I’m starting to see why GM cars get the bad reputation that it gets.....

I just got my car out of the shop. It was in there for a couple of months..

20n.gif
I hope they at least have you a loaner car?

My wife drives a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Only issue it had was an EVAP leak which was an easy fix. It has been great otherwise.

Been wanting to get my mom in a GC, her Equinox got totaled in an accident.

I’ve always had a Japanese whips too with the exception of a few gti’s. I have a mk7 gti now. It’s been great so far, zero issues.

my 4runners have all been tanks, Nissan Frontier was hot garbage had to replace then engine with 90k on it.

rx7 obviously it wasn't reliable, some old accords I had were great.

I want another 3rd gen 4runner but they are too rusty at this point. I don’t like the new ones. Too soccer mom’ish for me.

The front fascia on this current gen of 4Runners is hideous.

Been wanting to get my mom in a GC, her Equinox got totaled in an accident.

thats and it’s too damn big. It used to be made for off-roading and now it’s just a bloated expensive suv.

Depends on the trim level.
The limited and the trd pro have different non storm trooper bumper covers. But I'm not a fan of the shiny fascia on the newer limited packages.
2.jpg

I could deal with it on the nightshade package
8960a918189ea3ecaddca3a270e2f2c9.png

I think the older 2012 models without the shiny bumper look the best and fit with the design.
USC20TOS072A0101.jpg

Last edited:
Sometimes you just need a whip bruh. :lol:

Better than one of those little economy jeeps imo. I can’t even remember what they’re called. :lol:

20151109_121220.jpg

6 speed manual
all time 4 wheel drive
i go offroad weekly/monthly for work
driven this to mexico and canada
220k and all i have ever changed is oil/tires

...i get it tho...the jeep is a classic...i had 5.0s growing up in highschool, but once i got into japanese cars i never bought anything else...they are very good quality cars and very reasonably priced
I really hope they bring the FJ cruiser back.

I've always dealt with Japanese vehicles. My last vehicle was a 2017 Accord Sport SE and I loved that car. I recently came back from a military deployment at the end of January and really wanted the 2021 Wrangler Sahara.. almost pulling the trigger. At the end, after the reviews, gas prices and some numbers not making sense.. decided to stay with Honda.. so yeah currently.. :nthat: 2021 Sport SE.

20210512_200017.jpg

I wish they’d bring a cheap land cruiser here like the prado.

no Heated steering wheel, self driving bs. Just base model with a burly engine and transmission and full lockers.

they could easily do it and there is a market for it, keep it around 40k it would do numbers.
Closest thing to a Prado is the Lexus GX460
GX460_Prinsu_Full_05-scaled.jpeg

GX460_Prinsu_Full_04-scaled.jpeg

toyota-prado-kakadu-horizon-87-gxw4.jpg

Just a higher trim level Toyota.
Screenshot_20210602-064008.png

They still make them for the markets overseas.. wish they could bring it back to the states.

Wow, Had no idea.

Last edited:
In highschool one of my boys got a hand me down taco it had 310k miles on it when he got it. Had been his dads and bothbof his older brothers... he had it all through high school. 0 problems

Reactions: wr
Man the little trucks just don’t do it for me. I don’t see the appeal, and especially when they’re priced around 50K now, might as well get the full size pickup

Man the little trucks just don’t do it for me. I don’t see the appeal, and especially when they’re priced around 50K now, might as well get the full size pickup
You got a point because my dealer gave me this loaner car

2021 Buick Envison ST
6BFC04E5-EDBC-41D4-BEE6-5D8851FC49B7.jpeg
37EF8801-F97A-4E50-B6BA-41B250173EED.jpeg
26D3A4BC-010D-4222-B618-85F099BF658C.jpeg
F3002D8A-73C5-4AAD-AA41-C5D302CEEF51.jpeg
Now, it’s pretty loaded and it got some pep as far as acceleration, but the MSRP is about $46k!!! I don’t think this is worth the money. It’s got a lot of cheap plastics in the interior abs a lot of recycled GM buttons that is used on other GM cars that’s so cheap.. I know cars overall are overpriced, this is not worth $46k. I’m grateful to have a loaner car while my Impala is still at the shop LOL.

Closest thing to a Prado is the Lexus GX460
GX460_Prinsu_Full_05-scaled.jpeg

GX460_Prinsu_Full_04-scaled.jpeg

toyota-prado-kakadu-horizon-87-gxw4.jpg

Just a higher trim level Toyota.
Screenshot_20210602-064008.png

Wow, Had no idea.

yeah people make some beasts out of those.

too much money though for my intended purpose, but yeah those are sick if you do them up right.

Reactions: wr
Mannnnnnnn that joint so weak. I question the other day why in the hell would somebody buy that crap.

The Bronco out now is the small version built on the Escape platform.

The bigger one

I rented one of these in Cancun, drove 2 miles than made a U-turn to exchange it for a Jetta. The Jeep Renegade was by far the worst car I've ever been in

You got a point because my dealer gave me this loaner car

2021 Buick Envison ST
6BFC04E5-EDBC-41D4-BEE6-5D8851FC49B7.jpeg
37EF8801-F97A-4E50-B6BA-41B250173EED.jpeg
26D3A4BC-010D-4222-B618-85F099BF658C.jpeg
F3002D8A-73C5-4AAD-AA41-C5D302CEEF51.jpeg
Now, it’s pretty loaded and it got some pep as far as acceleration, but the MSRP is about $46k!!! I don’t think this is worth the money. It’s got a lot of cheap plastics in the interior abs a lot of recycled GM buttons that is used on other GM cars that’s so cheap.. I know cars overall are overpriced, this is not worth $46k. I’m grateful to have a loaner car while my Impala is still at the shop LOL.
The thing with GM cars is they usually sell them discounted. No one pays MSRP for them except the Corvette and higher trim Camaro :lol:

The Bronco out now is the small version built on the Escape platform.

The bigger one

I rented one of these in Cancun, drove 2 miles than made a U-turn to exchange it for a Jetta. The Jeep Renegade was by far the worst car I've ever been in

Why is that?

In LA, rented a few cars. Had a Model X for a few days, a 430 GC, a Camry and eventually a Nissan Kicks. Kept downgrading as I wanted to spend less and less :lol:

Also was driving a 2020 Jeep Compass for a bit and by far it was the worst driving one. Felt super floaty on the highway, had to drive 2 handed for me to feel secure. The Kicks had absolutely no power but it was nice to whip around, actually enjoyed how it drove considering what it is. Wonder if its a Jeep thing, drove a Wrangler before and it just felt like a boat, never took it on the highway but I wonder if its also floaty feeling.

before my current car, i had a 2006 tacoma. it's still running great with no major problems. over 270k miles.
i was actually waiting for it to give up on me to get a new whip but i got antsy during the pandemic with all the deals and just copped one. i know the tacoma is gonna keep on doing it's thing for a while.
Big facts. Got a 2005 Corolla with 260K miles. It's now my beater. Thing is bulletproof and the AC is still ice cold.

GX is a gas guzzler and requires premium.
I love the Prado, one day i hope they bring it to the US market

I like Toyota but their line up is super lack luster right now. tacoma has a turd for an engine and is a gas guzzler, they need a diesel option.

4runner has the good old engine but its still not great and I just don't like the current 4runner.

even if they brought the hillux here I'd be happy. I drive a lot and in 2021 I can't be getting 17mpg. give me a diesel.

Back
Top Bottom