HTC HD2 or Nexus 1??....vol. T-mobile

So im thinking of upgrading my phone (unlocked iphone with no internet..only wifi) and was going to get 3g as well....dont know if i want to go with the HD2 or Nexus 1. I have heard bad things about windows mobile, but supposedly this phone corrects all past mistakes....plus i have a Mac so idk....anyone on NT know much about these two phones?

things im looking for in no order:
1. web browser..and speed of browsing
2. texting, mms, etc
3. overall speed of phone/user interface...
4. apps
5. overall makeup of phone, screen, videos, etc...

help me out!

The HD2 looks
pimp.gif

When does it come out?

There is an HTC thread.
They are very on par but you can run android on WM phones(WM really isn't that bad especially if you have an HTC phone which you can hack) and you can also run Ubuntu(with no phone service of course) and the BB OS. WM phones also have Office Mobile which comes in handy. But really though you are better testing them out, it comes down to preference. But you can only get the Nexus One from Google. I rather get the HD2 though, bigger screen and I really like the UI.

Based on my current experience/ struggle with my Windows Mobile phone I'd say Nexus One

I ditched my iPhone and any phone since is unsatisfactory for me

I have zero complaints with my Nexus 1, but I'm sure a majority of the answers here will be to wait for the HD2

Personally, I'd roll with the HD2. For one, the price point is a little bit easier on the pockets.

Yeah, yeah, yeah--it has WinMo on it....we know. The real attraction is the Sense UI for me, since I probably won't navigate outside of it too much.

And for me, Android isn't THAT great. It's cool and all but it doesn't do anything that makes me have to have it over any other OS. So throw in the HD2's specs and I'm sold on it.

is android really that much better than Winmo??

also ^ that link doesn't work...whats it about?

I am an ex winmob user, ex iphone user, ex blackberry user, and current nexus one user. i switched to android from an iphone
things im looking for in no order:
1. web browser..and speed of browsing
if im not mistaken, both have the same processor so the difference between them should be minimal. The android browser is the second best on the market imo after the iphone browser so i would give the slight edge to the nexus one.

2. texting, mms, etc
i love this aspect of the nexus one. great notifications keep you in the loop in regards to all types of messages. whether its fb posts, tweets, sms, or emails. This is much better than how the iphone does it with the bubbles on txts but if you miss the pop ups, theres an app that will utilize them when you get a txt on android. Also, you can replace the sms app with any messaging app in the market and the keyboard is replaceable as well. i recommend using swype.

3. overall speed of phone/user interface...
I am a huge fan of android but it will take a little bit of getting use to it if you are coming from an iphone but once you get use to it, you will love it. the ability to multitask is great on this phone. I love listening to Pandora, while reading my email and catching up on tweets. The widgets are great and provide quick info on the home screen. I hear that the htc “sense

moneyballer-

that was awesome man, thanks for that!

couple of questions....

is it easy to hack/jailbreak the nexus?.....and if so, will there be any worries of the phone not working, like the iphone??....like u mentioned the swype keyboard...will that be easy to get, etc?

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy12

moneyballer-

couple of questions....

is it easy to hack/jailbreak the nexus?.....and if so, will there be any worries of the phone not working, like the iphone??....like u mentioned the swype keyboard...will that be easy to get, etc?
1. It's fairly easy to root (hack) an android phone. If you have any experience with computers, it'll be a breeze. If not, there are numerous tutorials and forum boards that can help you. (this one included.)

2. You run the risk of bricking (disabling) your phone whenever you mess with the software. But as long as you follow directions exactly, you shouldn't have any issues.

3. It's as easy as downloading a file, transferring it via usb, and tapping "install." I think some keyboards might actually be in the android market as well, but it depends on what kind of ROM you have on your Nexus 1, if you choose to replace it after rooting. (I changed mine to the Desire ROM to get flash early, so there are apps that won't work with mine.)

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

moneyballer-

couple of questions....

1. It's fairly easy to root (hack) an android phone. If you have any experience with computers, it'll be a breeze. If not, there are numerous tutorials and forum boards that can help you. (this one included.)

2. You run the risk of bricking (disabling) your phone whenever you mess with the software. But as long as you follow directions exactly, you shouldn't have any issues.

3. It's as easy as downloading a file, transferring it via usb, and tapping "install." I think some keyboards might actually be in the android market as well, but it depends on what kind of ROM you have on your Nexus 1, if you choose to replace it after rooting. (I changed mine to the Desire ROM to get flash early, so there are apps that won't work with mine.)

popcornplaya is right on with his post. Swype was easy to get and is readily available from swypeinc.com or you can find the install online.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

is android really that much better than Winmo??
from my personal experience, oh yeaaaa.
The only thing that really kept WM going was HTC and the user community behind it. Windows Phone 7 really looks like it can compete with the big three now. I just hope it's still hackable.

man its def a tough decision....

when android updates come out.. it will be fairly easy to come across right?

yeah, its over-the-air updates but if you dont want to wait, you can install them yourself fairly easily.

It's about what you're lookin for in a phone. If u are heavy into social networking and things like that then Android is ur poison. If u like a move business oriented phone then WM is ur vice, either way u can't go wrong. WinMo is pretty great as far as customization. WinMo7 will be able to be put on the HD2, that's one of the reasons they boosted up the specs.

The HD2 should come w/ 700+mb of RAM/ROM and a 1ghz processor. the Nexus One only has the 1ghz snapdragon but 512mb of RAM/ROM

I like WinMo personally for the simplicity of it and MS Office Mobile. I play w/ my girls Cliq (no pun intended
laugh.gif
) every once in a while but every update messes her phone up for some reason and she don't want it rooted.

I think hacking a WinMo phone is easier than rooting Android also. XDA Developers make u proud of owning a WinMo phone
pimp.gif

I say wait for the HD2 to drop then try and fool w/ it to see if u like it any, if not, just buy the N1

Back
Top Bottom