How'd You Get Into College....?

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by AsianQB

man same with me
i only applied to Howard University

and im late with all the deadlines
Howard sent me an acceptance letter and a scholarship and i didn't even apply. They tryna play me for med school tho.
smh.gif

For college
Did well on SATs, and 3 SAT 2s
Good GPA with honors/AP courses
Varsity sports (football captain senior year
smokin.gif
)
community service
extracurriculars

Just try your best in school and apply broadly and smartly and you'll get in somewhere.
word
im almost the same as you then

i got 1800 on the SAT's
Ap classes
Varsity Fooball Captain
Cross Country/ Track team
Asian Club President

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

man same with me
i only applied to Howard University

and im late with all the deadlines
Howard sent me an acceptance letter and a scholarship and i didn't even apply. They tryna play me for med school tho.
smh.gif

For college
Did well on SATs, and 3 SAT 2s
Good GPA with honors/AP courses
Varsity sports (football captain senior year
smokin.gif
)
community service
extracurriculars

Just try your best in school and apply broadly and smartly and you'll get in somewhere.
word
im almost the same as you then

i got 1800 on the SAT's
Ap classes
Varsity Fooball Captain
Cross Country/ Track team
Asian Club President

out of curiosity why did you apply for Horward being that you are Asian?

do you understand that it is a HBCU

haha yeah i know

I was looking for some sort of minority scholarships

and i've grown up with black people all my life. I can say 80% of my homies are black
so i dont got a problem with that

Originally Posted by pacers31

got mostly A's in high school, did good (enough) on my standardized tests and wrote good essays on my college applications.
exactly, along with a few extracurriculars including bball, softball, national honor society, volunteering and working.

Originally Posted by Lil Cao

I applied to a bunch of UC's.
Forgot that I even applied to the college I'm attending right now, but decided to take the offer since it was the best.
And I wouldn't change a thing about it.

As long as you got your connects (teachers, principals, smart students, etc.) to help you out, you're good to go. Most importantly determination and motivation. You ain't getting anywhere if you don't have that.
My GPA was only 3.1 when I got accepted, surprisingly I'm among 5% of my (college) class within that GPA range.
What college do you go to?

Damn yall dudes act like people from other races cant apply to HBCU's.

No u dont have to be black to go to an HBCU, yall trippen

Originally Posted by Dakingii

Damn yall dudes act like people from other races cant apply to HBCU's.

No u dont have to be black to go to an HBCU, yall trippen
Word, it's ok to go to a predominantly white school for minorities...but when a non-black person applies to an HBCU people ask questions.

I sent my application out 2 weeks before my HS graduation...no essay, no recommendations, no high SAT score, and got accepted the day before graduation-EASY.

I tried somewhat hard in HS, graduated with something like a 4.08. Had around 700 hours of community service, as well as a 2 year captain of the Tennis team. Iapplied to a handful of schools and went to 1 of the schools that accepted me. Easy.

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]Well during high school i was in upward bound for RI, got me to get alotta help w. college process. My junior/senior year i got a new counselor, turns out dude worked for a program at URI that helped minorities get into there. Basically the whole makeup ofURI is little than 10% black...if you're not in TD (the program) or a athlethe, you're not going to URI....dude hooked me up, coached me on what to doand i got in[/color]

Back
Top Bottom