HUARACHE LE RETRO 30th anniversary release this year???

Resin showed up today, and this is my final pair of Huaraches until they get the sizing right. This time around I went up 2 full sizes up (13) from my normal Jordan size (11) and they fit perfectly. I am thinking about parting from all the other pairs I bought in a 11.5 and 12 due to my toes squishing against the front of the shoe.
This just made me try on some pairs I bought and I definitely need to go another size up, size 12 in Michigan and Resin if it can help someone here, or taking them to the factory store

There's no excuse for every color not being retroed and retroed exactly as the OG was.

I say that because they've released tons of colorways, so if one of these stupid designers wanted to get some new stuff in, they definitely got their chance. There's like 20 non-OG colorways of these and most of them are no good.

Michigans are really cheap on Nike.com, I think $66 dollars or less.
Got em for $45 from a Black Friday sale. Who says great sneakers aren’t readily available?

image.jpg

women's release was electro purple

mens' release was hyper grape.

no idea why they changed the shade of purple used...but only the men's release had the proper tongue patch.

1-nike-air-huarache-purple-punch-1991-nil-kicks-box.jpeg
Screen Shot 2023-03-19 at 10.35.03 PM.png

note quite the same
And this is Hyper Grape which is on sale now at NDC-JP at around $54 (only few sizes left)…
B536EDC7-7C02-423F-8C25-97B082FEED82.jpeg

BTW, 91 QS that was released few years ago was actually dubbed as Purple Punch iirc tho.
9568C169-3E7F-4EE2-98B4-0F60E4158918.jpeg

And…, currently debating whether I should go for this (which is approx. $69+ including s/h on NDC-JP right now until April 3rd)…
AEA1556F-CBE1-4AEC-86DD-DA4E8DE809D5.jpeg

Envy y’all that got Michigan sooo cheap. Nike hasn’t released that colorway somehow here in Japan…

Last edited:
And this is Hyper Grape which is on sale now at NDC-JP at around $54 (only few sizes left)…
B536EDC7-7C02-423F-8C25-97B082FEED82.jpeg

BTW, 91 QS that was released few years ago was actually dubbed as Purple Punch iirc tho.
9568C169-3E7F-4EE2-98B4-0F60E4158918.jpeg

And…, currently debating whether I should go for this (which is approx. $69+ including s/h on NDC-JP right now until April 3rd)…
View attachment 3107273

Envy y’all that got Michigan sooo cheap. Nike hasn’t released that colorway somehow here in Japan…
The shade of purple on the second pic you sent is great. Closer to the OG for sure. I wish I could get ahold of that exact pair. I just don’t really like the less vibrant purple they used on the hyper grapes . Maybe seeing them in person would change my mind. The insole on those white and black ones is dope . It’s got like the air mowabb font but it says Huarache obviously

Anyone have the social fc pair and can comment if the sizing is like the OG versions?

Also is it just me or does this pair have a boxier toe box?
Img_2023_03_31_01_01_43.jpeg

Man, I might bite the bullet on End for this pair... do they fit like all the recent Huaraches? I went full size up.
My pair is a 10.5 and fits perfectly. I’m confused these days on if true size is 10.5 or 10, lol. But a .5 size down for me would be tight, probably could rock a 11, but would probably have a bit more wiggle room.

Sadly 11. But if you see any more pop up somewhere holla at your boy. My outlets only have the fugly huaraches for the most part.
Yeah it was maybe 6-8 pairs left and it had an additional 30% off on the price holder… I’ll hit you up next time…

Just got my sz 13 orcas from FNL, I need some input from y'all as this is my second pair of Huaraches.
First pair was the 2018 pink/blue with OG tag. This pair at 13 fit like a glove. I'm sure anything smaller would be too small.

I've tried a 12.5 in a orca that I came across at an outlet last month and it was pretty tight, the Crater versions at one size up to 13 was too big and 12 was too tight.

Now these orcas at 13 are fairly snug. Something I might be able to manage but will have to try again.
I loved the 2018 fit and the upper also imo looked better with a shorter cut of lace holes. If you see my pic you'll see what I mean. The pink blue are shorter and also look a tad bit wider in the toe which is why they fit better to me.

Tl;Dr My questions, do all the recent OG versions fit like these orcas and did my pink blue toe box stretch a bit from wear?
What did the 90s OG pair look more like?

PXL_20230405_172808523~2.jpg

PXL_20230405_173028218.jpg

Just got my sz 13 orcas from FNL, I need some input from y'all as this is my second pair of Huaraches.
First pair was the 2018 pink/blue with OG tag. This pair at 13 fit like a glove. I'm sure anything smaller would be too small.

I've tried a 12.5 in a orca that I came across at an outlet last month and it was pretty tight, the Crater versions at one size up to 13 was too big and 12 was too tight.

Now these orcas at 13 are fairly snug. Something I might be able to manage but will have to try again.
I loved the 2018 fit and the upper also imo looked better with a shorter cut of lace holes. If you see my pic you'll see what I mean. The pink blue are shorter and also look a tad bit wider in the toe which is why they fit better to me.

Tl;Dr My questions, do all the recent OG versions fit like these orcas and did my pink blue toe box stretch a bit from wear?
What did the 90s OG pair look more like?

PXL_20230405_172808523~2.jpg

PXL_20230405_173028218.jpg
18s were best shape at that point, and the current shape is better and more accurate to the OGs.

Back
Top Bottom