Huarache 2k4 appreciation :hat

Originally Posted by jmizzo

i didn't like the big sole sticking out of the back of the 2k5s, I had someone step on mine and ripped the sole right off the shoe....

2k4 fan myself...
This.

Originally Posted by macgyver35

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Originally Posted by clkru

I'm more of a 2k5 guy myself...
QFT

2K4 = Better looking
2K5 = Better performing
How about comfort? i felt like the h2k4>h2k5 as far as comfort. although not by much. outsole was better on the h2k5..
The outsole didn't bother me on the 2K5. I just felt like the 2K5s were tanks, but I admit I balled the hell outta two pairs (Kobe LA Street Maps and all blacks) and only balled in one pair of 2K4s a fewtimes...

But I will say the straps did suck on both.

definitely appreciated! here's a few of my favorite pairs that i own.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I really like the 2k4 feel, more so because of the full length zoom, but the strap is pretty weak. I've grown to like shoes with straps (ie LebronIV's) because of the lock down feel. the 2k4's cushioning is sooo soft, it feels like youre playin with pillows on your feet. The sz 9's I justpicked up are too big but I'd like to try to find some 8.5's. They're worth it!!!

Originally Posted by 555fresh

I really like the 2k4 feel, more so because of the full length zoom, but the strap is pretty weak. I've grown to like shoes with straps (ie Lebron IV's) because of the lock down feel. the 2k4's cushioning is sooo soft, it feels like youre playin with pillows on your feet. The sz 9's I just picked up are too big but I'd like to try to find some 8.5's. They're worth it!!!

hate to burst your bubble, but the 2k4 are far from Full Lenth zoom, infact they barely have forfoot zoom (small zoom back under the bigtoe of your foot) theseshoes are good, they were my fav shoes till the AZK1 came out...

^^^its so funny how everyone thinks up the 2k4s because they are widely loved. i personally didnt really like them.

^^ Same here.. I mean I like them and all and they are good shoes, BUT nothin that great..

BB1>2k4 ANYDAY!

Originally Posted by macgyver35

Originally Posted by clkru

I'm more of a 2k5 guy myself...
QFT

2K4 = Better looking
2K5 = Better performing
How about comfort? i felt like the h2k4>h2k5 as far as comfort. although not by much. outsole was better on the h2k5..
The outsole didn't bother me on the 2K5. I just felt like the 2K5s were tanks, but I admit I balled the hell outta two pairs (Kobe LA Street Maps and all blacks) and only balled in one pair of 2K4s a few times...

But I will say the straps did suck on both.

yeah i have those white street map of LA pairs and then the black/purple kobe pair. Love the white maps, i don't even ball in them, just rock themcasually.

you definetly have to wear socks that will rise above the strap, but I found the strap to be acceptable.

Originally Posted by wooballer20

^^ Same here.. I mean I like them and all and they are good shoes, BUT nothin that great..

BB1>2k4 ANYDAY!

negative

k4s anyday.

i've played in the bb1s, nothing great... that shoe was all hype man.

I was all happy when i copped with a 50% and i seriously didnt feel like i got my moneys worth...

bb1 was all hype. oh "woopty woop woop"...

the ankle support was nice but ehh... I asked for a sz11 in the zk2 that year i believe.

Originally Posted by never wear them

Originally Posted by wooballer20

BB1>2k4 ANYDAY!

negative

k4s anyday.

i've played in the bb1s, nothing great... that shoe was all hype man.

I was all happy when i copped with a 50% and i seriously didnt feel like i got my moneys worth...

bb1 was all hype. oh "woopty woop woop"...

the ankle support was nice but ehh... I asked for a sz11 in the zk2 that year i believe.

How about appreciation for the 2k4 Metals? Probably the sleekest looking cleats when worn in the right fashion.

I balled in 2k4s and there are a lot of other bball shoes I think are better... zoom 2k3, air max elite, hyperdunk

I missed out on the 2K4's when they first came out. My first pair of Huarache's were the 2K5. I remember reading this thread a week or 2 ago while Iwas on holidays in London UK. What was funny was I walked into a TK Maxx in Hammersmith (TJ maxx/Winners for us north americans) later that day and I found mea pair of 2K4's Black/Grey in my size (8.5) for 30 pounds (I think approx $50 Cdn). There were also a few pairs of 2K5's in the laker colorway in size12 and 13 for 30 pounds.

Can't wait to try these out.

The 2K4's has to be considered one of Nike's best b-ball shoes ever made in my opinion. I still love hoopingin mines!!
happy.gif

2mgkweh.jpg
11aa59g.jpg
33xfnmu.jpg
2hzmzpz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom