Howard Stern fires shots at Gabourey Sidibe.

Howard Stern and his sidekick Robin Quivers says Gabourey Sidibe will never have a career because she is an enormous Black chick and she doesn’t look like anyone else in Hollywood
. Did he have to mention her race?

You know people talked about Whoopi Goldberg looks too but she is one of only ten people who has a Tony, Emmy, Oscar and a Grammy. They talked about Oprah Winfrey’s weight and isn’t she now a billionaire?

I’m not saying being obese is healthy but I am saying Stern and his sidekick were obnoxious in their commentary. You never hear anyone getting on overweight men in Hollywood, they only talk about women who might not fit their cookie-cutter mold.� SMH.

Gabourey has signed to appear on Showtime’s The Big C and has three movies in the works.

Sidebar: Here's her audition tape for the role of Precious.

For a girl with no formal training, that was stellar.

Robins cans
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Robins cans
smokin.gif
sick.gif

mytmouse76

the movie was good but i'm so sick of everyone telling her she looks beautiful on red carpets and %*%!...

agreed. and as for what Howard said, some of it I could understand, but I just wouldn't put it in such harsh words. and saying that she'll never get another acting job again is just ignorant. who is he to say that? he doenst know what the future has in store fore her. I'm sure she'll get plenty of rolls.

the movie was good but i'm so sick of everyone telling her she looks beautiful on red carpets and %*%!...

i do agree fat men get a pass in hollywood but it wouldn't hurt for her to fix her self up...

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i do agree fat men get a pass in hollywood but it wouldn't hurt for her to fix her self up...
She looked decent compared to how she usually looks. BUT yes she does need to fix herself up....lose some weight and she will be better on the eyes.

he's right.
What other rolls (pun intended) is she going to play?

any other stern fans here?

I don't agree at all with how he said it, but unfortunately, he's right. It's a shame because she's a great actress, but with Hollywood's standards of beauty, she would be lucky to get another starring role. 

I am huuuuuuge Howard Stern fan but I think ranting on this chick is just like making fun of the handicap (no offense). It just isn't right....even if he is right in some sense.

Cocki-oki seemed so funny. And that Riley Steel sibeon with Tracy Morgan was sooo funny. Her junk is glistening! Haha!

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

Robins cans
smokin.gif
sick.gif

mytmouse76

agreed. and as for what Howard said, some of it I could understand, but I just wouldn't put it in such harsh words. and saying that she'll never get another acting job again is just ignorant. who is he to say that? he doenst know what the future has in store fore her. I'm sure she'll get plenty of rolls.

alien.gif
have a seat

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

Robins cans
smokin.gif
sick.gif

mytmouse76

SeeWhatYouDidOwl.jpg

He's right and for those mad at how Stern said it, get over it. Howard has always been like that and will never change. I for one am glad that he's not politically correct.

a radio show in Chicago already got on this topic yesterday. they made a great point, don't patronize her and us by saying she's beautiful.

i understand you are trying to speak about her inner beauty and the confidence she has.

she's an educated woman who is not the character she portrayed, yet everyone talks down to her like she is.

telling her she is beautiful is basically telling her, "hey your not as pretty as us. enjoy your short stay."

nobody told Kathy Bates she was pretty. She was just a good actress, why can't people tell her that?

After seeing her interviews, she is a smart person which only makes her performance all the more dazzling to me.

Ignorance aside....
lets look from another perspective...
Is he lying?

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

a radio show in Chicago already got on this topic yesterday. they made a great point, don't patronize her and us by saying she's beautiful.

i understand you are trying to speak about her inner beauty and the confidence she has.

she's an educated woman who is not the character she portrayed, yet everyone talks down to her like she is.

telling her she is beautiful is basically telling her, "hey your not as pretty as us. enjoy your short stay."
exactly...

we all know what they are doing...

Talent can override physical attributes. Let's see if she can prove public opinion wrong. I'm all for her being in hollywood. Time to break these stupid, ignorant, self-centered, superficial, "it's all about the fame, fortune and beauty" stereotypes; that are for the most part true, that plague the red carpet.

i'm so sick of everyone telling her she looks beautiful on red carpets and %*%!...

You still self-hating on dark skin people?

starzinoureyes wrote:
on a side note, wale could get it.. over & over & over again.

sick.gif
 girl bye

white Kobe is
pimp.gif
and i don't even think Kobe is that nice looking...

agreed. and as for what Howard said, some of it I could understand, butI just wouldn't put it in such harsh words. and saying that she'llnever get another acting job again is just ignorant. who is he to saythat? he doenst know what the future has in store fore her. I'm sureshe'll get plenty of rolls.

nerd.gif
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom