How would you think? How can you imagine?

A few friends and I discussed this over the weekend and over a few drinks...But...If you were born blind, how can you imagine? or if you were born deaf, in what language would you think to yourself in? Just wondering in what some of your answers are...

philosoraptor= you.
thats actually a good question. i have no idea. can deaf people even think to themselves? do they visualize hand signs in their head?

well my mother in law is actually deaf, and I've asked her before, but I found out she wasn't born deaf, she actually had some bone in her ear F*** her hearing up. So from memory, she says she remembers how words sounds and can think to her self in English/spanish...

Originally Posted by Weekz

philosoraptor= you.
thats actually a good question. i have no idea. can deaf people even think to themselves? do they visualize hand signs in their head?

Did you just call him a dinosaur?

Depends on if they were born deaf and/or blind, I would think.

I'm not sure how deaf people would think...I would guess in symbols and with pictures. Unless you're talking to yourself, we rarely think with words, so I would guess their process is similar in that regard. In trying to imagine, it'd be like instead of thinking "I need to take down this message on a notepad" they would simply think
1083254_notepad.jpg

Blind people, however, can definitely imagine shapes fairly accurately. They might have a hard time describing it to someone if they were born blind because they don't really ever get to see shapes and can't make the mental connections with imagery like people who can see can, but they can draw and construct things for sure. Especially blind people who have incorporated echo-location in their life.

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

Originally Posted by Weekz

philosoraptor= you.

Did you just call him a dinosaur?
philosoraptor1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom