I came out to my parents today....

I remember when my sister told my momma she was gay. Ma told her ssa, "shut up, yeen no damn gay, you got a baby fool how you gay? you crazy is what u is!!" 
roll.gif
 I was deadrollin in my room

Sup Tim, had to look twice at the name

Shout out to NT for being so mature about things, this is shocking!!!

wow, an overwhelming response. thanks everyone.

there seem to be several questions that have arisen:

why did i wait so long? i was in serious denial most of my life. and i'm naturally somewhat of a loner, so it was never a big deal not to be in a relationship.

did my parents really not know after all these years? they said the thought had crossed their minds. mainly because i'm a fairly attractive professional man who seemingly would have had the opportunity to date girls if i had so chosen.

what race am i? white (wait, why was this a question again? lol...)

have i ever had a girlfriend? no.

Congrats OP

Very inspirational post, nice to see some good things on NT for once
pimp.gif

Few questions of my own.

Are you in a relationship? If so, how long did it take you to find your partner? How (meaning where did you meet, etc)?  I ask this because my best friend came out (told me first) about a year ago and it took him a very long time to find someone to date. He didn't really know how to go about finding someone to date or asking if they were gay as well.  Just curious how it worked out for you

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Originally Posted by solemunchies

Like everybody is saying, props to you, OP. To share it with your fellow NT brothers is also another thing. Wish you the best.

Pretty much.............Im still pleasantly surprised nobody has made a joke yet
NT showing some class
smile.gif

Props to you, OP.

Originally Posted by FOG

Like everybody is saying, props to you, OP. To share it with your fellow NT brothers is also another thing. Wish you the best.

Pretty much.............Im still pleasantly surprised nobody has made a joke yet
NT showing some class
smile.gif

Props to you, OP.
NT fam can be real helpful 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

eek.gif
Would've never known. I'm genuinely envious of your courage. Can't imagine the difficulty of going through something of that magnitude.

Congratulations and I wish you the best...to the only Mississippi State fan I know, gay or straight
laugh.gif

Congrats OP. I know you feel a hell of a lot better now that you got that off your chest. It's also cool that your parents accepted it without any anger or disappointment.

I know a few gay people, and they're all really nice and down to earth.

Respect to all the NTers showing some maturity, but I know that won't last. From all the past threads i've read, they're lurking... and someone is gonna pull the trigger.

OP... real respect to you bro! My cousin hasn't found the way and will to come out to us yet, but we all already know... but we are just waiting for HIM to open up to us. When he's ready, he'll tell us.

So I could just imagine the fear of coming out and not being accepted... but I guess people need to understand that, no matter what, you are who you are. And there will always be people in this world that will accept that.

I always thought of you as the guy with the plain jane air max collection in wdywt 
laugh.gif

how are your parents feeling now? how about your best friend then and now?

and props.

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Respect to all the NTers showing some maturity, but I know that won't last. From all the past threads i've read, they're lurking... and someone is gonna pull the trigger.

OP... real respect to you bro! My cousin hasn't found the way and will to come out to us yet, but we all already know... but we are just waiting for HIM to open up to us. When he's ready, he'll tell us.

So I could just imagine the fear of coming out and not being accepted... but I guess people need to understand that, no matter what, you are who you are. And there always be people in this world that will accept that.
How do you know for sure he's gay though?

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

So I could just imagine the fear of coming out and not being accepted... but I guess people need to understand that, no matter what, you are who you are. And there always be people in this world that will accept that.
How do you know for sure he's gay though?

The signs were there my dude! And besides, my cousin (his older sister) caught him with another guy one day. From there it just all made sense.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

I always thought of you as the guy with the plain jane air max collection in wdywt 
laugh.gif

how are your parents feeling now? how about your best friend then and now?

and props.

you know what's ironic?  several years ago, i was called THE WORST DRESSED PERSON ON NT in that thread, lol...
... so much for stereotypes!  lol

Respect.

You're appreciated because you're the only openly gay member off the top of my head that has stated your sexuality without being trollish about it. Especially because of the homophobia that is obviously still rampant on this message board.

My very good friend just came out, and she was so worried about it. Her parents are divorced, so she had to do it twice. Both her parents are very religious, but they were accepting and they said they pretty much knew she was gay already hah.

Good for you
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom