm not gonna keep a gift just because it's cool for a gift.

Back
Top Bottom