Howard Schultz to sue Clay Bennett and get the team back

It all hinges on whatever is in the side letter that was part of the original deal. Sounds like there was a specific clause that said Clay had to honor thelease through 2010 as it was declared by the agreement between the franchise and the city and make a good faith effort in the span of the first 12 months toget an arena deal done. Anyone with half a brain realizes none of that happened (or is happening). So this will be interesting to see play out. Clay will havetwo lawsuits to deal with, and possibly a third with the season ticket holders filing a class action.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sonics/2004349361_schultz15.html

pimp.gif

Nice. Clay Bennett'$ wallet does not deserve to be rewarded

Also, nobody knows exactly what that side letter says except for Howard, Clay and probably Stern, so I wouldn't pay attention to any "legal"reporting from know-it-all-sports columnists unless that info is actually released. Once the suit is filed, there's a good chance that will be released byHoward, to fuel the media frenzy.

I just hope its ultimately not a "just for show" lawsuit by Mr. Schultz to improve his image in Seattle... if the team does move, it'll give himthe chance to say "at least I tried"...

It seems like Seattle is doing the crying but hasn't done anything worthy to keep the sonics there..unless someone can show me other wise(granted i haventfollowed closely) this team just just go to OKC and get it over with

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

It seems like Seattle is doing the crying but hasn't done anything worthy to keep the sonics there..unless someone can show me other wise(granted i havent followed closely) this team just just go to OKC and get it over with

one group put together 150$ mil to help renovate key arena
a couple former players put together a project to build a billion dollar sports arena

save our sonics group

howard schultz

save out sonics

I never understood why Howard Schultz sold the team anyway. He's the czar of Starbucks.

And what's wrong with Key Arena? It looks like a cool stage to play on.

Schultz
smokin.gif

Clay Bennett
alien.gif

Hopefully this goes through. those sneaky bastards better not get away with this

I hope Schultz is sincere about this lawsuit and isn't doing this just for his image.

i dont want to see the team move to OKC so i hope they can stay in seattle....its obvious bennett bought the sonics w/ the intentions of moving them to OKC assoon as he could.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

I just hope its ultimately not a "just for show" lawsuit by Mr. Schultz to improve his image in Seattle... if the team does move, it'll give him the chance to say "at least I tried"...
first thing that came to my mind, but i guess schultz is taking a big hit with talks of team moving.

if he does pull this off and buy the team back, i might drink a starbucks coffee to celebrate
laugh.gif

Ehh...this might be just a damage control move...it is going to be very hard to prove there wasn't a 'good will' effort to keep the team inSeattle, unless the courts feel the e-mail evidence is enough...

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

It seems like Seattle is doing the crying but hasn't done anything worthy to keep the sonics there..unless someone can show me other wise(granted i havent followed closely) this team just just go to OKC and get it over with
Well you shouldn't speak on things you know nothing about. Beside for probably raising a trillion dollars, it doesnt matter any kind of monetaryvalue or what fans try and to do to save the sonics. Bennett wants its his way, and that's the way it is.

I don't know what is going on with this "side letter," but it does look like an attempt for Schultz to put on some sort of heroes mask even ifthe Sonics still move. Timing seems a bit off, he could've done this a long time ago.

This whole damn situation seems fishy...However, enough with the negatives. I sure really dang darn do hope that he saves the team. That would be a goodfeeling for sure.

mrmossyman, i've always wondered if you live in New York or Minnesota...

great news
pimp.gif

I really hope Schultz pulls this through. There's already a lawsuit from the City of Seattle so this gives us a good shot of staying.

Back
Top Bottom