Hype machine begins - SportsIllustrated puts 16 yr old baseball kid on cover, calls him Chosen One

sick.gif
Wow..

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

That kid is 16? He look old.
Steroids do crazy things
grin.gif

But for real, I hope this kid makes it and can live up to the ridiculous expectations.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

A video of a home run derby proves his legitimacy?
A home run with an aluminum bat at that...
People say this like aluminum bats mean nothing.

Wood sweet spot >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> aluminum sweet spot

he should get his GED this summer and go play juco ball in florida for a year vs tougher competition then get drafted a year early

I'm sure he's going to be pretty good. The mental part is what he's going to have to deal with when he gets to the show. He's had so muchsuccess that its going to be interesting to see how he deals with failure at the highest level. I know he's only 16 but I'm sure that he will be in thebigs at 19. Hopefully he does well.

Nice by the time he can be drafted the Astros will be the worst team in the league!
Welcome to Houston
laugh.gif

His power from the left side at that age reminds me of Lars Anderson (Red Sox fans should be excited about his potential). I played against him in HS and hewas hitting outrageous shots off of pitchers who were bonus babies themselves...some people are just beasts at an early age.

This kid's skills behind the plate look good, too. I just don't know about this "chosen one" stuff. He's definitely an elite talent,maybe even a decade talent, but there are guys that go under the radar every year, just because they don't get invited to all star hype showcases like AreaCode. This best prospect ever stuff is standard hyperbole IMO.

Back
Top Bottom