HP Pavilion owners and computer savvy people... I NEED HELP!!!

So I own an HP Pavilion dv2000 laptop and I can't connect to the internet. I go to my Device Manager and see that my wireless internet modem thingisn't install anymore. I go to the HP site to download a driver and I don't know which one to download. Which one do I download? Do I download"modem" or "network"? Help, I'm clueless here.

Screenshot:
140iwic.png

Link:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us〈=en&product=1817074

Thanks for helping me out!

Wireless device...

...so I take it that I should not download whatever it is under "modem." Still, I don't know what to download under "Network."
ohwell.gif

My mom has a HP laptop or Compaq same company anyways now and her internal wireless adapter broke. So thats possible and probably 99% what happen.

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

My mom has a HP laptop or Compaq same company anyways now and her internal wireless adapter broke. So thats possible and probably 99% what happen.
Damn, I hope that didn't happen to mine. Someone also told me that it is possible that my internal wireless adapter got corrupted? How would Ifind out if that's what happened?

...Anyway, I still want to know if downloading a new driver will solve the problem.

Unfortunately this is a huge problem for many HP laptops. Seems like you have the problems described here:
If your computer's product number is listed above, and the notebook PC experiences one or more of the symptoms listed below, contact HP during the Duration of the HP Limited Warranty Service Enhancement to determine whether you are eligible for a free repair.
The following symptoms apply to Pavilion dv2000 and Presario v3000 notebooks:

*The notebook does not detect wireless networks and the wireless adapter is not detected in the Device Manager.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01087277

So how do you connect to the internet? Do you plug an ethernet cord in to your comp from a router/modem, or do you connect wirelessly to a router or some otherhub?

If it's by ethernet cord, then your problem may not actually be the computer.

If you connect wirelessly to a router/modem, try using a cable from the router/modem to the computer. If it works, then its your wireless adapter. If it juststopped working, then it probably isn't the driver... just do a system restore to a date when it was working. If that doesn't work, update the driver(Those drivers look outdated; go to your device manager and find out what the name of your wireless adapter is, then go on the manufacturer's site (mostlikely Intel), and download the newest one.. If it doesn't, then the problem is something else.

Originally Posted by torontoRaptor15

Unfortunately this is a huge problem for many HP laptops. Seems like you have the problems described here:
If your computer's product number is listed above, and the notebook PC experiences one or more of the symptoms listed below, contact HP during the Duration of the HP Limited Warranty Service Enhancement to determine whether you are eligible for a free repair.

*The notebook does not detect wireless networks and the wireless adapter is not detected in the Device Manager.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01087277

Damn, I hope that isn't the case with me. That would hella suck.

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

So how do you connect to the internet? Do you plug an ethernet cord in to your comp from a router/modem, or do you connect wirelessly to a router or some other hub?

If it's by ethernet cord, then your problem may not actually be the computer.

If you connect wirelessly to a router/modem, try using a cable from the router/modem to the computer. If it works, then its your wireless adapter. If it just stopped working, then it probably isn't the driver... just do a system restore to a date when it was working. If that doesn't work, update the driver (Those drivers look outdated; go to your device manager and find out what the name of your wireless adapter is, then go on the manufacturer's site (most likely Intel), and download the newest one.. If it doesn't, then the problem is something else.

Normally, I connect to the internet wirelessly. Right now, I'm connected to the internet via ethernet cable.

I did a few system restores. It didn't help. When I go to my device manager, it doesn't say anything about my wireless adapter
ohwell.gif
. I'll try to lookon Intel but is that where I download a driver for an HP computer? I figured since my computer is an HP Pavilion dv2000, I better go there for a driver (and Ifigured it'd be not outdated).

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

this is going to sounds real stupid... but do you have the physical wireless switch turned on?
Yes, I do.
laugh.gif

Even though it's switched on, it's not reading it on my computer. In fact, the wireless icon thing that would usually show up on my taskbar isn'tthere anymore.

2ahcpzq.png

It's supposed to look something like this...
w220j4.png

Same thing happened to my cousin's laptop. The wireless card wasn't listed in the device manager anymore either. I googled his laptopmodel number and the word wireless and a lot of ppl had the same problem. But HP will fix it for you free of charge. You have to call them and they'll sendyou a box to ship it to them. It should take no more than a week to get it back.

Originally Posted by VeEzyV

Same thing happened to my cousin's laptop. The wireless card wasn't listed in the device manager anymore either. I googled his laptop model number and the word wireless and a lot of ppl had the same problem. But HP will fix it for you free of charge. You have to call them and they'll send you a box to ship it to them. It should take no more than a week to get it back.

Really? Was his warranty still active when he sent it in? My warranty has been expired.
frown.gif

^ they extended the warranty on these laptops because 1 in 7 were shipped with a motherboard defect...I've had two of these and sent it in around 5-6 timesbecause of motherboard issues...

go to hp.com then support and go to contact us...call their technical support line and they will set it up for you...delete your nudes before you send itin....because sure as they will be staring...

oh and dont bothering wasting your time with bios, or installing wireless drivers...its a motherboard (hardware) issue not a software...so just save yourselfthe hassle...

Originally Posted by copped

^ they extended the warranty on these laptops because 1 in 7 were shipped with a motherboard defect...I've had two of these and sent it in around 5-6 times because of motherboard issues...

go to hp.com then support and go to contact us...call their technical support line and they will set it up for you...delete your nudes before you send it in....because sure as they will be staring...

oh and dont bothering wasting your time with bios, or installing wireless drivers...its a motherboard (hardware) issue not a software...so just save yourself the hassle...
Thank you very much! I will contact HP.

Back
Top Bottom