I Applaud This Woman For Having The Courage To Say And Do This On Live Tv

You know what, I'm sure she has gotten more repulsive emails. Why didn't she use those to make her point? She used an awful example of bullying.

The viewer who sent her the email, Kenneth Krause, gave a statement to "Today" standing by his original comments. "Considering Jennifer Livingston's fortuitous position in the community, I hope she will finally take advantage of a rare and golden opportunity to influence the health and psychological well-being of Coulee region children by transforming herself for all of her viewers to see over the next year," he wrote.

:rofl:

the email was from her husband
Someone was on reddit...
laugh.gif

grin.gif

Being a chubster doesn't add undue stress or increase the workload for the major organs? I don't believe you.
:lol: :lol: I felt the same way when I read the article. They give some interesting stats and citations that make you think twice though.

Last edited:
I forgot that most of y'all are either young in age or just young-minded and just see this as a fat person complaining.

The idea is that a person who is overweight is automatically a poor example to children is absurd and that a parent could be instilling those values in their children can lead to the mentality that people who are viewed as lower on their scale of acceptability does lead to a sort of bullying. Sure, people can automatically dismiss it as, "You're fat and you can change that, how dare you relate it to other injustices" but the point remains that it's unfair to see someone due to any aspect of their physical appearance and judge them as bad people or unsuitable examples to children.

FYI: I'm skinny so it has nothing to do with me and as I stated earlier, I agree obesity is a huge (no pun) problem but this is bigger (pun?) than that.

"We need to teach our kids to be kind, not critical"

Complete nonsense, people have to realize that being critical can sometimes be a form of kindness. The guy's letter was not even hateful, it should have been inspiring.

Obesity related issues is the number one cause of death in this country and it's time that more young people become aware of this. I understand the woman feels bad but she can change it, obesity is not a permanent disease, it can easily be treated.

I forgot that most of y'all are either young in age or just young-minded and just see this as a fat person complaining.
The idea is that a person who is overweight is automatically a poor example to children is absurd and that a parent could be instilling those values in their children can lead to the mentality that people who are viewed as lower on their scale of acceptability does lead to a sort of bullying. Sure, people can automatically dismiss it as, "You're fat and you can change that, how dare you relate it to other injustices" but the point remains that it's unfair to see someone due to any aspect of their physical appearance and judge them as bad people or unsuitable examples to children.
FYI: I'm skinny so it has nothing to do with me and as I stated earlier, I agree obesity is a huge (no pun) problem but this is bigger (pun?) than that.
no one, including the supposed "bully" mentioned by the anchor, said that fat people are bad people; instead, he mentioned that a public figure should exhibit a positive, healthy image. I reject this "bullies" notion that fat people can't be good examples/role models for children, though, to assert that criticizing a person's weight and nothing more as "bullying" is absurd.  

Young-minded? 

The term is immature, Mr. Grandpa. 
laugh.gif

grin.gif

Anyways, since you're Mr. Mature, and no one else is, then I guess people should only receive positive email on a public forum.

Remember. Free speech protects the views of the minority as well. 

She took the comments to heart and wasted local broadcasting time because someone said something she didn't like. 

Hate when whales try to justify their fatness.

Brb, reading words of a teleprompter is serious labor.

Young-minded? 

The term is immature, Mr. Grandpa. :lol:  >D

Anyways, since you're Mr. Mature, and no one else is, then I guess people should only receive positive email on a public forum.

Remember. Free speech protects the views of the minority as well. 

She took the comments to heart and wasted local broadcasting time because someone said something she didn't like. 
Immature? I've never heard that word. :rolleyes Never said I'm more mature than everyone else but you seem quick to twist words in order to exaggerate as much as possible nor did I state anything remotely close to the idea that "people should only receive positive email on a public forum."

Free speech is great, just as she utilized her right to free speech. It seems as if the station was aware and felt it a worthwhile topic of conversation so I'm not quite sure how she "wasted local broadcasting time because someone said something she didn't like."

So y'all are in agreement that simply because someone is overweight they are an unsuitable example to children?

Last edited:

I see what you are saying but she brought light to something that did not need extra exposure since bullying is a popular topic in the media these days. Her story is not motivational in any sense of the word. She essentially said it is ok to be fat like it's some disability that can't be reversed. Instead she should have used her platform to promote a healthy lifestyle that actually motivates kids instead of sheltering and coddling them.

And this whole topic of bullying is getting too much momentum in the media IMO. I feel like we are evolving into a soft society with complacent people.

Tired of getting bullied for being fat - lose weight or fight back (the latter will stop bullying dead in its tracks)
Tired of getting bullied for being skinny/frail - lift weights or socialize so you have people that have your back

For the record I was frail/skinny

People are afraid of challenges and give up instead of working hard to overcome them. Do I condone bullying? No, but it's human nature. When these kids grow up and end up having difficult bosses how are they going to react then?

Chubby folks are cool and jovial - got no problem with 'em...

...but when will fat people realize that no one has sympathy for them?

It ain't like you got in a car accident and woke up in the hospital fat, you weren't diagnosed with terminal obesity, you didn't get a bad blood transfusion from a careless doctor and catch the whale, no one broke into your house at night and force fed you...

...yo' big *** just won't stop eating.

All these damn people starvin' in the world and yo' greasy lip Jabba the Hut *** hoardin' all the food...

...Big Chops on the news cryin' when her breakfast coulda fed like 10 Haitians - we all know damn well she ain't have a V8.

I gotta pudgy homie that's been runnin' and hittin' the gym all summer like the N' tryna go pro...

...he wasn't even anywhere near Tubby McGee's size over here, but he just got tired of the **** and took action to do somethin' about it.

It's really that simple.

Back
Top Bottom