Huh? Is this even legal or okay?

Well, i was browsing on craigslist with a purpose of finding a 4th Gen Toyota Supra before i hit the local police auctions for one. I run into this ad postedby a certified Toyota dealer, i'm shocked yet amazed at the same time. Is this okay for them to sell it for $66k, or anywhere near that ballpark range?Last time i checked, the Supra's MSRP isn't anywhere near that, so i'm guessing TF&TF franchise made it that popular. Heres the link:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ctd/1157675198.html

How would that be illegal? They can price it for whatever they want. Does it mean its going to sell? No. But they can price it as they please. Its like someonein the buy/sell forum asking 800$ for a pair of fusions. Will it sell? No... but they can price it however they want.

That $!$$ is sexy.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by tylerhundley

How would that be illegal? They can price it for whatever they want. Does it mean its going to sell? No. But they can price it as they please. Its like someone in the buy/sell forum asking 800$ for a pair of fusions. Will it sell? No... but they can price it however they want.
I say this because, for one it's obvious this isn't a private auction or anything. Secondly, it's being sold by a Toyota dealerthemselves so i would have thought they went by the MSRP rules, what makes me curious is...how do they have the balls to mark up the car's price like that,just because its been popularized. Lastly, a car's price can only depreciate, unless it's really an antique which i doubt the supra is
nerd.gif
. That's what i don't understand. Shoes are different, there's noactual kelly blue book for those.
tongue.gif

it's a pristine condition bone stock mk4 turbo supra with less than 9k miles.

if you can't understand why they are asking so much for it, perhaps this isn't the type of car for you.

Originally Posted by Mrmeeh2

Originally Posted by tylerhundley

How would that be illegal? They can price it for whatever they want. Does it mean its going to sell? No. But they can price it as they please. Its like someone in the buy/sell forum asking 800$ for a pair of fusions. Will it sell? No... but they can price it however they want.
I say this because, for one it's obvious this isn't a private auction or anything. Secondly, it's being sold by a Toyota dealer themselves so i would have thought they went by the MSRP rules, what makes me curious is...how do they have the balls to mark up the car's price like that, just because its been popularized. Lastly, a car's price can only depreciate, unless it's really an antique which i doubt the supra is
nerd.gif
. That's what i don't understand. Shoes are different, there's no actual kelly blue book for those.
tongue.gif

demand has always been high for these cars. the low mileage is the reason this one is so expensive. its a 15 year old car with 9000 miles. i think the price isa little high but i doubt its that far off

what do you think "MSRP rules" are?

MSRP = manufacturer's SUGGESTED retail price

because a manufacturer suggests what the price should be does not mean that is what the price will be. once the manufacturer sells the car to the dealership,they can sell it for any price they feel gets them the best return on their investment.

Originally Posted by jae oh en

if you can't understand why they are asking so much for it, perhaps this isn't the type of car for you.

Couldn't have said it better... On another note, being a ford guy, I never payed close attention to the stock seats that came with these. Those thingslook sexy as hell! That motor alone is worth a pretty penny. Nevermind the entire car with that amount of mileage on it.

Originally Posted by jae oh en

qft

also, it's perfectly legal/okay for them to sell for whatever price they want. if you don't like it, don't buy it; i'm sure if that thinglegitimately only has 8857 miles, someone with enough money will gladly buy it instead of you.

Originally Posted by osubass1

what do you think "MSRP rules" are?

MSRP = manufacturer's SUGGESTED retail price

because a manufacturer suggests what the price should be does not mean that is what the price will be. once the manufacturer sells the car to the dealership, they can sell it for any price they feel gets them the best return on their investment.

The supra value is only on the rise man.. b/c they don't make that car anymore oh yea and be careful becasue there engine is different ... it's run bya rotary engine if I'm not mistaken and if you blow some @!%@ up you gonna have a hard hard hard hard hard hard hard hard time trying to find a mechanicthat know how to work on rotary engines... these mechanics are also rare... so what do you think they gonna charge a very high price... i think it cost more tokeep up a supra than a beamer.
smile.gif

All I want is to make love to a K24 engine... all man, I would need lots of oil
and a LSD ****** on the side
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom