i broke my macbook pro by accident. ordered a macbook air (13" 256gb). good call did i dun goof?

its only a little more $ than a comparable mbp and so much sexier
i just use it for schoolwork/internet basically, no video editing or anything crazy

its enough for that stuff right?

.....right?

you dun goofed for paying that price ta.
comparable MBP? MBA isnt even in the same league
laugh.gif

you'll like how it looks for sure though

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

you dun goofed for paying that price ta.
comparable MBP? MBA isnt even in the same league
laugh.gif

you'll like how it looks for sure though

pretty much. 
but if you had the dough, then i say it was worth it. they are pretty nice looking. 

shoulda just copped a 13'' MBP, though.

Have to say that MBP is the standard of Apple laptops, without exception. Without a disc drive I wouldn't say that the MBA is worth buying. It probably is a ton better for regular travel though, since it's battery has less to work for.

You fools don't know what you're talking about.

The new MB Airs have benchmarks that are at least comprable to the MacBook pros, and many times better, so no you absolutely did not goof especially for what you use it for.

However, word on the street is they're going to make thin 15" and 17" MacBooks that might carry the Pro name towards the end of this year.

Sexy choice on the top of the line MBA tho
glasses.gif

And when's the last time anyone used a CD Drive? Apple is getting rid of the CD-Drive on all its computers. Just like it was one of the first to get rid of the floppy. Changing the game
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Was it a unibody MBP? If so, YOU DUN GOOFED!
laugh.gif

yeah it was.....
damn

lol i literally googled macbook pro vs macbook air clicked one of the first results. it said get the air. im an idiot

djuzi05 wrote:
The new MB Airs have benchmarks that are at least comprable to the MacBook pros, and many times better, so no you absolutely did not goof especially for what you use it for. 

However, word on the street is they're going to make thin 15" and 17" MacBooks that might carry the Pro name towards the end of this year. 

glasses.gif

ok this makes me feel a little better. 
sounds good on the 15" and 17" models but i've always got the 15" mbp's and i actually sort of felt it was too big for a laptop. thin 15" model might be the perfect compromise though, between a 15" mbp and a 13" air.

ok so the verdict is i goofed but as badly as i could have. alright. brb returning air for the 15" when does that drop?

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

laugh.gif

yeah it was.....
damn

lol i literally googled macbook pro vs macbook air clicked one of the first results. it said get the air. im an idiot

djuzi05 wrote:

glasses.gif
sounds good on the 15" and 17" models but i've always got the 15" mbp's and i actually sort of felt it was too big for a laptop. thin 15" model might be the perfect compromise though, between a 15" mbp and a 13" air.

ok so the verdict is i goofed but as badly as i could have. alright. brb returning air for the 15" when does that drop?

I think new apple products come out every September/Fall. I could be wrong though.

Also, 13" is a better value than the 15" MBP. It's like an extra $200-300 for the bigger screen and I like smaller screens, lighter and more compact.

laugh.gif

yeah it was.....
damn

djuzi05 wrote:

glasses.gif

Well Camel, I mean... the new Air benchmarked well but for video playback, any sort of gaming, I wouldn't get one... the only Air I had was the first model but that thing overheated like no tomorrow. I just prefer the Pro line, I want to put 8GB of RAM into my machine when I get a chance.

Originally Posted by scshift

laugh.gif

yeah it was.....
damn

djuzi05 wrote:

glasses.gif

I think new apple products come out every September/Fall. I could be wrong though.

Also, 13" is a better value than the 15" MBP. It's like an extra $200-300 for the bigger screen and I like smaller screens, lighter and more compact.

yeah and the 13" air screen is a high resolution apparently....so it should look good.
maybe ill hold onto this after all. 

yeah sep/fall they tend to drop....i know the iphone 5 comes out around then, cant wait  
pimp.gif
 iphone 4 feels old these days

if the 15" and 17" models are basically just bigger airs i dont need it i guess, but if theyve got some other cool stuff or are way faster/more storage it might be nice

finnns2003 wrote:
Well Camel, I mean... the new Air benchmarked well but for video playback, any sort of gaming, I wouldn't get one... the only Air I had was the first model but that thing overheated like no tomorrow. I just prefer the Pro line, I want to put 8GB of RAM into my machine when I get a chance.

my buddy who is very into computer specs and stuff got a mpb 8g ram and the solid state drive, he says its amazing. 

I'd say you got a good buy. For those claiming the lack of a drive is a big negative, how often do you use yours? I've got the early 2011 MBP myself and had a late2006 MBP before it and I can't remember the last time I put a cd or dvd into the drive (outside of ripping music, and I've got an old desktop for that)

No you did not goof. The New MBAs have benchmarks at or better than even the best MBPs out right now. The new MBAs speeds are so much faster compared to its last version.

macbook_air_2011_geekbench.jpg

you bought an apple product... of course u got got butttt if you like it whats it matter? there will alwayssss be sumthin newer n better... jus the climate of the technology world right now... nerds stay on their grizzly

Broke how? How much were repairs going to cost?
I'm a little jelly I want one of the new Macbook Airs but I'll wait until they release a black one

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

I'm a little jelly I want one of the new Macbook Airs but I'll wait until they release a black one
it was outside on a table on the stone patio by my pool. i accidentally knocked it off the table, so it landed on the stone and the case broke. heard the unibody repairs are $$$, and it is very very broken, so i didnt even bother bringing it in.

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

it was outside on a table on the stone patio by my pool. i accidentally knocked it off the table, so it landed on the stone and the case broke. heard the unibody repairs are $$$, and it is very very broken, so i didnt even bother bringing it in.

laugh.gif
you could've at least seen how much it cost you goof. http://www.myservice.com/cases.html

yeah and the 13" air screen is a high resolution apparently....so it should look good.
maybe ill hold onto this after all. 

yeah sep/fall they tend to drop....i know the iphone 5 comes out around then, cant wait  
pimp.gif
 iphone 4 feels old these days

if the 15" and 17" models are basically just bigger airs i dont need it i guess, but if theyve got some other cool stuff or are way faster/more storage it might be nice

I was talking about the 13" MBP, but don't get me wrong, the new Macbook Airs are good stuff.

I take it you have the i5 and a 256GB SSD? If so, you should be good to go.

The MBP is more versatile, but if what you need is just browsing/word processing/music, the Air probably fits your needs better. Much lighter/slimmer and very good performance. However, if you aren't running an SSD, you might want to look into one.

Back
Top Bottom