How'd You Get Into College....?

Im in my later years in high school and like most...I am going to be attending college.

I was trying to get away from going to a CC but money at this time is crazy....

What did you guys do (NT community) to get into college?

It's a rather easy college to get into, they don't expect much if they accepted me.
laugh.gif

got mostly A's in high school, did good (enough) on my standardized tests and wrote good essays on my college applications.

man same with me
i only applied to Howard University

and im late with all the deadlines

Originally Posted by AsianQB

man same with me

You're Asian and you applied to Howard University?

I was too lazy to play to a University here in California, because I didn't want to write a personal statement. My GPA was a 3.51 when I graduated, sothere was no need for me to take SAT's to apply to a State college, then bam got accepted, and doing well in my first year.

I applied to a bunch of UC's.
Forgot that I even applied to the college I'm attending right now, but decided to take the offer since it was the best.
And I wouldn't change a thing about it.

As long as you got your connects (teachers, principals, smart students, etc.) to help you out, you're good to go. Most importantly determination andmotivation. You ain't getting anywhere if you don't have that.
My GPA was only 3.1 when I got accepted, surprisingly I'm among 5% of my (college) class within that GPA range.

Originally Posted by AsianQB

man same with me

Howard sent me an acceptance letter and a scholarship and i didn't even apply. They tryna play me for med school tho.
smh.gif

For college
Did well on SATs, and 3 SAT 2s
Good GPA with honors/AP courses
Varsity sports (football captain senior year
smokin.gif
)
community service
extracurriculars

Just try your best in school and apply broadly and smartly and you'll get in somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom