Hypothetically speaking...what if there was no maximum contract?

How much could Lebron command on the open market? No regulation...word to when Jordan made $36M in 98.

If teams were truly bidding for his services, what do you think the final price would be?

What about Wade? Bosh? and the rest?

"$100,000,000 per year for Bron..." -

mark_cuban_01.jpg

This dude is literally starving for a championship.  I don't think he would even care if he was losing $ if the Mavs were winning titles.
laugh.gif

That is what makes him so
pimp.gif

Maximum contract means nothing if you still have a cap.

No cap though? LA, NYK, and Dallas have a field day with free agents.

that would be wild if bron was making more than entire teams. Honestly, with billionaires like cuban, and the new nets owner, i would guess the final tally could be around the 9 digit range...

other dudes would be SALTY

If Larry Ellison buys the warriors... and no CAP. Warriors win a chip SOOOON

If it was a multi-year contract (3-7 years), I can't imagine it going past $40-45 mil per year, which itself is a ridiculous price. Otherwise the owner wouldn't get enough return on their investment to justify paying him that much. Also, LeBron's price tag would itself create a salary cap for the team because the owner would be less willing to spend on other players.

If we're talking about one-year contracts like Jordan's? Maybe up to $50 million. Cuban would pay that much for a ring I think.

I guess these are random numbers I'm throwing out there in a way, but I tried to use current salaries as some sort of guideline.

If it never existed the Knicks would still have some hilarious contracts left over from the Isiah era. Now it's dwindled down to one.
frown.gif

the knicks, the mavs, and now the nets (because of the russian billionaire) would be the big spenders in the market.

although LA is a big market town, i dont think jerry buss has enough cash to go over what he's already paying now

imagine if the NBA could cut players like the NFL...imagine how many players would be dropped....word to Elton Brand.

It's actually fun to think about. If there wasnt a cap then good lord it probably would be huge. All one needs to do is look at MLB the last few years as just a guide.

Of course though in the end the fans would pay for it.

Back
Top Bottom