Hunter Pence to the Phils

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

The new ownership needs to tale control ASAP and get Wades behind out of Houston. He was never a good GM. Never will be.

I was watching the Brewer game when they pulled Pence.  You could read his lips when coming off the field that he got traded.  Didn't look too happy about it.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by Proshares

I still can't believe we're at a deadline where Hunter Pence snags two blue chip prospects and could have had a third
laugh.gif
I think Houston did a good job here but Philly won as well. Team control for a couple years and the RH power bat they were missing.

I don't think anyone should consider Pence a power bat, he is a really good young player, has a potential to be a star and has some pop, but I don't think he'll be hitting 30 bombs a year. He is a contact guy, who can hit .290 steal 30 bases 20-25 hrs 90 rbi.

I like Pence and in that Phillies lineup I think he will fit really well.
20-25 is still power is this league now....plus their other ofs don't hit HR

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Just another hitter who will get dominated by Giants pitching.
Phillies will work the Giants this year, I really hope we play them again and god damn looking at Zito's salary
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
$18.5 million

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Phillies will work the Giants this year, I really hope we play them again and god damn looking at Zito's salary
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
$18.5 million

the giants were supposed to get worked by the phillies last year.

i hope this is still the thinking come october.

i think i rather have pence than betran though. phillies countered nicely.

astros fan checking in.

good trade IMO. pence isn't really going to get any better and you're not gonna win anytime soon. no one on this team is untouchable. wish we could have got dominique brown too

Originally Posted by NobleKane

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
$18.5 million

laugh.gif
helllll no Beltran > Pence.  Where did all this Hunter Pence love come from all of a sudden?

I think those SF pitchers are itching to get Philly in the playoffs again after Manuel ran his mouth.

Phillies rotation is better than the Giants rotation

Beltran is a good player but let's face it you ask MLB GM's who they'd rather have it'd be Pence

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
$18.5 million
Careful what you wish for.  And Zito won't sniff a roster spot again, though it is an extreme sunk cost.  When he and Rowand clear, we'll still have enough money to keep the core pitching group.  By then, some of the bats we have in the minors should be coming up too.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Just another hitter who will get dominated by Giants pitching.6
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
$18.5 million
Careful what you wish for.  And Zito won't sniff a roster spot again, though it is an extreme sunk cost.  When he and Rowand clear, we'll still have enough money to keep the core pitching group.  By then, some of the bats we have in the minors should be coming up too.
I know he's not sniffing the field but still amazes me how much of a bum he is

I'm wishing for the Giants, if we can't beat them then we don't deserve to be there but I would put my money on the Phils in a series...I don't care what happened last year, this is a different team.

I hear what you're saying on Zito, he's beyond a bum. If I were the Giants I'd never sign another Boras client again out of spite.

I hope for a re-match of last years NLCS...let the better team advance.

Beltran is a good player but let's face it you ask MLB GM's who they'd rather have it'd be Pence

In the long term, yes. But for right now it's Beltran.

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

In the long term, yes. But for right now it's Beltran.
how do figure? 

My guess would be proven playoff success....yes, minus the Cardinals series
laugh.gif
in comparison to Pence, at least.

Plus, Beltran is seemingly the definition of a contract year player.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
$18.5 million

laugh.gif
helllll no Beltran > Pence.  Where did all this Hunter Pence love come from all of a sudden?

I think those SF pitchers are itching to get Philly in the playoffs again after Manuel ran his mouth.

a month plus later...
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
so you bumped it just to laugh at my prediction? I'd say that 100 times over and over again if I had the chance. Carlos Beltran > Hunter Pence. My grandmother could rake in Citizens Bank. Beltran got into SF at a bad time where everyone, including himself, got injured. Try to sound really smug about being right in barely over a month sample size.

laugh.gif
so you bumped it just to laugh at my prediction? I'd say that 100 times over and over again if I had the chance. Carlos Beltran > Hunter Pence. My grandmother could rake in Citizens Bank. Beltran got into SF at a bad time where everyone, including himself, got injured. Try to sound really smug about being right in barely over a month sample size.
which all adds up to Hunter Pence > Carlos Beltran
that is all 

laugh.gif

Pence has more bombs in SF than Beltran does in just 4 games...so he's raking everywhere not just CBP plus he's a better overall player than Beltran at this point in his career. 

Back
Top Bottom