hypothetically speaking....NBA MVP

billy hoyle

Banned
if Thunder could somehow take the division lead from the Nuggets and get the 3rd spot in the west. How could Kevin Durant not be MVP? HONESTLY? Its possible if the Nuggets start losing some easy games but hypothetically speaking though....

He should be the MVP even if they don't take it.

I'm kiddin... if Lebron wasn't such a savage, then he would have got it

Easy, Lebrons team has the best record in the league and without him they probably would be the 8th or 9th best team in the east.

dude you gotta give this a rest.

Lebron is the best player in the league and he is the most valueable player to his team and of the league.

He has better stats than durant, better record and everything else that they look at when picking an mvp.

Durant will be in contention in the future. Give it another year or two. But this is LeBron's award until further notice.

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Easy, Lebrons team has the best record in the league and without him they probably would be the 8th or 9th best team in the east.
and without Durant the Thunder would be dead last in the league, they had 59 losses last season if you guys didnt know...

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

and without Durant the Thunder would be dead last in the league, they had 59 losses last season if you guys didnt know...
Thunder without Durant > Cavs without Bron

Originally Posted by nublee

They had Durant last season and had 59 losses and 62 before that. they didnt pick up anyone significant last off season other than drafting Harden. Your logic sucks, sorry.

I think so, but there's no way the media isn't voting LeBron. Hell, the Thunder have only been on national tv once and they lost that game. People are hearing about him more, but there's still not nearly enough exposure. But I agree, you double your win total from the previous year with no significant roster turnover in the tough West, you need to be in serious contention.

Nope.

Lebron's assists are too high for Durant to overtake him. Not to mention he's a veteran reigning MVP going against a young player, and while Durant's contribution to the Thunder cannot be overlooked, he just can't take down LBJ this year.

The only way KD can steal it is if Lebron's stats are lower than his last year stats.

If an MVP is having a better year statistically than the year before, he gets it. It only makes sense.

See: Steve Nash.

Is Bron sitting out for the rest of the season? If not, then no way.

Kevin Durant wouldn't even make top 3 they way the NBA votes, its like they hate the fact that there's talent in the league, but it would probably look like Lebron, Kobe, Howard, Melo, Dirk then Durant....I'm just saying when it comes to MVP they vote record wise, and what the team does when that player is off the bench(FROM WHAT IT SEEMS LIKE), And on top of that Russell Westbrook is a beast too avg 16ppg 7apg on a team with Durant, (Not saying that Westbrook is MVP material, or anything this is just the way I'm thinking.) so I don't know if anything I say they give him Most Improved Player of the year.

I feel like I explain this every year in these threads.

--How good Team A would be without __ does not matter for MVP
--Pre-season expectations do not matter
--Win/loss difference from last year does not matter

MVP=the player who is having the best season on a team that is a top 2 (sometimes 3) seed in their conference. This pattern has held almost perfectly consistent for 20 years. That means, as of now, the candidates are: LBJ, Dwight, Kobe, Dirk, and Melo. Sure, KD would be a candidate if they can jump up to that three seed, but he's not a better player nor is he having a better season than LeBron.

lol Durant averaged 25 last year. The Thunder got better as a whole. They have a lot of great pieces besides Durant. Durant is probably my choice behind Lebron, but no way is he having a better year than Lebron. Lebron averaged 31 and won 50 games his 3rd year in the league and didn't get mvp. Durant will have his chance soon.

lol Durant averaged 25 last year. The Thunder got better as a whole. They have a lot of great pieces besides Durant. Durant is probably my choice behind Lebron, but no way is he having a better year than Lebron. Lebron averaged 31 and won 50 games his 3rd year in the league and didn't get mvp. Durant will have his chance soon.
Very soon if he keeps on playing at this level, and its only his 3rd year in the league, and dude is already involved in the mvp talks
laugh.gif
I just laugh because, it took kobe 12 seasons, and I'm not even hating on kobe at all because, he is clutch ALL THE TIME, but he only has one finals MVP, and one season MVP....the nba is rigged I tell you RIGGED!

Originally Posted by nublee

They had Durant last season and had 59 losses and 62 before that. they didnt pick up anyone significant last off season other than drafting Harden. Your logic sucks, sorry.
No, his logic is actually correct. To me, MVP (mos valuable player) means how good a team would do without their star player.

Kind of obvious who holds more value to their team, although i would love for Durant to win it.

tired of all this talk about the tough west..

you got lakers, mavs, and nuggets as "elite" teams

spurs, hornets, rockets, suns, thunder etc are all on the decline or too young to make any real noise..

East is pretty much the same.

cavs magic are the elite teams
celts, hawks, raptors, bucks are either on decline or too young to do anything significant.

THe difference between east and west isnt what it used to be.

Lebron and the cavs record against the west has been great the last 2 years, he beat durant by blocking his game winner, and his stats are better.

Durant deserves 2nd but hopefully he gets some more exposure, him being silent like duncan dont help when you have some "analysts" that look at personality or reputation

Duncan being quiet doesn't have anything to do with it, last time I check he has 2 regular season MVPs while Shaq, maybe the biggest personality in history of the NBA has one.

Bottom line, KD puts up these stats on a top 4 team in the league he'll get serious consideration, but he's not so he won't. Best player on the best team is what the criteria has changed to.

Back
Top Bottom