How would you guys handle this situation vol. parents

Im 23, senior in college, and currently living at home. My parents are arguing, something i really couldnt care about. Marriage issues, whatever. But I come to find out that my dad is putting words in my mouth to try and hurt my mom( moreso the lying on me gets me angry, than than the insults), saying stuff he has no ide about me, and then has the audacity to insult my dead grandfather, somebody I liked a whole lot more than him. Now Im not 1 to really ever get angry, but thats 3 things I dont really mess with.

Now Im not trying to get into their arguments, and I dont wanna get kicked out of the house( she pays most of the bills, so I should be fine), but I feel like I cant let something like that go unchecked. What to do

Dude...
You're gettin' a Dell!

just finish youre education son. and get a job and leave the nest. that was easy, most of NTers are sensitive folks. you may be one of them.

What did he lie on you about?

What did he say about your grandfather?

said I told him the reason I have relationship issues with chicks ( I actually dont. thats the weird thing) is because I said I wouldnt want to be with a chick like my mom and get trapped forever.

and basically things like youre just like ur father ( grand pops), nobody liked him yadda yadda yadda. Other stuff.

Im just like you wanna throw insults, fine just dont include my "words" and badmouth a really cool person whos gone

just finish youre education son. and get a job and leave the nest. that was easy, most of NTers are sensitive folks. you may be one of them.

thats the thing,, usually I dont care. But I just felt that some things you shouldnt let go that easy. Cant have some1 being a habitual linestepper

Last edited:
I think it's time for you to move out. It's a marriage squabble, don't get involved. It's your parents, not your place. If your mom wants to fact check with what your dad says she can.

As far as your grand pops, is that your moms pops or dads pop, either way they probably had a different relationship than what you did. Again, not your place.

Basically don't get involved and **** as soon as possible.

One thing I hate is when people argue and they try to rope you in.

I'm not trying to sound tough,but if I KNOW someone is throwing **** out there saying that I said it... and I didn't... i'd step to them about it (parent or not).

Pops is violating with the lies and he needs to keep you out of the foolishness between he and HIS wife.

Had the same thing happen to me during my parents divorce when I was 10. Pops kept telling me how bad my mom has been and showing me pictures of guys she might be hanging out with so I could be mad at her when she comes home. So stupid but I didn't know at that time.

I would stay out of their arguments and just straight up tell them you don't want to be involved in their problems. At 10, I also said i dont care about their arguments. If worst comes to worst, your dad's gonna move out so you'll live with your mom. If not, just start working in small jobs to save up for your own house. Your mom might help you too.

Good luck man. It's just another crack in your road of life. Don't get too stressed out about it.

Last edited:
Dog your a grown man. Stay outta their problems, but if he's putting words in your mouth you outta call that out. As for the grandfather comments he's probably just talking outta anger. Don't take it to the heart.

Back
Top Bottom