HURRY UP AND BUY! ...the thread about stereotypes and preconceived notions...

Profiling, stereotypes, and preconceived notions are a way of life.... we all do it. My question to NT is what assumptions do you make about people you don't know... whether it be in regards to the opposite sex, people of different races/religions, the region a person is from, etc etc....

Please, let's try to have a mature conversation. The thread is not intended to offend anyone or single out particular groups of people. Again, we ALL deal with this in our daily lives and I think it'll be interesting to see which things are universally accepted and which aren't...

examples....

- How do you feel about 'stop and frisk'?

- Do you assume people with tattoos have no chance in corporate America? Would you hire them?

- Does a person's choice of clothing speak reason enough to treat them a certain way?

- Are all women the same -- birds of a feather and not to be trusted?

- Do New Yorkers act like they're superior to other regions?

- Are southerners slow?

Again, we can have a discussion and not be disrespectful to others.

are Southerners slow?

up yours.
Lol... I was born in New York, raised in the Georgia.

all my uncles call me a "bama" because I don't sound like I'm from NY ............. and I enjoy walking around outside with no shoes on lol -- which in itself is a stereotype...

I work in corporate America and have tattoos down my arms and up my neck...

I was always told that my appearance would never get me a good job... I never bought into it. If I was denied employment that I was qualified for based on my appearance than oh well, that's life. I wasn't going to not be me for the sake of a job. If anything, it was motivation to be my own boss.

As a New Yorker I do feel that many of us (can't exclude myself from this one) for a multitude of reasons feel we are superior.

And yes, I would say in the NYC area there is a prevalent stereotype that southerners are slow and/or backward (especially when it comes to political choices and social issues).

Not saying it's right, just saying what is.

Last edited:
... threads on NT are a hit or miss, just thought being that the boards consist of a lot of young people from various backgrounds and lifestyles they'd have more to say about how they're singled out for whatever reasons...

i know if i lived in NY and got stopped and searched by the police just because I'd lose my ****...

and im sure females of the board, if there are any, would like to speak on how when they're dressed a certain way ****** treat them ******...

As a New Yorker I do feel that many of us (can't exclude myself from this one) for a multitude of reasons feel we are superior.

And yes, I would say in the NYC area there is a prevalent stereotype that southerners are slow and/or backward (especially when it comes to political choices and social issues).

Not saying it's right, just saying what is.
reason like?

via the internet, it always seems like NY'ers want to take credit for every trend known to man....  and being more "street smart" than the next region. i get that NY is one of the most populated areas in the country, but so is Los Angeles and all they seem to take credit for is weed and gangs...

i heard draya pics were gonna be in here OP, what happened?

nerd.gif

embarassed.gif

laugh.gif

sorry.  carry on.

Regarding the tattoos, if I was a hiring manager in the corporate world, if a tattoo is visible then no I would probably not hire them unless the next best is significantly worse. J have nothing against tattoos but if a client comes in it might not be a good idea to have tats showing

I have mixed feelings on the way a girl dresses and how we treat them....

when females say they're half naked "for them" it's ******** to me... you're setting the thirst trap, you WANT to be looked at and have ****** wanting you.

same for all the chicks that feel the need to turn sideways on every IG picture.... thats a bird tendency to me

my girl asian i thought she was good at math and her fam had money..................boy was i wrong |I

my girl asian i thought she was good at math and her fam had money..................boy was i wrong
tired.gif
I was like 20 before I ran across my first semi-broke asian.... my mind was blown... i didn't think broke asians in America existed

Back
Top Bottom