Huarache 2K4 is Back 2016

Foot Locker has them for $79
yup
happy.gif
 finally snag a pair of the Uconn with $15 off VIP coupon, $70.84 out the door is a steal
smokin.gif
 glad I waited for clearance prices
roll.gif

Last edited:
On sale @ Eastbay.  Just copped another black/yellow pair.

I probably have around 25 pairs now. 

This is pretty much the only shoe i've balled in since 2004, with the exception of the Kobe 8.  Haven't really ventured into any other shoe over the past 12 years.

Easily top 10 performance shoe of all time.

Last edited:
Anyone else been playing in their 2k4s and loving them? I'm especially curious from those who had the 2012 retro pairs. I have been playing for a month in mine and now my knee, back, and random pains have gone away. I dumped the D Rose 6 and am totally happy, which is weird. You'd think Boost would kill these but I was actually in the MOST pain I've ever been in in a shoe while wearing those (especially my Achilles heels, omg!).

I'm curious from others who have the leather and non suede color ways. Are the nubuck pairs like the originals as far as the sock like fit and cushioning are concerned?
I've played in the 2004 and 2012 pair.  The 2012 black/yellows ripped in the forefoot 'flex' area and near the heel on the lateral side.  I think this is a common problem with the retros. My buddy's UConn (2016) pair also ripped in the same spots tsk. I hope my ones stay safe.  

I've gone either 9-9.5 with these.  I find the nubuck pairs are more comfortable to play in.  I felt the white/purple colour was a lot more stiff, but more durable.  I also played in the leather OT pair - those were great.  The Lasers were stiff as bricks, but neck-breakers for sure.  Favourite colourway of all time is between the grey/grey or black/grey.

Pretty much have 80% off all GR colorways at home.  

I've played in the 2004 and 2012 pair.  The 2012 black/yellows ripped in the forefoot 'flex' area and near the heel on the lateral side.  I think this is a common problem with the retros. My buddy's UConn (2016) pair also ripped in the same spots tsk. I hope my ones stay safe.  

I've gone either 9-9.5 with these.  I find the nubuck pairs are more comfortable to play in.  I felt the white/purple colour was a lot more stiff, but more durable.  I also played in the leather OT pair - those were great.  The Lasers were stiff as bricks, but neck-breakers for sure.  Favourite colourway of all time is between the grey/grey or black/grey.

Pretty much have 80% off all GR colorways at home.  

Yea, my Uconns have split along the forefoot as well. Doesn't effect the performance but still a bummer and makes you worry a bit. Not sure if it is a material thing, but these are holding up better than my 2012 pair durability-wise. I did have to exchange my first pair of Uconns because of a rip in the same place but I really did it because I just needed a smaller size (had never hopped in the suede color ways until this year). Still loving my pair 2 or 3 months later [emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji]. Cushioning is still awesome and the strap actually works and doesn't pop off this time around. Good job Nike!

Last edited:
Brick and mortar Jimmy Jazz in Grand Rapids had UCONN color way for 79. Black and maize was $89.

so anyone could help to confirm, this year's retro has a better quality than last retro?

My Uconn pair is definitely. How much better is up for debate, as mine still has some quality issues in the upper. The midsole and Zoom is way better and isn't hard this time; they're perfectly responsive like the OGs. I want to get another pair but am also tempted to get some Crazy Explosives...

$65 shipped new 
smokin.gif

I caught a seller on eBay with a worn 1x pair of the black/maize - they were hardly used $50 shipped so I was happy.  So good to have these again despite all the other greats kicks I've got in the rotation, still love playing in these

$65 shipped new 
smokin.gif

I caught a seller on eBay with a worn 1x pair of the black/maize - they were hardly used $50 shipped so I was happy.  So good to have these again despite all the other greats kicks I've got in the rotation, still love playing in these
I might have seen that one but I get worried if they don't list that they're the 2016 pair because they came out with a Black/Maize colorway in 2012 as well.  For me, the All-Star and Uconns are a definite safe bet, but I would be ticked if they came in and they were the 2012 pair

My Uconn pair is definitely. How much better is up for debate, as mine still has some quality issues in the upper. The midsole and Zoom is way better and isn't hard this time; they're perfectly responsive like the OGs. I want to get another pair but am also tempted to get some Crazy Explosives...
Appreciate the info.

Yes my two pairs black/maize from 2012 cracked on the upper after casual wear, my black/red pair indeed was ok, not sure if it is because the plastic upper.

I might have seen that one but I get worried if they don't list that they're the 2016 pair because they came out with a Black/Maize colorway in 2012 as well.  For me, the All-Star and Uconns are a definite safe bet, but I would be ticked if they came in and they were the 2012 pair
I hear you! For some reason I felt like there was a giveaway that they were 2016s either in the description or the size tag. But either way, definitely have to watch out for what you're getting

Which colorway is the most durable for outdoor hoop. I copped the grey uni blue pair and didnt realize they were all nubuck. Will they hold up? I realize they gonna get messed up anyways playin outdoors but want to reserve the sexy for a while at the same time.

Should i have copped the uconn colorway instead?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom